Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Bionic Woman -- "Paradise Lost" -- 10/03/07

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-07, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
What's funny to me about the sister's singing gig at school is that Lucy Hale (sister) nabbed a final spot on "American Juniors" about 4 years ago as American Idol decided to try and cash in on the pre-teeny-bopper demographic.
Old 10-05-07, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry if this is too off-topic Patman but what happend to the group on "Juniors?" Did they even release an album?
Old 10-05-07, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Oh Damn!
Old 10-05-07, 02:48 PM

I guess that answers my question. It just seemed that Fox let the whole thing go after the show ended. I guess they did make one CD. I also assume they went on some kind of tour.
Old 10-05-07, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DJariya
I get the sense that some people here are comparing this heavily to the old Bionic Woman and comparing Ryan to Lindsay Wagner.
I don't get that sense at all. In fact, I doubt many people around here even watched the original or remember it clearly if they did. If anything, people are going to compare it to Dark Angel, as that's clearly the kind of show it's trying to be. Criticism of the series, at least in this thread, seems solely related to it not being very good.

das
Old 10-05-07, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts
This was much better than the pilot, however it wasn't great. I'll either give it a week or two more, and/or wait until the first large break to see if they get me with some sort of cliffhanger.
Old 10-05-07, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts
If anything about the show needs to be changed, it's the horrid soundtrack.
Old 10-06-07, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I missed the pilot, but checked this episode out. It wasn't bad, so much as it was boring. That is not good.

I won't be back unless the show starts to get some good word of mouth later in the season.
Old 10-06-07, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Vipper II
If anything about the show needs to be changed, it's the horrid soundtrack.
Wow, Wilco gets a big thumbs up for me. Also, I pretty sure that red t-shirt that Jamie was wearing is a Wilco tee.
Old 10-06-07, 07:35 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
i enjoyed this episode, i'm keeping watching

i like action

plus there was some thong slippage
Old 10-07-07, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Okay I finally watched this last night and I liked it. It's got some good action and I like how the story is progressing so far. I'm definitely in for the long haul.

I can understand that alot of you aren't very patient with new shows and want an immediate payoff on alot of the storytelling. But, by no means is this a horrible show or the worst show ever as some of you have stated. I think that's being way too harsh and overreactive.

I like Michelle Ryan and I think it was smart to cast a relatively young and unknown actress for this part. How many of you knew who Tom Welling was 7 years ago when Smallville 1st started? She's only 24 and I see her growing as an actress.

I like Katee Sackhoff as Sarah Corvis as well. I never really found her attractive on BSG because I always thought they made her really tom boyish. But, I really like the extreme makeover on her for this series. I find her really sexy in this show.

The one thing I do agree on is the score and music selection has been pretty bad.
Old 10-09-07, 02:58 AM

It seems as if the writers are trying to imagine the way people might act in real life...and then they figure out the exact opposite thing to put in the script.

If you found out that you almost died and some scientists saved your life but couldn't save your unborn child, how would you react? "OMG! you turned me into robotic monster! I'm going to have to escape from what amounts to a hospital now. I'm sure I'll never mention that dead baby again though"

If your boyfriend/doctor who just saved your life calls you to tell you there might be some serious side effects after the operation even though he know you are mad at him, how do you respond? "OMG! Talk to the hand. If you think I'm going to pick up that phone, you've got another thing coming."

If your finance died and you found out he had been keeping a psychological profile on you since before you even met, how would you react? "OMG! Men are such pigs. I'm going to get shitfaced and bionic-fuck some dude in a filthy bathroom."

If your friend's finance died and you were meeting her for lunch the day after his funeral, how would you start the conversation? "OMG! I totally got into a prestigious school. Can you even believe it? What was her problem?"

If a person you've never met before approaches you in a bookstore and tells you that some bullshit self help book is really good, what is the first thing you say to this guy whom, to reiterate, is a perfect stranger? "OMG! my boyfriend just died"

If you found out that everyone in your town, including your grandparents died, how would you respond? "They were really nice to me, yet I can't even muster up an OMG."

I could go on and on. Every single scene is emotionally false. Maybe the show will improve, but Battlestar (nice distracting tv cameo by the way) is guilty of the exact same kind of writing and only seemed to get through its run.

Last edited by gfoots; 10-09-07 at 03:05 AM.
Old 10-09-07, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by IamHydrogen1
Wow, Wilco gets a big thumbs up for me. Also, I pretty sure that red t-shirt that Jamie was wearing is a Wilco tee.
Just because a song is good, doesn't necessarily make it appropriate to use it for a film score.
Old 10-09-07, 05:10 AM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
I liked this episode better than the pilot (less clunky dialog) and well enough to give it another week.
Old 10-10-07, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I finally watched this. It was sitting on my tivo for a week.
Didn't care for it. The dialogue is terrible and their attempts at humor seem false.
I didn't care for the plot line either.
The show is just too dry.
Old 10-12-07, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,496 Posts
Finally watched this too.

When I first saw the pilot at Comicon, I was excited. That was tempered a little when I rewatched the pilot on tv to see what changes they made. But I agree with the majority here, this episode just totally went off the rails.

I liked the pilot because it set the show up pretty well... who was this mysterious organization, what happened to the first bionic woman, who are these bad guys.

The second episode was much more plodding. Looks like they'll be taking out the terrorist of the week. No mention of the big bad guys. The boyfriend dies out of the blue, and boom, there goes one of the character dynamics I really liked. The mysterious "good guy" organization seems reduced to a low budget counter terrorist operation, that is so secret they have to lie about being in the Dept. of Agriculture? I know they have a budget, but that headquarters looked so much less impressive the second time I saw it... Jamie seemed to walk in off the street, and Sarah easily infiltrated them.

Even my wife found it hard to believe that she would be walking around the apartment and happen to stumble upon the hidden files on her. C'mon. Give me a bionic eye reveal or something. That also seems like a plotpoint that was thrust upon them in this episode, trying to setup the possibility that she was sought out as an agent for whatever reason, and killing most of the relationship development in the first episode.

The "dead" town seemed a bit low budget too. The government cleaned up the bodies, but why was there a car that looked like it had been blown up? What about the bodies and the animals strewn about? Girl just happens to be downstairs brushing her teeth and not notice that the government had come in and taken the bodies of her family? The government is "covering up" this incident by having the press cover it?

So before I waste more time, was episode 3 any better?