Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Private Practice -- Grey's Anatamoy spinoff -- S: Kate Walsh [MERGED]

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will die in tonight's Private Practice Season Finale?
Pete (Tim Daly)
0%
Naomi (Audra McDonald)
50.00%
Coop (Paul Adelstein)
0%
Charlotte (Kadee Strickland)
0%
Dell (Chris Lowell)
50.00%
Sam (Taye Diggs)
0%
Violet (Amy Brenneman)
0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Private Practice -- Grey's Anatamoy spinoff -- S: Kate Walsh [MERGED]

Old 10-12-07, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 204 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmy James
Do all the episode titles really begin with "In Which"?

A show is pretty bad when they have to spell out for you the plot they're going after. Yes, I'd lump Friends in there as well.
I just think this naming style used in this context is an insult to other media which handle "In Which..." better, for example, the comic Fables. Not in their titles, but in descriptions with which to entice the reader.

Just like how people used to go "WOW there's a book called Gray's Anatomy? Why is it so thick?!" People might have something along those lines to say about Fables if they read this after that. A stretch...but my two cents.

Last edited by bluetoast; 10-12-07 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-18-07, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Private Practice 10/17/07

Didn't see a thread for last night's episode...

I'm slowly warming to this show, but there's this dankness and low energy vibe to the show that keeps me at arm's distance.

We find out that Violet has a low ethical threshhold when it comes patient's confidentiality (even though she was egged on, her jealous and suspicious nature got the best of her).

Coop is still a somewhat creepy adult, but an effective children's doctor in some respects.

Naomi isn't all that interesting to me, and Sam is a little too in control to be interesting to watch.

Pete had a decent subplot with the older couple (there is such a thing as too much sex, I guess).

Addison is saddled with a cast of not-too-entertaining characters so far. I think they might need to boot someone off and bring in someone else to liven up the joint.

Last edited by Patman; 10-18-07 at 11:29 PM.
Old 10-18-07, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,549 Likes on 2,542 Posts
Your forgot to put the very unique episode title:

"In Which Addison Has a Very Casual Get-Together"
Old 10-18-07, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't really do titles.
Old 10-18-07, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts
I enjoyed seeing the girl from Spider-man and the Gay kid story was interesting, but other than that it was "background noise" episode. I barely watched.

So.... when this show is canceled can whatsherface come back to Grey's?

Last edited by Giantrobo; 10-21-07 at 04:36 AM.
Old 10-18-07, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk God

The episode titles for this show are ridiculous.
Old 10-18-07, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk God

The next episode:

"In Which Addison and company gets a full season"
Old 10-18-07, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
The next episode:

"In Which Addison and company gets a full season"
Eonline is reporting that ABC greenlite the back-9 this evening!
Old 10-18-07, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Patman
I don't really do titles.
Neither do the show's writers.
Old 10-19-07, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
So.... when this show is canceled can whatsherface come back to Grey's?
I believe she has a clause in her contract allowing her to return to Grey's in the event the show's canceled.

Hopefully Marti Noxon doesn't have a similar clause.
Old 10-19-07, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts
The show is just OK. I surprisingly like the chief at the hospital but other then that...
Old 10-19-07, 10:31 AM

David Sutcliffe is joining the show. I find him a bit annoying...
Old 10-20-07, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow! I REALLY enjoyed this episode. I am finally starting to warm to it, and I believe this has the potential to go the distance. This episode made me laugh, alot, and even tear up at the end.

The story with the gay kid made me sad. Yes, he is only 10 years old, and has a lifetime ahead of him. However, I know exactly how he feels. I'm 32 years old, and I've been where he's at. I've also been where Cooper is. So, I really relate to that story.

The storyline with the older couple was hilarious! Absolutely hilarious. I also adored Addison in this episode.

I'm actually excited for next week!
Old 10-24-07, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Private Practice--"In Which Addison finds a Showerhead"--10/24/07

I'm actually glad this has gotten a full season order. It's gotten alot better since the premiere.

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Addison can't stop thinking of Pete, despite being encouraged to channel her energies elsewhere; Allan, Violet's ex, visits the clinic, and Cooper is not happy to see him; and Naomi and Sam's daughter Maya seeks Addison's medical advice without telling her parents.
Old 10-31-07, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Private Practice-10/31/07: In Which Charlotte Goes Down the Rabbit Hole

Oh, wow! Spectacular episode. This show has gone beyond my expectations. It's funny how I started off disliking it, to now being in love with it.

I loved Cooper's case. I am glad that he stuck with his intuition. I'm also glad that Dell was able to help out, as well. This situation also opened Sam's eyes, a bit.

The case that Naomi and Addison has was so heartbreaking. I nearly cried in the end, when Addison said those words, which really ring so true, "A person gets to have their whole life". Those words are my new motto. Absolutely awesome!

Pete helping Charlotte get some sleep was great. Funny that Pete and Addison were referring to Charlotte as "it". LOFL. I loved, towards the end, when they were all standing around, watching her sleep, and Addison said, "It's like watching a sleeping lion!"

The end scene, when they were all together, and Addison, Naomi and Violet are all talking, was so great. It gave me the sense of family. I actually have come to care for these characters.

Next week it does not air, but, the week after is going to be amazing!
Spoiler:
Sara Gilbert as a crazed woman with a gun! I can't wait!

Last edited by MadonnasManOne; 10-31-07 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Does not air next week.
Old 11-01-07, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Surely I'm not the only one on DVDTalk.com to have watched this episode?
Old 11-01-07, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I watched it. I was not as enthusiastic about it as you were, but I do think the show is improving.

I liked the Huntington's disease subplot. I hadn't seen that actress since Close to Home got cancelled.
Old 11-01-07, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I watched it. I was not as enthusiastic about it as you were, but I do think the show is improving.

I liked the Huntington's disease subplot. I hadn't seen that actress since Close to Home got cancelled.
LOL. I guess the reason I'm so enthusiastic about it, is that I really, really, really disliked the show at the very beginning. I disliked the backdoor pilot, I disliked the fact that it was taking the character of Addison away from Grey's Anatomy, and I couldn't connect with the other characters. I'm surprised that I even gave the show a chance, when the series premiere aired. Then, something happened, either the second, or third episode, when the show just magically came to life for me, and it has improved greatly, since then.

Yes, that Huntington's disease subplot was very good. I really liked that Naomi and Addison worked together on the case, and of course, how Addison finally convinced the patient to tell the truth, and live her life.
Old 11-01-07, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I know, I really hated the show from the beginning too. I thought it was a bad idea to take one of the few likeable characters off Grey's Anatomy and spin her onto her own show.

I almost droppped the show after the first couple of episodes so it is good to finally see some improvement. I am not in love with it yet, but I will keep watching it for now.

I think the producers are lucky they had the GA tie-in because I think that gives them more breathing to tinker with the show for awhile and get it right. If this had been a brand-new series out of the gate, I don't think it would have lasted too many episodes before getting yanked. (In fact, it kind of reminds me of a quickly cancelled series from a few season ago called "Inconceivable.")
Old 11-01-07, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I think the show is still dull, plus their sets (offices) are dull and drab, too.
Old 11-01-07, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The show definitely grew on me...I HATED it a few weeks ago, now I'm entertained by it. This was a decent episode and I liked all the stuff with Charlotte.
Old 11-01-07, 04:23 PM

i missed last nights episode! did addison and tim daly (i forget his name) hook up?? i thought this show would be awesome, but its kinda just stumbling along--in my opinion.
Old 11-01-07, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by fernsita
i missed last nights episode! did addison and tim daly (i forget his name) hook up?? i thought this show would be awesome, but its kinda just stumbling along--in my opinion.
Watch it on ABC.com
Old 11-01-07, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts
Didn't I say the show would grow on somma uze people.

I thought the ep was ok. I like that Doctor from the Hospital they all seem to hate more than any of the Hippy Co-Op "Docs". She's far more interesting.

Meanwhile, I think they should tone down the music. I'm tired of the Artist Pimping and most of the time it's too distracting.
Old 11-03-07, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Didn't I say the show would grow on somma uze people.

I thought the ep was ok. I like that Doctor from the Hospital they all seem to hate more than any of the Hippy Co-Op "Docs". She's far more interesting.

Meanwhile, I think they should tone down the music. I'm tired of the Artist Pimping and most of the time it's too distracting.
Please, Grey's does it worse. Their obsession with Brits (Lily Allen in particular) and artists who bloggers think are cool is sad. Don't get me wrong, some of those artists I do listen to but it's getting a bit predictable. How did I know they were going to be putting Kate Nash as well?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.