Brothers & Sisters - "An American Family" - 10/07/07

Old 10-07-07, 10:36 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
Brothers & Sisters - "An American Family" - 10/07/07

"An American Family"
Spoiler:
Kevin, Kitty and Nora greet Justin on his return from Iraq; Tommy struggles to meet the demands of being a good father; Sarah's relationship with Rebecca begins a new chapter.
Old 10-07-07, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I wonder if Lena (Emily Rose) is going to present some temptation to Tommy at the vineyard.

Pretty entertaining bit revolving around the conservation radio host and Kitty/Nora/Kevin.

Glad Justin made it back, even with a bum leg that will force him to entertain the use of narcotics to get through the early rough spots of recovery.

Sarah isn't having a good week, and Rebecca's confessional didn't help matters.
Old 10-07-07, 10:32 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
I wonder if Lena (Emily Rose) is going to present some temptation to Tommy at the vineyard.
I was thinking the same thing

Good episode
Old 10-08-07, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Such an awesome episode. I loved it! I was so worried about Justin, and they certainly were playing it off, at first, as though he had died. I'm glad that he is alive. He is wounded, but, he's alive. It looks like he's going to have a tough time of it, and he's going to need to let his guard down, and let his family help him.

I am so mad at Joe. I can't believe that he's back with his ex-wife. I just can't stand the thought of Sarah and Joe getting a divorce.

I loved it when Kevin, Kitty and Nora were going to pick up Justin, and they were listening to that radio show. It was so funny that both Nora and Kevin picked up their phones to call in, but, Kitty wouldn't let them. Then, the guy finally pissed Kitty off, and she called in. That scene, with the three of them, was excellent.

This show has so much going for it. I really enjoy it, and it is now my top favorite. Don't get me wrong, Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy are right up there, but, Brothers and Sisters is at the top, for me. ABC has an excellent mix of shows, and I have to say I am impressed!
Old 10-08-07, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
I loved it when Kevin, Kitty and Nora were going to pick up Justin, and they were listening to that radio show. It was so funny that both Nora and Kevin picked up their phones to call in, but, Kitty wouldn't let them. Then, the guy finally pissed Kitty off, and she called in. That scene, with the three of them, was excellent.
Definately my favorite scene of the evening as well.
Old 10-08-07, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Agreed. That was a great scene.
Old 10-12-07, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just caught up with the first season on DVD and am now up with S2. Such a fantastic show. I thought it would be pretty good when I started it, but not THIS GOOD.

Is this show in danger of being canceled anytime soon? Sunday night on ABC isn't a bad spot, I'm guessing.
Old 10-12-07, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love this show. I just love watching everyone act and play their scenes together but the writing is top notch.

Looks like this is the show to be on now with quite a few guest stars coming up.
Spoiler:

EW.com has learned that Ken Olin will join his wife Patricia Wettig on screen for a three-episode arc of Brothers & Sisters. Olin, who also executive produces the ABC drama, will play a former lover of Holli Harper (Wettig) who comes back into her life and exposes some personal secrets. The couple's son, Cliff Olin — who's a writer on the series — may pen one of the episodes. Filming begins later this month. Olin and Wettig, who have been married since 1982, starred together on ABC's thirtysomething.

Chevy Chase has been tapped for a multi-episode arc on ABC's "Brothers & Sisters," says The Hollywood Reporter.

He will play Stan Hirsh, the high school boyfriend of Nora Walker (Sally Field), on the ABC Studios show.

It is shaping up to be a busy romantic season for Nora who also has a new love interest played by Danny Glover.

Rachel Griffiths has landed herself a not-too-shabby (Spoiler Alert) rebound relationship on Brothers & Sisters. Ex-Studio 60 chairman Steven Weber is joining the cast for a significant arc as a love interest for Griffiths' (Spoiler Alert) soon-to-be-single Sarah.

Weber's character, Graham Finch, is a private consultant who is brought in to help expand the Walker family business. And although Sarah is initially resistant to the idea, she ultimately succumbs to his charms.

Last edited by riley_dude; 10-13-07 at 01:53 AM.
Old 10-14-07, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Brent_MN
I just caught up with the first season on DVD and am now up with S2. Such a fantastic show. I thought it would be pretty good when I started it, but not THIS GOOD.

Is this show in danger of being canceled anytime soon? Sunday night on ABC isn't a bad spot, I'm guessing.
I keep telling people who don't watch this show that they really need to. I can't believe how in love I am with this show.

As far as in danger of being cancelled goes, I certainly hope not. I haven't heard anything to that effect, and I hope not to. It's my understanding that it does quite well for ABC, following Desperate Housewives.