Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "Lizards" -- 10.01.2007

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-07, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
Was I the only one expecting Mr. Muggles to run off with Claire's toe? I think she just left it laying on the floor.

I am probably the only one, but I like the storyline with her and the boy. I like the idea of her getting to know someone like her. I wish though that it had been better established why he was suspicious of her having powers before he confirmed it. It would have been cooler if they had gotten to know each other and have them slowly discover this secret about each other. It seems a little rushed.

That's the first thing that went through my mind.

Well, besides "OUCH!"
Old 10-02-07, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by johnnysd
Why is Parkman acting like he does not know anyone? Hasn't he met all the main characters at one point and in the conclusion last year?
Who is he acting like he doesn't know? He and Ando obviously recognized each other. He told Nathan he knew him. I don't recall him ever meeting Ma Patrelli.
Old 10-02-07, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by Suprmallet
I agree with everyone about Maya/Alejandro. Pretty much all that has happened is: Maya cries. Worries her powers will hurt people. Alejandro says he won't let it happen. They get separated for thirty seconds. She kills people. He stops it. Rinse and repeat.
And given the fact that she kills people without her twin around, why did they cross the dirt road one at a time? Do South American roads collapse under the weight of three people? I didn't mind the repeat of her weird little power so much, since we at least got to see how her brother affects her power, but the silly setup was too much for me for some reason.

I liked the toe thing with Claire, although I probably would have started out my experimentation a bit lighter, like gently scrubbing the bottom of my feet with a pumice stone to see if a callus would come back. (Yes, I'm aware that callus regeneration isn't exactly good TV.)
Old 10-02-07, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I really hope the black ooze twins story is headed somewhere because it's just killing the momentum of these episodes.
It seemed obvious to me that Maya is going to be the one that takes down "the Boogeyman" as, last week, her power seemed to directly affect the eyes and he appears as floating eyes in Molly's drawings. This week the healer tells her she has the power to destroy the devil himself. Unless she's a red herring, they seem to be really laying down a pretty clear path to a confrontation between the two.

Last edited by Fanboy; 10-02-07 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-02-07, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone think it was Claude getting "revenge" on Ma Petrelli?
Old 10-02-07, 01:32 PM

Heroes, welcome to the sophomore slump.
Old 10-02-07, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
but aren't they ultimately going to the US to find the "doctor?"
Yeah, they're heading to New York... but maybe if they traveled a little further to Jersey they can speak to Dr. House, I'm sure he'd diagnose it faster than Mohinder.
Old 10-02-07, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Yikes, heroes is down 3 million from last week.

Anyways, I agree with everyone about the girl with the 'black oil' and her twin brother. Also does anyone believe that the swordsmith daughter actually believes the white guy was the one that rescued her?
Old 10-02-07, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by zuffy
Anyone think it was Claude getting "revenge" on Ma Petrelli?
That's what I was thinking, but not so sure...
Old 10-02-07, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Also does anyone believe that the swordsmith daughter actually believes the white guy was the one that rescued her?
Why wouldn't she? Season 1 won't air there for another 335 years or so.
Old 10-02-07, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
While granted I can see why everyone voicing this concern has a valid point, in reality wouldn't a high school junior be likely to have a little romance especially when they have the mutant ability thing in common? I doubt it is going to go the obscenely trite CW road of say a Gossip Girl or Hidden Palms, but avoiding any sort of storyline would be slightly negligently poor storytelling IMHO.
I was hoping maybe we would get away from high schools all together. I mean it was necessary in the first season to set up who Claire was but in the second episode into the second season, do we really need to watch her in Biology class? And is it really supposed to be a surprise that she can re-grow missing parts of her body? After being lit on fire, stabbed in the head, run over by a car, and having fallen from high heights, it doesn't shock me so much.
Old 10-02-07, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
they were crossing the border into mexico from guatamala.
Ugh, they have a whole 'nother country to go through before they meet up with the other heroes.
Old 10-02-07, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I still think it's doing great, I remember not being very pleased with the first 2 episodes of the first season, and in-fact I downright hated it, and spoke poorly of it to everyone I knew. It was only when it was on DVD/HD-DVD and the hype started growing when I gave it another chance, and I'm glad I did.
Old 10-02-07, 02:48 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Random Thoughts:

- The blunder twins are getting on my nerves. I hope they both die very soon, but I doubt that's going to happen.

- I cheered when Claire's toe grew back. I think Mr. Muggles gains an ability after he eats Claire's pinkie toe.

- Peter is slowly becoming the badass that we saw in the graphic novel last year and it's becoming more natural to use his powers when he needs them. Niki's strength, Claire's regeneration, DL's morphing, and the shitload of abilites from Silar are really going to pay off.

- I think Nathan trimmed his beard, but he still looks effing ridiculous. His head is unnaturally oversized due to the beard.

- I KNEW Hiro was the Legendary hero, but the regeneration at the end was a total shocker. My guess is that Hiro now coaches the white guy into the role, then gets to finally leave.
Old 10-02-07, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Fanboy
It seemed obvious to me that Maya is going to be the one that takes down "the Boogeyman" as, last week, her power seemed to directly affect the eyes and he appears as floating eyes in Molly's drawings. This week the healer tells her she has the power to destroy the devil himself. Unless she's a red herring, they seem to be really laying down a pretty clear path to a confrontation between the two.

Zuffy, who is Claude?

and my random thoughts and notes

*Krieg has said Claire's mother will be back for season 2.

*Did the invisible man actually die?

*Is "the company" related to Linderman/Hiro's dad/Ma Petrelli?

*The older generation "mutants" vs humans (the company?) (thus possibly the reason the older generation wanted the explosion to happen in NY?)

Last edited by mosquitobite; 10-02-07 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-02-07, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
She's got the black ooze from X-Files.
That's exactly what I thought. I was watching her and waiting for the ooze to crawl up that lady who was helping them.

Originally Posted by JasonF
This has got to be the only prime-time show that has dialogue in four different languages.
English, Japanese, Spanish, and... ???

Edited to add: OK, they were speaking French in Haiti, but c'mon, that was this one ep.

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Am i the only one that was thinking "JUST LOOK UP, STUPID!!!" during that?
Nope, me too. Drove me nuts, because if you were on the run from people trying to kill you and bad people with powers (Sylar), and you KNOW there are people out there who can hover and fly (her own dad), why would you not notice the dog looking up and look up yourself??
Old 10-02-07, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Originally Posted by shyguy1083
also, i'm pretty intrigued by the whole original dozen storyline (don't know if there's a name for the group?) with the murderer on the loose. i kinda wish they'd spend more time fleshing out the backstory and introducing the other members of the group, but i guess they're saving that for the whole season. maybe the group somehow "created" the boogeyman and he's the one that's targeting them?
Did anyone else notice that when the cops asked Ando what the symbol was on the photo of Hiro's dad, Ando said something about it being the symbol of Hiro's Dad's company? Or was that when Mrs. Patrelli was in the police station, and they asked her if she knew what the symbol was? It was also in the little girl's drawings, and now it's on Peter's necklace. If Hiro's Dad used it for his company, it must not be new, but now the boogeyman is using it to "mark" his victims? He HAS to be the one the little girl is so scared of.

Originally Posted by Shazam
The Peter plot went nowhere - sorry, I don't consider him beating up some goons to be plot advancement.
You saw him use a pass-through power to get through the ropes, and you saw him have a super-strength he hadn't previously had. I thought those were BOTH plot advancements: he was only around Nikki and her hubby for a few minutes before he exploded, and that was FOUR MONTHS prior. It really seemed like his ability to absorb other powers was much stronger this ep.
Old 10-02-07, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by shoppingbear
You saw him use a pass-through power to get through the ropes, and you saw him have a super-strength he hadn't previously had. I thought those were BOTH plot advancements: he was only around Nikki and her hubby for a few minutes before he exploded, and that was FOUR MONTHS prior. It really seemed like his ability to absorb other powers was much stronger this ep.
Not only all of that but apparently he doesn't have to actively remember the people he got the powers from to use them since, apparently, he can't remember them anyway.
Old 10-02-07, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mosquitobite

Zuffy, who is Claude?
The invisible guy that was training Peter to use his power in season 1.
Old 10-02-07, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by zuffy
The invisible guy that was training Peter to use his power in season 1.
Also know as Doctor Who's Christopher Eccleston.
Old 10-02-07, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
Also know as Doctor Who's Christopher Eccleston.
See, nobody picked up on my reference from post 28.
Old 10-02-07, 05:24 PM

What if Kensai end up being Claire (and Nikki) ancestor or something..... with the symbol and all?
Old 10-02-07, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
Was I the only one expecting Mr. Muggles to run off with Claire's toe? I think she just left it laying on the floor.

It would've been funny if it didn't grow back and Claire had to chase Mr Muggles around to get it back so she could reattach it.

But since it grew back, what happened to the severed toe? Will she just leave it lying around under the sofa, or will it grow into a second Claire?
Old 10-02-07, 06:32 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Two random thoughts:

Does anyone else think it's a little convenient that Mohinder and Claire's dad are just chatting away on cell phones about how they're going to take down the company? After Claire's dad got tricked by the shape shifter last season, you'd think he'd be more careful than to chat on the phone so brazenly.

Also, I'm really not looking forward to having Sylar back. He was a good villain for the first season, but I was so glad to see him die. My least favorite thing about comic books is when they bring people back from the dead, and here they're doing it with a character who's too powerful to actually be interesting. Hopefully they strip him of most of his stolen abilities or something.
Old 10-02-07, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
But since it grew back, what happened to the severed toe? Will she just leave it lying around under the sofa, or will it grow into a second Claire?
Ooh -- maybe it will grow into "bad Claire". If that happened, we really would have a comparable storyline to Ali Larter's season one arc.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.