TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Bionic Woman -- "Paradise Lost" -- 10/03/07

Old 10-03-07, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Bionic Woman -- "Paradise Lost" -- 10/03/07

"Paradise Lost"
Spoiler:
Jaime continues to gradually adjust to her new bionic life - all while trying to maintain the normal aspects of her human life. She also befriends a stranger who appears to be very friendly and goes on her first mission.

First Aired: Wednesday October 3, 2007
Old 10-03-07, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking forward to tonight's episode.

Here are some previews (spoilers!):

Trailer for episode two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMLoZ...natic%2Ecom%2F

And a clip from tonight's episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4obxq...natic%2Ecom%2F
Old 10-03-07, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm also looking forward to tonight's episode. It's funny that despite alot of the hate and criticism alot of DVD Talkers are giving this show, the pilot still generated over 5 pages of discussion.
Old 10-03-07, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm giving this show 5 eps... and so far, I like it. Bring on the first mission!
Old 10-03-07, 04:25 PM

Here's four clips from tonight's episode (including the one I posted earlier, but in better quality!). Again, people who want to avoid spoilers should avoid.

http://www.superheroflix.com/tv/news/55/23155.php
Old 10-03-07, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Looking forward to tonight. Yesterday, I finally watched the premier, and was good enough to get me to come back.
Old 10-03-07, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I'll be watching.
Old 10-03-07, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I wasn't expecting as much dry humor, but several bit made me LOL (more than some comedies this fall).

So we have a summation of Jaime capabilities, and she's bought into Bledsoe's group. Jaime's got a bit of a sarcastic streak, it's fun. Then again, her treating a "save the world" job as a 9-to-5 job will prove to be a idealistic goal in pursuit of a stable homelife for her kid sister.

Jae's playing with fire, going back to Sarah. He'll be the obvious guy who's compromised, but I don't think everything will be black-n-white.

Nice quick bit of footage from Battlestar Galactica on the TV.

The sideplot of the release of the gas was resolved a little too quick, but they were running out of time, and for all we know, it's status quo for the group. But I'm sure we'll be in for larger, more dangerous situations that only Jaime will be able to handle.

I'll be back for the next episode.
Old 10-03-07, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I must say that I enjoyed it far more than the last few Heroes episodes.
Old 10-03-07, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I only caught the second half.

So blonde Bionic Woman is good now?
Old 10-03-07, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ranger
Well, I must say that I enjoyed it far more than the last few Heroes episodes.
Yup. Amazing what a little action can do
Old 10-03-07, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Second episode...and I'm finished with this show. Easily one of the worst shows this television season, if not television history. It's like they just took old unused Alias scripts, added cyborg parts, and removed any possible chances of entertainment. The actors might as well just be holding the scripts in their hands while the filming is going on, considering they are putting zero emotion or energy into their performances. Not that there would be much they could add to such garbage cliche writing.
Old 10-03-07, 10:45 PM

I'm still a bit undecided on the show, but I enjoyed it, overall. Like the pilot, there were some cheesy parts, but it was still a step up. I'll be tuning in for the next few episodes at least, to see where they go.

Also, why was she fighting so stupidly against that guy in the store (with the girl in the town)? She fought WAY better against Starbuck in the previous week.

As a side note, I really don't like the opening titles. Not good at all. They would've been better off going with something like the minimilist LOST opening if they weren't sure what to do.
Old 10-03-07, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The opening titles looked like AI mixed with Flashdance.

I liked the ep... I'll continue to watch (but the fight with the human soldier was a joke compared to last weeks rooftop battle).
Old 10-03-07, 11:47 PM

I liked the pilot, but this was a terrible episode; just bad all-around. I thought her boyfriend was shot in the shoulder -- now he's dead?
Old 10-04-07, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Didn't care for this episode either. Jamie was practically a supporting player. Although her sister is nice to look at, I don't give a shit about Jamie's home life. She wants to save the world each day and be home in time for dinner? Gimme a break. The opening theme music sucked--way too short and not memorable. Shouldn't Jamie have easily defeated the soldier? Afterall, she's bionic and he's not as far as we know. Why did her boyfriend die if he was only shot in the shoulder?
Old 10-04-07, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Jamie to knocked out Merc: "Bitch"

I like this show. It's not perfect but it's entertaining.

One thing I kinda hate is the "Smallville-esque" cheesy sped up running sfx. I could swear they did it better in last week's show.

Was that woman on the building an agent too?

Anyone else notice the IDAHO plate on the Terrorist's Gas truck? I guess the show was making a point huh?

Last edited by Giantrobo; 10-04-07 at 12:58 AM.
Old 10-04-07, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by heavy liquid
Also, why was she fighting so stupidly against that guy in the store (with the girl in the town)? She fought WAY better against Starbuck in the previous week.
They explained that in the show. When she fought before it was a fighting routine (demo mode or something) that her programming recognized and new exactly how to respond to. Whereas when she was confronted with an unknown fight, she wasn't able to fight as well which is why that one guy wanted to train her further with fighting.
Old 10-04-07, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
They explained that in the show. When she fought before it was a fighting routine (demo mode or something) that her programming recognized and new exactly how to respond to. Whereas when she was confronted with an unknown fight, she wasn't able to fight as well which is why that one guy wanted to train her further with fighting.
Yep, he said they needed to go beyond that training. He also said the other girl was testing her abilities in the first fight.
Old 10-04-07, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
They explained that in the show. When she fought before it was a fighting routine (demo mode or something) that her programming recognized and
yeah but the point is most people who can't fight are going to just throw random bad form punches with their strongest arm.. No speed combos etc..

errr but if your arm could, oh I don't know maybe slug it's way past a brick wall, you could just randomly bitch slap someone and "win".. Never mind good form..

but that's sort of being nit picky with the show, they have to show some sort of arc for her I guess.. Show is not packing much "wow" factor for me these last few eps but over all I still like it. If nothing else I see potential enough for me to keep watching..
Old 10-04-07, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DeadLamb
yeah but the point is most people who can't fight are going to just throw random bad form punches with their strongest arm.. No speed combos etc..

errr but if your arm could, oh I don't know maybe slug it's way past a brick wall, you could just randomly bitch slap someone and "win".. Never mind good form..

but that's sort of being nit picky with the show, they have to show some sort of arc for her I guess.. Show is not packing much "wow" factor for me these last few eps but over all I still like it. If nothing else I see potential enough for me to keep watching..
But early in the fight didn't she try that and he shook the hits off? I thought for sure he was a Merc-bot or another Bionic person. Especially after that guy's comments about "Other Agencies".

But again, she is still evolving so one would expect she would have situations like this early on.
Old 10-04-07, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I agree:

1) Drop the home life - "I have to be home for dinner," and "I don't do weekends"
I'm glad to see that secret agencies are open to the idea of Flextime with their female agents who are raising kids

2) Some random Goon kicks her ass in the store, she could just go into "Demo" mode, or kick the dude with either of her bionic legs or bitch slap him with enough force to crush any bone in his body.

Did they take this plot from the rejected script from Jericho? I'm guessing that the bad guys are part of Ravenwood.
Old 10-04-07, 09:49 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Of course the best action sequence, after a stumble and slide that seemed deadly ... was Isaiah Washington landing on his feet.
Old 10-04-07, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is it just me or is there a major lack of charisma coming from the lead actress?
Old 10-04-07, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Second episode...and I'm finished with this show. Easily one of the worst shows this television season, if not television history. It's like they just took old unused Alias scripts, added cyborg parts, and removed any possible chances of entertainment. The actors might as well just be holding the scripts in their hands while the filming is going on, considering they are putting zero emotion or energy into their performances. Not that there would be much they could add to such garbage cliche writing.
Wow, this guy totally nailed it. Completely. I gave it two weeks. My time is worth much much more than this lackluster effort.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.