DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Life 10/03/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/513559-life-10-03-07-a.html)

Patman 10-03-07 10:16 PM

Life 10/03/07

I like the way this show is balancing Charlie's hunt for who framed him, the current police case he and his partner are working on, and his philandering ways.

I almost didn't recognize Meredith Salenger. Seeing Christine Hendricks (as Charlie's father's fiancee) on the show was a nice surprise. Dani's still got her "picking up married men" hang-up going on. Charlie was kinda bold getting his real estate agent to get him inside the house where the murders took place (of which he was framed).

zekeburger1979 10-03-07 10:28 PM

I'm really enjoying this show thanks in large part to Damian Winters and the weird quirky humor that is sprinkled throughout the show.

I agree with you Pat that Ted getting Crews into the house was a bold move, but it did pay off in giving him another piece of the puzzle.

When Charlie was standing in front of the mystery outline at the end, I was reminded of Leonard Shelby in Memento.

I really liked the part where Charlie was spreading out all of the pictures to figure out the missing camera.

That whole sequence with Charlie and his old partner in the garage had me worried for a minute that he was going to attack Charlie. It didn't help that he lied to Charlie to get him to come out to the house.

As long as the show stays light on its' feet and doesn't become another standard police procedural, this show will remain must see for me.

Oh yeah, Sarah Shahi = -other- :drool:

Goldberg74 10-03-07 10:29 PM

The lead still creeps me out with his acting, but I'm still intrigued and will watch it again next week.

Charlie Goose 10-04-07 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
I almost didn't recognize Meredith Salenger.

I didn't recognize her, which part did she play?

wetsprockets 10-04-07 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
I didn't recognize her, which part did she play?

She was the wife of Charlie's old partner.

Mordred 10-04-07 11:09 AM

Within a second of her appearing on screen my wife turned to me and said, "it's Natty Gan!" I hate when she does that.

I love Major Winters. I'll watch anything he's in so I'm going to be tuning into this show no matter what. So far I'm loving it. Sarah Shahi and Brooke Langton? Sold! I thought the second episode was better than the pilot. Good interplay between the leads and pretty funny. I really like Adam Arkins character as well. Unfortunately the result of the murder stretched believability. Okay we get that the gang all fooled around, but even in an open marriage I wouldn't think you'd have another person in your hotel room on your honeymoon night.

Charlie Goose 10-04-07 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by wetsprockets
She was the wife of Charlie's old partner.

Dang, totally missed that. I hope she's going to be a recurring character.

MrE 10-04-07 12:16 PM

This show's title sucks. I have to check each week to see what it is.

That said -- another strong episode. So far I'm liking it better each time it's on.

wmansir 10-04-07 06:11 PM

What they didn't explain was that Deputy Leo needed the money to continue the special education for his little sister. Obviously it's working because she didn't appear to have down's syndrome at all, but I imagine such high quality treatment is expensive.

Septemberbaby 10-04-07 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by wmansir
What they didn't explain was that Deputy Leo needed the money to continue the special education for his little sister. Obviously it's working because she didn't appear to have down's syndrome at all, but I imagine such high quality treatment is expensive.

Can you explain this further? I have a godson who has Down's and no special education will ever change that. He's become highly functional because of early intervention and special eduction, but he still looks the same and has DS.

wmansir 10-04-07 07:19 PM

The same actor who played the killer in this episode played a reoccurring character (Deputy Leo) on Veronica Mars. He was likable and had some chemistry with Veronica, but was fired from the force for selling evidence from police lockup because he needed the money for his little sister's special ed.

Septemberbaby 10-04-07 07:21 PM

Ah... so we're talking about two different series? My bad.
I was just confused for minute. I don't know all the character's names and I didn't realize that you were talking about an actor's other role.
Thanks for clarifying.

LorenzoL 10-05-07 12:33 AM

I'm totally digging this show even though I'm more interested in the conspiracy behind Crews going to jail than the actual "episode crime".