DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Life 10/10/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/514177-life-10-10-07-a.html)

Patman 10-10-07 10:07 PM

Life 10/10/07

I about fell off my couch when Charlie pulled a knife on the suspect's nards after the suspect pull the knife on Charlie's neck. It was such a prison life moment that came so natural to Charlie after 12 years in the joint.

Loving Charlie's new ride, and that was a smokin' kiss he shared with his ex-wife.

Goldberg74 10-11-07 07:40 AM

I fell asleep about 10 mins into it. I had a long day yesterday.

I'll have to watch the full ep on NBC.com sometime this weekend to catch up.

madcougar 10-11-07 08:08 AM

I hope this show gets at least one season to earn its keep. I really like the Crews character. By the way am I the only one disappointed that Brooke Langton is beginning to look a little long in the tooth?

AGuyNamedMike 10-11-07 08:22 AM

I think she looks just fine for a 37-year-old smoker and sunbather.

MrE 10-11-07 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
I about fell off my couch when Charlie pulled a knife on the suspect's nards after the suspect pull the knife on Charlie's neck.

Same here. Details like that are why LIFE is still in the running for my favorite new show.

Mysteryfan 10-11-07 10:51 AM

I thought the bit with the fence was also a nice touch.

CitizenY 10-11-07 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
I fell asleep about 10 mins into it. I had a long day yesterday.

I'll have to watch the full ep on NBC.com sometime this weekend to catch up.

I think it is reairing Saturday.... at least here in Houston. 9p central?

Mordred 10-11-07 03:13 PM

I have a strange problem with Life. I really like this show. It may be my favorite new show this season. I love the characters and how the interact. I love all the dialog, and all of the actors. I'm intrigued about the main story arc.

I think the mysteries of the last two episodes have been really stupid. I don't believe for a second that the husband wouldn't rat out the guy who killed his wife because he was ashamed. He's so ashamed that he decides to give up his kids (and possibly fake amnesia of the whole incident... that point wasn't clear). Then 10 seconds later he decides he's going to keep his kids because he finally told the truth. Blah. I also wonder if the badguy "confessing" would be admissable in court. Would a 530lb guy even fit in the back of that car?

I'm not going to stop watching any time soon, but at least make an attempt at logic/reason with the filler episodes.

boredsilly 10-11-07 03:31 PM

I'm 50/50 on this show. Like Mordred mentioned, the cases are a little lame in that "keep you guessing" kind of way. But I can't help but watch because Charlie is a really interesting character. I don't like him and I don't hate him, but I watch to see how he'll react to the situations he finds himself in.

The fence scene was a really well played subtle scene. That kind of stuff makes me want to stick with this show for a while.

Even if Charlie has a weird little person mouth on a full grown man's head.

Bronkster 10-11-07 05:29 PM

I'm liking the show but agree with Mordred on the weak plot stuff.

So, did anyone notice the bandage on the guy's head switch to the other side in the scene where Charlie and his partner were arresting him?

Mordred 10-13-07 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Bronkster
I'm liking the show but agree with Mordred on the weak plot stuff.

So, did anyone notice the bandage on the guy's head switch to the other side in the scene where Charlie and his partner were arresting him?

I rewound that to show my wife. I thought that was a pretty funny flub. I assume they just reversed the shot for some reason but it was beyond obvious.

madcougar 10-14-07 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by AGuyNamedMike
I think she looks just fine for a 37-year-old smoker and sunbather.

Bingo has a name-o! She is a bit of a leather face. Don't get me wrong, she is still pretty damn good looking, but HDTV is not her friend.

BDB 10-14-07 11:47 PM

Really enjoying the show..

What the heck is up with the lieutenant's voice? She can't hardly speak

LorenzoL 10-15-07 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy

She's a man baby!!!

I like the mystery of why Crews was set up but the current cases needs to better.

BDB 10-15-07 11:18 AM

I knew it! She reminds me of chastity bono..
That sara shahi chick is very pleasing to look at.

This is the new show I like best, and I like the Crews character a lot..

nateman 10-15-07 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
Really enjoying the show..

She looks like Sarah Chalke, 10 years from now.

I agree about the weak “crime” storylines & that part kind of gets in the way with the “quirky” stuff Crews is doing. I had the exact same problem with Raines, weak cases.

I was comparing Life to Raines because it feels a lot like it, but I think it’s developed into a much better show, in a lot shorter time. I find Crews a more developed character & his partner is smokin’! I didn’t care for Sarah Shahi at first but she’s earned my attention!

This show, although not getting stellar ratings, seems to be getting consistent ratings of around 8 million + viewers & that’s pretty much what its freshman competition show on ABC, Dirty Sexy Money is getting rating wise as well & is only getting less than a million more viewers. Hopefully Life gets through all of its first season & gets renewed for a second. It'll never outdue CSI: NY in the ratings.