Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Next season of Entourage in JUNE?!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-07, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Next season of Entourage in JUNE?!?

Damn. I mean this show is great but the wait in between seasons is terrible.

Is this HBO's fault and/or lack of network money?
Old 10-08-07, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
If it started in June, that would be exactly one year since the start of the previous season, which is standard in the TV world. I don't see an issue.
Old 10-08-07, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
They did play two seasons within 2 weeks of each other.
Old 10-08-07, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
I think I suffered from too much Entourage over these last 2(?) seasons and still never got around to watching the last 2 episodes. I think the wait will make me miss the show and actually look forward to it returning.
Old 10-08-07, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by PJsig08
Damn. I mean this show is great but the wait in between seasons is terrible.

Is this HBO's fault and/or lack of network money?
I'm actually glad. Since I haven't had HBO since the beginning of Season 3, it means I can get caught up!
Old 04-02-08, 10:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruised over to the Wiki page for this show to see if there was any news on the return. Apparently there is some new info and it came out on March 8. Oh well, better late than never.

There may be potential spoilers listed below, but I think a lot of it is just speculation at this point so I won't spoilerize it. Be aware that there are some possible plot points revealed, though.

I apologize if that has been posted elsewhere.

From http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin

Hollywood is back in business—in both fact and fiction.

The writers are back to work on HBO's Entourage, and Doug Ellin spilled a thing or two on the forthcoming fifth season and beyond at a recent Writers Guild event.

Keep reading for the scoop on what's ahead for Vinnie, Ari and the rest of your favorite Hollywood posse...

Episodes Made to Order: You may have noticed that while season three ran 20 episodes, season four was just 12. So, what’s on tap for the boys’ fifth go-round? Ellin says they currently intend to produce 12 half-hour eps. But in the event that HBO decides to order more at the last minute, Ellin is up for it, saying they don’t cement storylines or story arcs ahead of time. They just go with the flow: “Each episode is written, we see [how it plays out] and then figure out what would naturally happen next.” Consider Entourage the anti-Lost.

Strike That: Sure, the show often mimics what goes on in Hollywood, but the writers' tentative plan to satirize the strike has been scrapped. Ellin feels that most people are over the whole debacle and would prefer to deal with different material, so that’s what they’re doing. Sadly, the three-month work stoppage will still make its mark on year five, postponing its scheduled June premiere until September.

Dom and Gloom: Ellin says Dom (whom Vince had to oust from the crew after he stole that shockingly important Shrek doll) will likely return. Domenick Lombardozzi, the actor who plays Dom, is one of Doug Ellin’s close friends, and Ellin wrote him in intending for Dom to be a permanent fixture of the entourage. Unfortunately, he didn’t anticipate the audience’s negative reaction to the character, which ultimately led to Lombardozzi’s early exit. Ellin has a personal goal to bring Dom back, but this time he’ll have a storyline we can empathize with. Giving him terminal cancer is one idea they're considering.

Did Vince Dump Debi Mazar? Publicist Shauna’s sporadic appearances on the show are not a sign of Ari-esque troubles ahead. Mazar is considered a series regular, but she isn't in every episode simply because so much of what Shauna does is handled by Mr. Gold. Still, Ellin insists they love having her on whenever possible, and he shares that Mazar appears in three of the four [upcoming] episodes already shot.

Don't Stop Believin': It’s no surprise that Vince and the boys will be romancing their fair share of females come September. What else is in store for the future? A trek out to Joshua Tree, where something a little, um, trippy goes down. Ellin says he has four more seasons of scandalous behavior in reserve, insisting that Entourage will probably run through year eight. How does he envision the show coming to its final end? “I see all four guys getting shot up in a diner.” Genius.
Old 04-02-08, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Nice, Dom can die of cancer. That gets my sympathy
Old 04-02-08, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sadly, the three-month work stoppage will still make its mark on year five, postponing its scheduled June premiere until September.
Doh!
Old 04-02-08, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How was Dom written out because of fan backlash to his character? They film them all before they air, and he was only on like 2 episodes.
Old 04-03-08, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A trip to the Joshua Trees? Can't wait!
Old 04-03-08, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Any word on S4 DVDs?
Old 04-03-08, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
So if this isn't starting until September, that must mean we won't see Big Love until 2009.
Old 04-13-08, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm dying for the new season to start. It sucks that it's now September. I've held off buying the last 2 dvd sets in hopes of HBO releasing them on BD.