Search this Thread

Old 08-14-07, 04:28 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Damages - "Tastes Like a Ho Ho" - 8/14/07

"Tastes Like a Ho Ho"
Spoiler:
Patty's team prepares Katie Connor for her deposition; Gregory is sitting on a piece of information that could be vital to the trial; an incident at work threatens David's relationship with Ellen.
Old 08-14-07, 10:43 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Nice twist with her using Katie to get them to pull their offer off the table.

With all the stuff that's already happened it's hard to believe we are only 4 episodes in.
Old 08-14-07, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Started off a bit slow, then the hour really picked up with Katie preparing for the deposition. Loved the twist.

Well-acted show, but the one thing that's starting to annoy me right now is Zeljko Ivanek's southern droll, especially with all the dialogue his "lawyer from the South" character is spewing.

Didn't see next week's previews...but I'm hoping David's death was not a result of Ellen learning of (what might turn out to be) him & hospital girl hooking up.
Old 08-15-07, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Loving the twists and turns of each episode of this show.
Old 08-15-07, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skatefan20
Started off a bit slow, then the hour really picked up with Katie preparing for the deposition. Loved the twist.

Well-acted show, but the one thing that's starting to annoy me right now is Zeljko Ivanek's southern droll, especially with all the dialogue his "lawyer from the South" character is spewing.

Didn't see next week's previews...but I'm hoping David's death was not a result of Ellen learning of (what might turn out to be) him & hospital girl hooking up.
Ah, I really like that.

Perhaps I was just tired and need to rewatch that episode, but why exactly did Hewes WANT Katie to be exposed as a liar at the deposition, already knowing that guy was at the ATM with the picture evidence? Looks from a previous post she wanted the offer withdrawn, but why? It looks like now they are turning to Gregory as the contact point (selling the stock), but it seems they could have just done that anyway.
Old 08-15-07, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If the offer is withdrawn, the plaintiffs won't press for a quick resolution, which buys Patty more time to look for more dirt on Frobisher.
Old 08-15-07, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
If the offer is withdrawn, the plaintiffs won't press for a quick resolution, which buys Patty more time to look for more dirt on Frobisher.
Thanks.... I guess I thought since they hadn't made reference to the plaintiffs quickly wanting to settle recently, I didn't think it was still a big issue. Also, they had to submit a brief to the judge on why their case shouldn't be dismissed.... I'm assuming the "new" information they provided in the brief would be a new witness (Katie) to link Frobisher to one of the advisors. If that's the case, the defense could go back to the judge and ask for another dismissal.
Old 08-15-07, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
Good episode but I didn't care for the hot chick out of nowhere who wants to fuck the guy who's spoken for. It's such a tired and unrealistic cliché

EDIT: Unless of course she's a plant by Patty or Frobisher.........

Last edited by Gunde; 08-15-07 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-15-07, 07:04 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
I'm hooked by this show, but as a trial lawyer some of the little things bother me - like when the court reporter kept saying "noted" when someone objected or said they would produce evidence later, as if she had anything to say about it. The very fact that she is there taking down everything everyone in the room says means that any objection or comment is "noted."
Old 08-16-07, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
With all the stuff that's already happened it's hard to believe we are only 4 episodes in.

I had the same thought.

Now I wonder how they can get by a dismissal when they don't have dick.
Old 08-16-07, 01:22 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
I had the same thought.

Now I wonder how they can get by a dismissal when they don't have dick.
As soon as Frobisher decreases the offer (which the Plaintiffs will reject), Hewes will come up with a "last minute" witness she's had in her back pocket all along.

Of course, as soon as the offer is decreased, the Plaintiffs have a malpractice claim against Hewes for failing to act on their directive to accept the $100M offer unless Hewes gets them at least $100M at trial or settlement.

Last edited by Bandoman; 08-16-07 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-18-07, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It was great seeing Hoon from Animal House in there! But who the hell was he? I figured the broker for Frobe but what was he doing at that guys house while that chick was fucked up? I didnt get their meeting at all.

Seeing Zeljko Ivanek is a trip cause I just saw him in X-Files playing a retard right before the show premiered. I had never seen him in anything else before.
Old 08-20-07, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Ravenous
It was great seeing Hoon from Animal House in there! But who the hell was he? I figured the broker for Frobe but what was he doing at that guys house while that chick was fucked up? I didnt get their meeting at all.
i am still trying to get my head around who he is...why would the broker be there? and if he is the broker then it seems like a big set up, but why would gregory set up katie? what purpose would she serve?! i love how this is leaving me hanging. cant wait for more details tomorrow night.