DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Two New Episodes 10/04/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/513583-its-always-sunny-philadelphia-two-new-episodes-10-04-07-a.html)

DJLinus 10-04-07 06:00 AM

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Two New Episodes 10/04/07

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9...nysmallvv5.jpg

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia 10/04/07

Tonight's first episode: "The Gang Sells Out"

Spoiler:
The gang agrees to sell Paddy's when they get an offer that's too good to turn down. As non-partners in the bar, Dee and Charlie are left in the lurch and forced to find jobs...and do real work.

The second episode: "Frank Set Dee on Fire"

Spoiler:
The gang tries to become local celebrities by creating their own public access news show and making it big on the hip club scene.

HE Pennypacker 10-04-07 09:57 AM

So how come they air two new episodes back-to-back instead of just one? Is the season shorter this way or do they produce more episodes per season? I've never seen such a thing before.

Jimmy James 10-04-07 11:41 AM

They have nothing to air with the show. We get 15 episodes this season, with 5 weeks of doubles and 5 weeks of one new episode followed by a season 3 episode. I think it's a pretty decent decision.

Trigger 10-04-07 11:45 AM

I ordered the first two seasons on DVD - I'm lost as to how they are doing it - even after your explaination. Has this ever been on the air before? I can't figure out why a new show has 2 seasons already. Was it all on the web or something?

MechanicalMan 10-04-07 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Trigger
I ordered the first two seasons on DVD - I'm lost as to how they are doing it - even after your explaination. Has this ever been on the air before? I can't figure out why a new show has 2 seasons already. Was it all on the web or something?

Obviously, it's not a new show. It's in its third season.

Trigger 10-04-07 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by MechanicalMan
Obviously, it's not a new show. It's in its third season.

Yeah - that didn't answer my question, but thanks.

Barings 10-04-07 11:58 AM

Isn't Charlie a co-owner of the bar also? I remember an earlier episode where they were having brunch and who had voting rights in the bar.

DJLinus 10-04-07 12:00 PM

It's been on since the summer of '05. The number of episodes per season has increased each year.

And, yes, F/X doesn't have any half hour comedies to pair this with. Originally, it was paired with a show called "Starved", which I thought was decent. But it got terrible ratings - a comedy about eating disorders? - and got canned. Funny thing is that I remember reading that F/X was thinking "Starved" would be the better performer of the two shows, but that didn't turn out to be the case (luckily).

Trigger 10-04-07 12:02 PM

Ahh - so it has been on the network - wonder why it's the first time I've heard of it - have they just not ever had such a media blitz of advertising before or have I just missed it I wonder.

MechanicalMan 10-04-07 12:04 PM

Yeah - that didn't answer my question, but thanks.

The episodes were all aired. You know... kind of like every other TV show. I think that's basically the definition of "TV show," actually: a show that is on TV.

SexualPudding 10-04-07 12:13 PM

The episodes were all aired. You know... kind of like every other TV show. I think that's basically the definition of "TV show," actually: a show that is on TV.

Right. You mean like how the Black Donnelly's, for example, aired a handful of episodes, and then the rest were only available (at the time) on NBC's web site after it was canceled? That technically was a tv show, was it not?

There's no need to be a condescending asshole. The guy asked a simple question.

DJLinus 10-04-07 12:15 PM

Ahh - so it has been on the network - wonder why it's the first time I've heard of it - have they just not ever had such a media blitz of advertising before or have I just missed it I wonder.

From what I remember, it started out pretty low-key. F/X said that if they wanted a second season, the producers had to bring on a big name actor, hence Danny DeVito joined the cast and it got more promotion. This season seems to have been promoted even more, IMO.

Trigger 10-04-07 12:22 PM

Why are you so crabby? Did someone piss in your corn flakes this morning? Ease up on the talking to me like I'm a retard. I realize it's the internet, but stop it.

Trigger 10-04-07 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by DJLinus
From what I remember, it started out pretty low-key. F/X said that if they wanted a second season, the producers had to bring on a big name actor, hence Danny DeVito joined the cast and it got more promotion. This season seems to have been promoted even more, IMO.

Ahh - that explains it. Thanks. :) The show seems to be pretty hilarious from what I've seen... I'm looking forward to the box set I bought... hope it's nearly as good.

MrX 10-04-07 12:25 PM

The second episode: "Frank Set Dee on Fire"

:lol:

DJLinus 10-04-07 12:30 PM

Ahh - that explains it. Thanks. :) The show seems to be pretty hilarious from what I've seen... I'm looking forward to the box set I bought... hope it's nearly as good.

You're welcome. If you are liking this third season, you won't be disappointed. While still very funny, nothing this season has matched the brilliance of the second season's "Dennis and Dee Go on Welfare" or "Mac Bangs Dennis's Mom". Those two are classics.

Trigger 10-04-07 12:33 PM

You're welcome. If you are liking this third season, you won't be disappointed. While still very funny, nothing this season has matched the brilliance of the second season's "Dennis and Dee Go on Welfare" or "Mac Bangs Dennis's Mom". Those two are classics.

Can't wait - this show is spastic comedy gold.

kakihara1 10-04-07 12:35 PM

Back when i first got into the show, I thought the first couple episodes were pretty shaky, but it suddenly clicked for me on I think Episode 4 "Charlie Gets Cancer" either the show just got exponentially better or I finally "got it". Either way the first two seasons are brilliant. :)

kakihara1 10-04-07 12:37 PM

"Dennis and Dee Go on Welfare"

My personal favorite! :)

Oh baby youuuuuuuuu got what I neeeeeeeed. :lol:

rfduncan 10-04-07 04:47 PM

Why are you so crabby? Did someone piss in your corn flakes this morning? Ease up on the talking to me like I'm a retard. I realize it's the internet, but stop it.

"I'M GONNA GO AMERICA ALL OVER YOUR ASS!!!!!!! ....

I'm gonna to rise up,
I'm gonna to kick a little ass,
Gonna to kick some ass in the USA,
Gonna climb a mountain,
Gonna sew a flag,
Gonna fly on an eagle,
I'm gonna kick some butt,
Gonna drive a big truck,
I'm gonna rule this road,
I'm gonna kick some ass,
Gonna rise up,
gonna kick a little ass,
Rock, Flag, and Eagle!" ;)

cleaver 10-05-07 01:23 AM

Oh get a job? Just get a job? Why don't I strap on my job helmet, and squeeze into a job cannon, and fire off into job land, where jobs grow on jobbies?

Supermallet 10-05-07 03:44 AM

Charlie is just getting increasingly more insane with each passing episode. His rant about putting the tape in the video camera had me rolling.

Two more classic episodes from the gang. The dancing man on public access was fantastic. I also love Dee being set on fire repeatedly.

slop101 10-05-07 11:09 AM

I've mentioned it before, but Charlie's scenes with the waitress he as the crush on are even funnier when you know that they're married in real life.

The scene where Charlie loses it and starts screaming about not putting the tape in the camera was funny enough, but even funnier when you look at Mac during Charlie's tirade and see that he's trying really hard to hold it and keep from busting up - and to think that's the best take they could've used, there must have been a bunch where he just loses it.

grenier 10-05-07 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Barings
Isn't Charlie a co-owner of the bar also? I remember an earlier episode where they were having brunch and who had voting rights in the bar.

He apparently traded his shares to Mac and Dennis for stupid things. Mac mentioned he traded some for half a sandwich or something like that.

dadaluholla 10-05-07 02:12 PM

CHOP SOME CATS! CHOP SOME CATS! CHOP SOME CATS! The cat chopping machine they were working on was so hilarious. Also loved when Frank's gang turned into a doo wop group. This is the funniest show on television today.