Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Survivor: China - 10/11/07

Episode 4

Title:

Spoiler:
Double Trouble

Description:

Spoiler:
The Zhan Hu tribe finally showed its muscle last week by winning both the reward and the immunity challenges. But will the team find continued success, or will bickering do them in? In the upcoming episode, Dave and Sherea get into a heated argument over, of all things, seashells. But what has everyone talking is a surprising tree mail that says both teams must attend tribal council. That can't be good.

Old 10-11-07, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hopefully the poker player dick goes home this week.
Old 10-11-07, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That was amazing the way they used those birds to catch fish.

The special effects they have been doing this season during the challenges are really silly, they should scrap that idea.
Old 10-11-07, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those effects were not special. The birds, on the other hand ...

Can't decide what is more annoying: the people who assume leadership roles and get needlessly bossy or the people who are too lazy to even pretend to be helpful around camp.
Old 10-11-07, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't remember a season that had more annoying people. Everybody is either bossy or gets all pissy over one little comment that somebody else makes. Seems pretty clear they searched out people with difficult personalities to deal with, but they are all a bit over-the-top annoying this season.
Old 10-11-07, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jean Robert knows Cantonese!?

And Todd has all three clues!

Didn't James look comfortable in that Chinese Armor.

To Sherea still being there.
Old 10-12-07, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Courtney looked hilarious in that armor; those little skinny arms sticking out of those huge shoulder pads...

[And I agree about the special effects during the comps looking silly. What's next? Bullet-time?]
Old 10-12-07, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
I don't remember a season that had more annoying people. Everybody is either bossy or gets all pissy over one little comment that somebody else makes. Seems pretty clear they searched out people with difficult personalities to deal with, but they are all a bit over-the-top annoying this season.
I don't think it's that there are more annoying people than usual - the problem is that the annoying people are getting all the airtime. We're a quarter into the season, and I don't think we've seen Erik, Jaime, or Denise for more than a few moments. Hell, when they had a close-up of Erik with the subtitle "musician", I was thinking "Who the hell is that?". Denise is a mullet-wearing, butch-looking, lunch lady! Let's hear from her! Surely the producers can spare some time from Zoolander and the poker pig? Frosti and James aren't getting much camp-time coverage either (with James big moment being that unfortunate "strategy" session with Jean-Robert).
Old 10-12-07, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think they were stupid in voting off Dave instead of Sherea. Someone who sits on their ass all day is much more annoying than someone who doesn't shut up. And he is much more helpful both around camp and during challenges. I figure she punched her ticket with all of the stupid shit she said at TC, but apparantly they had already made their minds up.

I liked James at first but he is turning out to be kind of a dick. I think Jean-Robert is an ass, but I don't think he was showing off or bossing people around during the reward last night.
Old 10-12-07, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So far this season is very boring.
Big mistake keeping Sherea and getting rid of Dave.
She's lazy and they loose challenges anyway so what is she saving her strength for ?
How about giving Amanda some air time, at least she's easy on the eyes.
Old 10-12-07, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Man--so few comments.

Even though the dude was annoying in his "leadership," still stupid to get rid of him instead of annyoing AND (apparently) lazy Sherea, who I just can't stand seeing in that underwear any longer...
Old 10-12-07, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz
I think they were stupid in voting off Dave instead of Sherea. Someone who sits on their ass all day is much more annoying than someone who doesn't shut up. And he is much more helpful both around camp and during challenges.

Has he been though? From what I remember, he's been pretty ineffective at challenges, totally burning out on the challenge from a few eps ago. You can't really tell how people are because of editing, but the edited Dave of this show was god awful. A complete condescending tool. Did you listen to his little farewell speech during the credits? "They lost something of great value, some would say something priceless..." Just awful.

The special effects during the challenge were stupid, and then they telegraphed when there would be a hit. Not necessary, especially with the challenges being pretty cool this season.
Old 10-12-07, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
J-R was speaking Mandarin with the fisherman and his family. That was kinda cool (it must have freaked out J-R's tribemates), and I was hoping J-R would have jokingly said that he attributed his Mandarin language skills to picking up a "Mandarin for dummies" book for the plane ride to China.
Old 10-12-07, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by boredsilly
Has he been though? From what I remember, he's been pretty ineffective at challenges
I didn't say he has been effective. I said he has been more helpful than Sherea.
Old 10-12-07, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Correction, it's mandarin.
Old 10-12-07, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I really hope Courtney is gone next week. She is the most useless, weakest survivor ever.
Old 10-12-07, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Amanda just seems to keep getting hotter. Of course she also looks like she could kick my butt.
Old 10-12-07, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by zuffy
I really hope Courtney is gone next week. She is the most useless, weakest survivor ever.

I want her to make it to the end, just because I want to see how thin she can get.

The challenge was funny. The bamboo blocking pole was thicker than her arms, and she could barely throw the hammer part the second line! ROTFL

I don't know what the thought on the challenge effect are. I guess to try and make it more interesting?
Old 10-12-07, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mugwump
Amanda just seems to keep getting hotter. Of course she also looks like she could kick my butt.
Yeah, I like me some Amanda (awesome butt), and Jaime, too.
Old 10-12-07, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by brainee
I don't think it's that there are more annoying people than usual - the problem is that the annoying people are getting all the airtime. We're a quarter into the season, and I don't think we've seen Erik, Jaime, or Denise for more than a few moments. Hell, when they had a close-up of Erik with the subtitle "musician", I was thinking "Who the hell is that?". Denise is a mullet-wearing, butch-looking, lunch lady! Let's hear from her! Surely the producers can spare some time from Zoolander and the poker pig? Frosti and James aren't getting much camp-time coverage either (with James big moment being that unfortunate "strategy" session with Jean-Robert).
Agreed! I like Denise and would like to hear more from her. She seems like a nice gal and works hard in the challenges. Erik is from Nashville so I want to see more of him as well.

Yeah! Todd has all three clues! I just hope he doesn't get the boot. I believe he's safe for a while since I think Courtney will be the next to go when their tribe looses immunity.
Old 10-12-07, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't think J-R knows that much Mandarin... He said he picked up the language when he was young in Taiwan. I believe he used his "poker" skills freaking out his teammates. Basically, he's just understanding one or two keywords in the sentence and translate using common sense...

e.g. What? Teach me? Oh teach me how to fish...

Huo? Oh, fire... yes, start the fire...

Ni ... ... ming zhi? (what's your name? it's pretty much like Hola, como se llama? He probably picked that shit up at the airport). When the Chinese girl answered his question, he got this "i have no fucking idea what you just said" look (cause, he didn't say shits like "hao ming zhi" meaning, pretty name...) The reason he didn't reply, b/c the girl was rumbling about her brother...
Old 10-12-07, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Maxflier
The special effects they have been doing this season during the challenges are really silly, they should scrap that idea.
+100
Old 10-12-07, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by zuffy
Which pretty much insures she'll coast her way into the final two.
Old 10-12-07, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Which pretty much insures she'll coast her way into the final two.
I hope she hangs around long enough for everyone to start calling her " Courtnorexia ".
Old 10-12-07, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Amanda in the little red shorts is the best special effect

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.