DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Carpoolers - "Laird of the Rings" - 10/09/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/514054-carpoolers-laird-rings-10-09-07-a.html)

conscience 10-09-07 02:39 PM

Carpoolers - "Laird of the Rings" - 10/09/07

Spoiler:
Laird borrows Gracen's wedding ring because he thinks it will make him more desirable to a woman. Marmaduke thinks that Laird may be his real father and Aubrey is seen sneaking into a motel by Dougie, who thinks the worst of it.

Is there anybody else besides me that didn't drop this after the premiere?

After watching the pilot a couple of more times - I actually can't wait until tonight.

CPA-ESQ. 10-09-07 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by conscience
After watching the pilot a couple of more times - I actually can't wait until tonight.

You watched the Pilot more than twice -eek-

;)

Chaza 10-09-07 05:38 PM

I was very upset with the pilot, and may give it another shot, but I probably won't get around to watching it for several days.

Tracer Bullet 10-09-07 08:21 PM

It was okay, nothing special.

grenier 10-09-07 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Chaza
I was very upset with the pilot

Really, how did it upset you?

I thought both episodes have been ok, predictable but ok.

marty888 10-09-07 10:07 PM

Well, I figured I'd give it a second chance.

After watching someone bounce off cars a few times, I decided to shift gears and drive off ...... permanently.

Everyone out of the pool!

magiccmom 10-10-07 11:26 AM

Anyione think Jerry O'Connell looks like the Riddler? I know he is supposed to be the "hot" guy of the sitcom, but yeah, not so much....
And I find the son, "Marmaduke", a really worthless character. Thought I would give this a try one more week, and it was one more week too many.

mrpayroll 10-10-07 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by marty888
Well, I figured I'd give it a second chance.

After watching someone bounce off cars a few times, I decided to shift gears and drive off ...... permanently.

Everyone out of the pool!

I actually thought him getting hit by the 2 cars was hilarious. I liked the 2nd episode better than the first.

Though, with it losing almsot 2 million viewers, I wonder how long this and Cavemen will last?

Chris

Chaza 10-10-07 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by grenier
Really, how did it upset you?

I thought both episodes have been ok, predictable but ok.

Because I'm a huge Kids in the Hall fan, and Bruce McCulloch is probably my favorite member of the troupe. To see him doing such a mediocre show sucks.

conscience 10-11-07 12:51 PM

Not as good as the pilot, but I like this show. It isn't the greatest of all time but decent enough to keep watching. Hope it doesn't get pulled too soon.

dgmayor 10-12-07 11:00 AM

The only part of this episode I liked was the beginning and the end in the car singing "Come On, Eileen". Probably because it's one of my favorite 80's songs, but calling on-star to ask the lyrics cracked me up.

Rest of the show was pretty mediocre.

Patman 10-12-07 11:33 AM

I have to admit that people confusing the lyrics of well-known songs (to the point of almost making them up to the melody of the song) usually makes me laugh.

paradicelost 10-12-07 10:40 PM

I liked it the two episodes that I watched but for some reason it just doesn't seem like a show that could last more than a short season.

mrpayroll 10-17-07 03:23 PM

No love for last nights show? I thought it was another very good episode with a lot of laughs and THANK GOD they do not have a laugh track to ruin everything.

I'm hoping this makes it the full season.

Chris

grenier 10-17-07 03:26 PM

I didn't like last night's episode at all, I just didn't find any humor in it at all. I might be done with the show.

Patman 10-17-07 03:36 PM

I didn't care for last night's episode either.

JimmySRU 10-17-07 05:02 PM

i think this show is great