DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Unit, Always Kiss Them Goodbye, 10/09/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/514101-unit-always-kiss-them-goodbye-10-09-07-a.html)

uteotw 10-09-07 11:18 PM

The Unit, Always Kiss Them Goodbye, 10/09/07

Good to have things mainly back to normal, and I thought this was another great episode. Action, drama, suspense, good acting, easy on the wives (I can't recall why Mack hates Tiffy so much. He's the one who actually had an affair, right?). That poor computer geek...

Jimmy James 10-09-07 11:21 PM

I think Mack basically came to the realization that he and Tiffy were no good for one another and is just trying to handle it as best he can. I think he's right about it and hope they don't end up patching them back together.

I'm not particularly impressed with the reset (as I said last week), but it's still good enough to keep my attention each week. I think the episode was a pretty good one, though I'd really like to see a little variation from Bob saves the day in this season. I get that he's the main character, but they could still retain him as the focus and focus a little more on the other guys.

Ranger 10-09-07 11:56 PM

I thought Tiffy had slept with Ryan?

Good episode. Wonder how much mpney they spent on the plane stunts.

Jimmy James 10-10-07 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Ranger

Right, but no power in the verse could stop Mack from sleeping with the girl from Firefly.

Legolas 10-10-07 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Ranger

Mac doesn't know that. But he does think she had an affair with anti-military social worker guy.

Ranger 10-10-07 01:04 AM

Yeah, that couple has a messy history.

But it's only a matter of time til they are reunited in some predictable way like having Mack, angry and shirtless, rescue Tiffy from terrorists.

girlnextdoor 10-10-07 09:04 AM

I have not military experience at all, but I think, that someone calling the MP"s and saying that there is "domestic disturbance" it is kind of strange that they just take the callers word. Surely by the time the MP's got to the house, Tiffy and Mac had calmed the girl down and he had a whole shirt back on.

jonnyquest 10-10-07 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by girlnextdoor
I have not military experience at all, but I think, that someone calling the MP"s and saying that there is "domestic disturbance" it is kind of strange that they just take the callers word. Surely by the time the MP's got to the house, Tiffy and Mac had calmed the girl down and he had a whole shirt back on.

In the real world, the MP's probably are trained to err on the side of caution. "Soldier Kills Wife" as a newspaper headline is not good.

auntiewinnie 10-10-07 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Legolas
Mac doesn't know that. But he does think she had an affair with anti-military social worker guy.

Not to nitpick, but he was an anti-military lawyer guy.

aintnosin 10-10-07 01:46 PM

I did like the fact that the unit was effectively starting from ground zero and piecing the command center back together on the fly during the crisis.

I also liked the disconnect between what Kim and Molly were being told at the radio station and what was actually going on.

The Bus 10-10-07 03:02 PM

I thought it was good but was kind of disappointed that the whole Unit shut-down thing only took place over 3 episodes (1 last season, two this season). They could've milked another episode or two out of it and going back to this format made seem a bit slow.

I'm not a big fan of the terror-threat at home thing because it just seems so implausible.

Jadzia 10-17-07 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by auntiewinnie
Not to nitpick, but he was an anti-military lawyer guy.

And I still can't believe that was the same guy who is now Don Draper on Mad Men. He was so wimpy on The Unit, but is such an awesome character on Mad Men.

Speaking of guest stars gone by, I still miss Gale Harrold as Kim's boss at the radio station. I always thought there was some cool sexual tension between them, but definitely not the case with this new boss.

I must have watched too many episodes of 24, but I kept expecting that inept computer guy to be a mole working for the terrorist group. :lol:

This show is so much better than 24 though, on so many levels.