DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Reaper - "Charged" 10/2 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/513500-reaper-charged-10-2-a.html)

CPA-ESQ. 10-03-07 08:24 AM

Reaper - "Charged" 10/2

I watched this show again. Here are my thoughts

Why is this show 1 hour??? god does this show drag. At most it should be 1/2 hour.

Here is the break down of the show
15 minutes of them playing hide and seek with the box
15 minutes of seeing them do their job
15 minutes of commercials
15 minutes of actual plot -ohbfrank-

I'm going to give this show one more try, if we have another 45 minutes of this reluctant hero bull sh!t - I'm out.

starseed1981 10-03-07 09:03 AM

After last night I'm out. Just seems like rehash of many things we've seen before.

Snowmaker 10-03-07 09:05 AM

I didn't even remember to record it last night.

Bah, I'll just drop this one now.

Trigger 10-03-07 09:58 AM

I like it... I'm still in.

mdc3000 10-03-07 10:15 AM

Yeah, this episode felt LONG... I mean, I was looking at the clock every 10 minutes wondering why this wasn't over yet... it's got some good moments but they're too few and far between. I'll watch another week, but this show isn't doing much for me.

Bronkster 10-03-07 10:39 AM

I was "meh" on the pilot last week, and recorded last night's show, but after reading the comments here I think I'll just delete it and give it up.

MEJHarrison 10-03-07 01:57 PM

Well, I enjoyed last night's episode. On the other hand, the local CW station was having some issues and I missed the first 25 minutes of it.

I'll be back next week.

twikoff 10-03-07 02:40 PM

still had a few parts that made me laugh out loud
i agree it does drag though
ill continue to stick with it a little longer

aktick 10-03-07 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by MEJHarrison
Well, I enjoyed last night's episode. On the other hand, the local CW station was having some issues and I missed the first 25 minutes of it.

I'll be back next week.

My local CW station switched between HD and SD about 10 times. Very annoying.

Patman 10-03-07 04:52 PM

This wasn't an entertaining episode, and it did drag. I'm hoping they right the ship because they need to punch it up in terms of either characterization, or backstory of the folks getting hunted down by Sam.

Geofferson 10-03-07 04:55 PM

I still don't see where all the positive buzz is coming from...I wasn't impressed either.

skatefan20 10-03-07 05:53 PM

On par with the Pilot eppy. Enjoyed this one!

Have a DVR/tuner, but I wish CW moved this one up to 8pm and not go against HOUSE.
Would setup a great Tues nite for one-word title shows: Reaper -> House -> Damages.

JohnSlider 10-03-07 06:43 PM

I loved it, I loved every second of it. I'm not even one of those people that love the stupid sitcoms, or the crappy reality shows, usually I would condemn this thing without even watching a second of it. Probably one of the best new things this year after Chuck and Life.

Nth Power 10-03-07 07:31 PM

I liked it and will keep watching. Too bad my cable company doesn't carry it in HD.

Dash 10-03-07 07:51 PM

I enjoyed it. I missed the pilot but this was pretty good and I think ill keep watching it. I like the Does the Hulk need to smash part.

Jimmy James 10-03-07 10:31 PM

It may be that my expectations were just too high for the pilot due to the Smith factor (I really like his films) or the concept just took some time to work for me, but I thought this episode was decent (and indeed better than the pilot). I'm not sold on the show, but I'll continue to record and watch for now.

Big Boy Laroux 10-04-07 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
15 minutes of actual plot

And 10 minutes of that was "i don't want to do this!" conversations.

but i still liked it. I like how that one guy gets hurt in each episode. I hope they keep that up.

slop101 10-04-07 10:40 AM

God, that was pretty much a beat-for-beat retread of the last episode. If they just keep repeating this formula (which isn't exactly intriguing to begin with) over and over, I'm gonna have to drop this show. At this point, Missy is all that's keeping me from doing so.

Xander 10-04-07 10:42 AM

I thought it was good enough to keep watching. I'm hoping they got the "I don't want to do this job" stuff out of their systems now.

B.A. 10-04-07 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Trigger
I like it... I'm still in.

:beer:

MrE 10-04-07 12:09 PM

This would probably work better at half an hour, but I'm still liking it. Great characters ... even if there are a few too many of them.

SexualPudding 10-04-07 12:17 PM

I am liking it enough to keep watching. Not everything needs to be emmy worthy for me to watch. Missy Peregrym is an added bonus :)

JasonF 10-04-07 12:46 PM

I had fun watching this episode, and I'll be back next week.

Patman 10-04-07 01:01 PM

I'd rather watch Bret Harrison in "The Loop".

mphtrilogy 10-04-07 02:04 PM

Really disappointed in the 2nd ep. I think they missed Kevin Smith a lot more than anyone may care to admit.

The show is lacking an edge and crisper writing, paging Joss Whedon!

I think the writers had one great Pilot in them and thats it.

That being said, I like Bret Harrison and I'll be giving the show a few more eps.