Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 Season 6 was not that bad !

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-07, 03:23 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
24 Season 6 was not that bad !

I knocked it off in 2 and a half days. I was expecting something really bad having read everyone's opinion on the season. Sure it wasn't as good as the other seasons but it will still pretty entertaining. I guess watching it in one hit made it more pallatable then being drawn out, i could imagine the in between week long frustration at some of the episodes.

I know people were disappointed with the finale but for me the scenes between Jack and Heller at the end were awesome. Loved jack's line " you know how good i am at disappearing, you send someone after me, i'll kill them, i'm pretty good at that too"

Sure the whitehouse stuff was at times painful, but Tom Lennox was a good character. Didn't like the bauer family dramas. The killing of Feyed was my favourite scene, that was awesome and Doyle's 'Damm Jack' line was a classic

Im glad the only characters returning from this season are Bill Buchanan and Chloe. Audrey didn't look as hot this season.

I think Season 7 will be good
Old 09-27-07, 04:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Bad 24 is still pretty good television.

It was still the worst season of 24 by a wide margin.
Old 09-27-07, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Well, you came away with the same general impression as everyone else around here.

Heller is always great. Tom Lennox was the one bright spot of the season. And outside of the first four episodes, the episode where Jack takes out Fayed was the only other good episode of the season.

So out of 24 episodes they gave us 5 riveting hours of television. Hopefully season 7 will soar above that number.
Old 09-27-07, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I called a bad season as soon the season began. I didn't see what the hell was so special about the first four episodes that everyone was lauding around here. Anyway, I think I'll still watch this when I pick it up for around $20, whenever that is. Unless a major overhaul takes place this coming season (and I don't mean new characters and a new setting), I don't see myself devoting the time to the same tired concept yet again.
Old 09-27-07, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Season 6 was awful. 5 quality hours out of 24 does not make a good season.

While a dropoff was to be expected with the age of the series along with the insane number of deaths or exits of popular characters in the 5th season, I didn't think the writers would allow themselves to be this lazy.

Unfortunately I don't know if they have it in them to right this ship. We keep hearing about how the creative team knows they did a lousy job last year, but all I've seen so far is a 2-month delay to the start of production, some questionable casting decisions(Janeane Garafolo and Billy Walsh from Entourage), yet another President sitting in the Oval Office, plus the return of Tony Almeida which while exciting smacks of desperation.
Old 09-27-07, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I never even finished the season. I still have the last 2-3 episodes in my old Tivo. I totally forgot to watch them. I guess I was not that interested. I found it tedious to get the season.
Old 09-27-07, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
I never even finished the season. I still have the last 2-3 episodes in my old Tivo. I totally forgot to watch them. I guess I was not that interested. I found it tedious to get the season.
For the first time in 24 history, I found myself doing other things while the show was on.
Old 09-27-07, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Bad 24 is still better than 95 % of whats on television. The problem with the season is that they really reverted to alot of things they'd done in previous seasons.
Old 09-27-07, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
How in the world do you zip through these entire seasons so quickly???!
Old 09-27-07, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by starseed1981
Bad 24 is still better than 95 % of whats on television. The problem with the season is that they really reverted to alot of things they'd done in previous seasons.
with other shows (especially on cable) stepping it up now, bad 24 is bad TV, period.

When 24 first aired, most of network TV was garbage and cable shows were starting to really shine (Six Feet Under, The Shield, etc). So for 24's first few seasons, any flaws could easily be forgiven, because for the most part it was a damn good riveting show with little competition.

The problem with 24 last season is they clearly did not even a general outline of what their plot would be past maybe episode 5 or 6. The first 4 hours were fantastic culminating w/ the nuke going off. They had potential w/ Graham being introduced as Jack's brother but that went no where. Plus you barely had any mention of the nuke afterwards. The whole city of LA (and the US in general) would be going apeship if something like that happened. This was barely TOUCHED on.

For the first time since 24 aired, i'm not watching it this season. If reviews are solid when the season is done, i'll Netflix it. The plot for Season 7 sounds very dumb - and I just don't see the writers saving the show after dropping the ball this badly after the good season 5.
Old 09-27-07, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
They killed a potentially good storyline with Audrey supposedly being killed in China. IMO, they didn't need to hire Kim Raver again just because "The Nine" got canned. Bringing her back as a catatonic went nowhere.

You could also sense that they forced in the China storyline after Jack finished off Fayed. I guess they were really hurting for ideas at that point.
Old 09-27-07, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by JayDerek
The problem with 24 last season is they clearly did not even a general outline of what their plot would be past maybe episode 5 or 6. The first 4 hours were fantastic culminating w/ the nuke going off. They had potential w/ Graham being introduced as Jack's brother but that went no where. Plus you barely had any mention of the nuke afterwards. The whole city of LA (and the US in general) would be going apeship if something like that happened. This was barely TOUCHED on.
The city WAS going apesh-t. For about 20 minutes anyway. After that people had more important things to get back to like shopping for groceries, playing tennis, and hanging out at a bar.

Then again, previous seasons showed the city of LA not being fazed by nukes going off in the desert, biological weapons being unleashed on the general population, or Air Force One getting shot down. So maybe one square mile being wiped out by a suitcase nuke is small potatoes.
Old 09-27-07, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by TheKing
Bad 24 is still pretty good television.

It was still the worst season of 24 by a wide margin.
This sums it up perfectly. I'll be tuning in for Season 7, but this was the first season I wasn't anxiously awaiting the next episode. Just too many leaps.
Old 09-27-07, 10:24 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

All the good stuff in season 6 ... was ripped off from seasons 1-5.
Old 09-27-07, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JayDerek
with other shows (especially on cable) stepping it up now, bad 24 is bad TV, period.
I agree. I would easily skip 24 if I had to chose between it and Saving Grace, The Closer, Burn Notice or The Shield in a heartbeat after last season.
Old 09-27-07, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bad 24 is still better than 95 % of whats on television.
Maybe around season 4 or 5, I would have agreed with something like this... when the show was starting to suck, but was still watchable. Not after season 6. That was a new low. It pretty much killed my enthusiasm for the entire series.

I will give the next season a chance of course, but they are going to have to do a complete turnaround from Season 6.
Old 09-27-07, 05:11 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by PacMan2006
How in the world do you zip through these entire seasons so quickly???!
Only 18 hours, lol i have been on annual leave so it was easy
Old 09-27-07, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Maybe around season 4 or 5, I would have agreed with something like this... when the show was starting to suck, but was still watchable. Not after season 6. That was a new low. It pretty much killed my enthusiasm for the entire series.

I will give the next season a chance of course, but they are going to have to do a complete turnaround from Season 6.
You thought season 5 qualified as starting to suck? I thought it was the best yet.
Old 09-27-07, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The 5th season was incredible, the best IMO, Season 6 was just a complete letdown and seemed like an entirely different writing team came in and didn't know what they were doing.
Old 09-27-07, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Was this the season that had the guy who played Kumar as a terrorist?

If so, yeah it was pretty bad
Old 09-27-07, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by WallyOPD
You thought season 5 qualified as starting to suck? I thought it was the best yet.
It wasn't the worst, but it's not in my Top 3. The plot was way too outrageous, even for 24's standards. Each season they try and one-up the previous season and end up failing. That's why the simplicity and believability of the first season will always make it the best.
Old 09-28-07, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Doughboy
The city WAS going apesh-t. For about 20 minutes anyway. After that people had more important things to get back to like shopping for groceries, playing tennis, and hanging out at a bar.

Then again, previous seasons showed the city of LA not being fazed by nukes going off in the desert, biological weapons being unleashed on the general population, or Air Force One getting shot down. So maybe one square mile being wiped out by a suitcase nuke is small potatoes.
Yeah, the only good thing about Valencia is Six Flags, and there are more of those around...
Old 09-28-07, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by starseed1981
That statement is such a cliché. Everyone's using it in almost every shows threads and it simply cannot be true every time. There's a hell of a lot of great shows right now and bad 24 is just bad
Old 09-28-07, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
I absolutely hate that statement that 24 is better than most of the things on TV right now.

Regarding the writers of season 6.....It was the same crew as the previous seasons. Howard Gordon, Joel Surnow and his cousin, David Fury, Bob Cochran, Manny Coto and Evan Katz. I blame Surnow and his cousin for writing alot of crappy filler episodes this season and the Bauer family drama nonsense. Gordon wrote a great season premiere, but co-wrote alot of crappy filler episodes as well. David Fury was the one who wrote the "5th" episode that most people here enjoyed.
Old 09-28-07, 03:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by WallyOPD

That whole Lynn McGill crack-whore-sister, terrorists-buy-key-card-from-Craig's-List, Jack-Bauer's-hood-of-safety arc was that mind-blowing?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.