Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone else watching "Zorro: La Espada y la Rosa"?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-17-07, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm usually very anti-soap opera but I'm hopelessly addicted to this show. Anyone else watching it on Telemundo?
Old 10-17-07, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

For those that don't know what I'm talking about, here's some info on the show: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zorro:_La_Espada_y_la_Rosa

It's a suprisingly well made show despite the undeniable earmarks of a Hispanic Soap Opera.
Old 10-18-07, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I caught one of the episodes on HD on Universal HD a while back. It looked very good, but I'd rather not read subtitles.

I found it funny that there was a 20 year old girl and her aunt as characters and they were both played by hot young women.
Old 10-20-07, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I watch it locally so there are no subtitles. Not that I'd want any since Spanish is my first language. Sadly, they don't broadcast it in HD over here.

Yes, Marlene Favela (Esmeralda) and Luly Bossa (Almudena, the aunt) are both hot. So is Andrea López (Mariángel, the scheming half-sister.

But insanely hot looking women are commonplace in Hispanic soap operas. About the only redeeming quality, really. But this show really raises the bar with solid writing, great production design, and a (mostly) excellent cast.

I love how it also doesn't take itself too seriously and actually has fun with the characters and the tangled web they find themselves in. Sadly, not too much swordplay and in the current story arc Diego is trying to do for himself without the alterego of Zorro.