Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Damages - "I Hate These People" - 10/09/07

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-07, 04:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Damages - "I Hate These People" - 10/09/07

Thought I start a thread for the latest (where are you MrX)?

LOVED TONITE'S OUTING -- had to watch the immediate 2nd airing!!!
Is it safe to assume the last few minutes were the reason for Patty being in state of shock at the beach house? And is David going to notify Ellen at some point about the men who paid a visit to his apt.? (Have we seen lamp bulb replacement guy before?)

Great farewell party for Ray Fiske. Wasn't into him in the beginning, but the writers and Ivanek really added depth and dimension to his character, especially in this episode. Ray's whole life (as pointed once by Greg Molina) had been a lie -- but it was still a shocker that he blew his brains out after telling the Mrs. to pack up earlier. He must've really lost respect for Patty with that blackmail deal, and just didn't want to get into deeper sh*t working with her at the firm...if she ever was going to hold her end of the deal.

And what a transformation Ellen has made these last couple of episodes -- holding her own ground against Patty, whereas Tom's less a No. 2 and more the first-year associate.
Originally Posted by Patman
Another interesting episode leading up to the final 2 for this season(?). Lots of pieces falling into place as the past is catching up to the present storyline.
Who was the female in Ellen's apartment at the end of the episode (was it Lila)?
Yup, crazy bitch Lila.
Originally Posted by redrum
hmm screen went black when ray shot himself.

i watched the second airing. did they edit it?
It cuts to Patty's reaction and to a drop of blood on one of her loafers. Thought it was effective for them to choose to cut to a black screen after Fiske puts the gun in his mouth.

Last edited by skatefan20; 10-10-07 at 04:26 AM.
Old 10-10-07, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn, I was rooting for Frobisher and Fiske. Don't know why... but I wasn't expecting him to off himself. I still thought he'd flea the country with his wife.

I'm still interested to know exactly Ellen "knows" about Patty she's said could ruin her. Simply blackmailing Fiske doesn't seem 'bad' enough as that's something could certainly come out in trial as setting the scene for Frobisher and Fiske dumping stock before the SEC report came out.

As indicated in the article in the "Damages on F/X" thread, I hope it gets a 2nd season, and a good DVD release. I'd like to know when and why they changed who the killer/s are who they originally were.
Old 10-10-07, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This show is badass.
Old 10-10-07, 08:35 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Great show, but Fiske's suicide was too cliché. Saw that coming from a mile away and around the block.

I'm not buying the Lila subplot. She's too attractive to be stalking a guy as uninteresting as David.

I thought the show was over when the sister came out of the shadows. To my surprise, there were 15 minutes left!
Old 10-10-07, 10:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got my DVR so the time still plays tricks on my mind cuz I started at 10:30, but I thought the show ended like 3 times.

Did they really change the killer? That's worrisome.

Really liking how they introduce a twist and you look back and realize that they were leading up to that the whole time.
Old 10-10-07, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
I'm not buying the Lila subplot. She's too attractive to be stalking a guy as uninteresting as David.
Well maybe she is just crazy and then you never now...
Besides, your argument is man-logic and you can't apply that to women
Old 10-10-07, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
This really has been a tremendous show (how it is all woven together) and Ivanek definitely deserves Emmy consideration for his great work.