Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hell's Kitchen: What an bitter ^&$% Julia

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-07, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hell's Kitchen: What an bitter ^&$% Julia

The finale of Hell's Kitchen was highlighted by an extremely bitter Julia. She should definately lose the offer Gordon provided Julia to send her to culinary school. What a B%^$&. I can't believe someone would be so stupid to sabatage Bonnie in the Finale when she had a free ride to cooking school. I was a big fan of her's throughout the competition, but seriously think she should lose her schooling and go back to the Waffle House for being a bitter witch and costing Bonnie the job.
Old 08-13-07, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree 100%. Why be so bitter on TV? That is a job interview itself.
Old 08-13-07, 10:05 PM

Her bitterness didn't change the fact that Rock was the better choice. Boonie almost looked relieved that she didn't win, knowing she wouldn't be able to handle it more than likely.
Old 08-13-07, 10:30 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Does this really need it's own thread?

No.

But since I'm here... I agree with the OP! Grow up. So you lost. Who cares. Make the best of the rest of the show and put on a good performance.
Old 08-13-07, 10:35 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HunterTexas
...and costing Bonnie the job.
Short of Rock serving baby vomit from the bottom of the trash, there was no way Bonnie had a chance of winning (and even if he did serve that, it would have just been close). Julia, much like the rest of the universe, believed Bonnie shouldn't have been there.
Old 08-14-07, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I only watched the last few minutes to confirm that Rock won, but anytime a reality show shows someone sabotaging someone else, you just know that the producers are behind it. Why else would she do something like this knowing that all family, friends, and potential employers would see it?
Old 08-14-07, 07:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by movieking
I only watched the last few minutes to confirm that Rock won, but anytime a reality show shows someone sabotaging someone else, you just know that the producers are behind it. Why else would she do something like this knowing that all family, friends, and potential employers would see it?
It wasn't really sabotage. Julia said that she wanted Rock to win over Bonnie, then went through service unmotivated. When Bonnie yelled at her or told her to do things, Julia would snap back some attitude or snide remark at her. It wasn't "sabotage" so much as just a lack of respect for Bonnie.
Old 08-14-07, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I really like Julia, and I think she has every right to be bitter. Bonnie only made it to the finals because she's decent looking and she got lucky more often than not. Julia had a lot of heart - which is more than I can say about Bonnie - who didn't look at all disappointed that she lost. I know it's good to be gracious in defeat, but she didn't show an ounce of desire.
Old 08-14-07, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by WepaMan
Boonie almost looked relieved that she didn't win, knowing she wouldn't be able to handle it more than likely.
I noticed that too. I wouldn't have been all smiles like she was if I had lost. Either she was really good at hiding her anger or she new it was the best decision.
Old 08-14-07, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Bonnie deserved being in the final 2 as much as or more than anyone else. Julia was in way over her head and Ramseys offer for cooking school was her best case scenario in this competition. none of the other guys deserved to be in the final 2 either. Jen would be the next closest to be in the final 2 but she didnt have any leadership in her, just too timid. Bonnie was at least able to run the kitchen and had some knowledge to go with it.

Rock was the clear cut winner though.
Old 08-14-07, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

After watching Jen try to serve food that she threw in the garbage, would you really want to go eat her food?
Old 08-15-07, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I don’t think Bonnie deserved to be in the final 2 at all. It’s just that she managed not to f**k up as much as some of the other contestants. I’d be bitter too! Julia & Rock should have been in the final two, plain & simple.

Bonnie would’ve cried all of the time & her extreme mood swings would have gotten her fired from the restaurant in Las Vegas.

I’m sure as hell glad that Jen didn’t make it into the final two. I don’t want to be eating f**king food that’s been in the garbage can & just rinsed off with water.
Old 08-15-07, 05:22 PM

They did the same thing last season. The second placed finisher (can not remember her name right now) did not deserve to be in the final two as well. She got by on her looks and not sucking as bad as somebody else each week.
Old 08-15-07, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kenage
They did the same thing last season. The second placed finisher (can not remember her name right now) did not deserve to be in the final two as well. She got by on her looks and not sucking as bad as somebody else each week.
It was less Virginia's looks than something else...

Old 08-15-07, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
And she cooks, too? Dayum!
Old 08-15-07, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^

I like the third picture where she's admiring her ample cans!
Old 08-15-07, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
And she cooks, too?
Not really.

Add in that she also aggressively flirted with Gordon (despite being a newlywed) and that she had to BRIBE her exiled contestants into working with her on the finale (with some of the possible prize money), and she may well be one of the worst contestants on the show. But as is the case with HK in any season, it's another way of saying that she was slightly more retarded than the others.

Last edited by GreenVulture; 08-15-07 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-15-07, 09:04 PM
ATX

how'd this turn into a Virginia thread (nice pics btw)

anyways, yeah Julia was one bitter bitch...i mean it's a damn tv show

did she actually think that she (someone who cooks waffles, eggs, grits, bacon and biscuits to folks) would win her own restaurant, LOL

i mean Gorden offered to send her and pay for culinary school

wtf else does she want?
Old 08-15-07, 09:58 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

screw you julia! goodbye!

hello again virginia. we missed your cans.
Old 08-16-07, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Who has the bigger cans: Virginia or Melissa?
Old 08-16-07, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Who has the bigger cans: Virginia or Melissa?
Virginia. As an added bonus, Virginia doesn't have whiskers on her chin!