DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Arrested Development coming back? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/508700-arrested-development-coming-back.html)

JPRaup 08-09-07 05:58 PM

Arrested Development coming back?

I know this interview is a joke, but watch the last 15 or so seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEBA7k70w7Q

If AD DVD sales are great and Superbad does well Cera says there is a chance!

:( I can taste the sad though

Deftones 08-09-07 06:51 PM

Michael Cera is the right amount of weird and awkward. :lol:

I think it's all a setup. I would love for AD to come back, but I don't think it'll ever happen.

JPRaup 08-09-07 07:06 PM

yeah I know Hurwitz said it wouldn't in an interview. It would complete my life if it did.

I was watching it today and died laughing for about 10 minutes from this quote in the pilot episode:

Enrique: It was really your brother we were interested in. I mean, you don’t even have any references.

G.O.B. (lets bird and smoke out): Is that enough of a reference for you?

Lateralus 08-09-07 08:30 PM

rotfl "what the fuck man!?!"

chase3001 08-09-07 10:53 PM

As much as I would love for this show to come back, I could never get my hopes up like that.

"Yeah, the guy wearing the $4,000 suit is holding the elevator for the guy who doesn't make that in four months. Come on.'

rfduncan 08-10-07 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by JPRaup
If AD DVD sales are great and Superbad does well Cera says there is a chance!

Okay I love the show too, but why would anyone want it to come back? I thought the finale was absolute genius and entirely appropriate. I mean it wasn't like the show got cancelled without a chance to wrap things up. Time to move on people! (Especially since bringing it back would end with a second more painful heartbreak when it gets cancelled AGAIN.)

CreamyGoodness 08-10-07 09:44 AM

Well....

How about this?

I think a Christmas special would be fun. And maybe by then someone in the family will have ACTUALLY seen a chicken.....

Ronnie Dobbs 08-10-07 10:04 AM

The interviewer is Edgar Wright who did "Hot Fuzz" and "Shaun of the Dead" but i doubt AD will be back Jason Bateman and Will Arnett have enough movies lined up for a couple of years.

nateman 08-10-07 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs
The interviewer is Edgar Wright who did "Hot Fuzz" and "Shaun of the Dead" but i doubt AD will be back Jason Bateman and Will Arnett have enough movies lined up for a couple of years.

Yeah but most of Jason Bateman's movies have tanked (ie. The EX) at the Box Office so I don't know how long his film career is going too last. He has the same film career as Zach Braff pretty much. At least they are/were on high quality comedies. Will Arnett will never get a huge role in anything but he'll make his money.

I'd rather have Arrested Development back on TV due to strong DVD sales rather then Family Guy, which is god awful.

RichC2 08-10-07 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by nateman241
Yeah but most of Jason Bateman's movies have tanked (ie. The EX) at the Box Office so I don't know how long his film career is going too last. He has the same film career as Zach Braff pretty much. At least they are/were on high quality comedies. Will Arnett will never get a huge role in anything but he'll make his money.

I'd rather have Arrested Development back on TV due to strong DVD sales rather then Family Guy, which is god awful.

You can't go a thread without bashing Family Guy, can you? (I love both).

Will Arnett will be a supporting actor in a lot of comedies that do moderate to good business and Bateman will probably turn to more serious roles (he was the best thing in The Ex. He plays an asshole really well.)

uteotw 08-10-07 11:23 AM

Despite the very misleading thread topic line, that was one of the funniest things I've seen since Andy Kaufman...

RichC2 08-10-07 12:14 PM

And yeah, that interview was great. I love how much fun the guys seem to be having with promoting the flick ( Cera in the Knocked Up role, this, etc; )

RKillgore 08-10-07 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by nateman241

Originally Posted by RichC2
You can't go a thread without bashing Family Guy, can you?

Don't forget nateman241 also has to praise Scrubs at every opportunity. Case in point.

But, speaking of Arrested Development and Scrubs, I'd still like to see the proposed appearance of Tobias Fünke. It could reveal JD's secret double life as a Girls With Low Self Esteem producer.

RichC2 08-10-07 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by RKillgore
But, speaking of Arrested Development and Scrubs, I'd still like to see the proposed appearance of Tobias Fünke. It could reveal JD's secret double life as a Girls With Low Self Esteem producer.

That would rule to no end.

nateman 08-11-07 09:14 AM

RichC2
You can't go a thread without bashing Family Guy, can you? (I love both).

RKillgore
Don't forget nateman241 also has to praise Scrubs at every opportunity. Case in point.
At least I'm consistent. :)

MechanicalMan 08-12-07 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by RKillgore
Don't forget nateman241 also has to praise Scrubs at every opportunity.

I can't take that shit anymore. I just put him in my ignore list.

nateman 08-12-07 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by MechanicalMan
I can't take that shit anymore. I just put him in my ignore list.

Don't worry I've toned it down quite a bit cause I'm sick of people bitching.

Aphex Twin 06-01-08 08:06 PM

You can own a part of Arrested Development history: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300230003289

calhoun07 06-01-08 10:47 PM

Apparently you get Tobias in a bed if you win this as well. Not sure if that would be "winning" in my book if I got this.

invisiblegt 06-01-08 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by calhoun07
Apparently you get Tobias in a bed if you win this as well. Not sure if that would be "winning" in my book if I got this.

Why? It's not like he's naked under those sheets...

ytrez 06-02-08 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by invisiblegt
Why? It's not like he's naked under those sheets...

Of course he isn't. He's a nevernude, remember.

Snowmaker 06-02-08 11:59 AM

Its be great if it had a few blue handprints on some of it.

invisiblegt 06-02-08 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by ytrez
Of course he isn't. He's a nevernude, remember.

That was my joke. That there was nothing to be afraid of, seeing as he's wearing a tiny pair of cut-off jean shorts under there.

Aphex Twin 06-02-08 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by invisiblegt
That was my joke. That there was nothing to be afraid of, seeing as he's wearing a tiny pair of cut-off jean shorts under there.

You'd still feel his boner. He could dry hump you.