DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Rescue Me - "Solo" - 8/08/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/508553-rescue-me-solo-8-08-07-a.html)

MrX 08-08-07 04:55 PM

Rescue Me - "Solo" - 8/08/07

"Solo"
Spoiler:
Janet plans revenge when she learns Tommy gave her baby to Sheila; Franco questions his marriage proposal to Natalie; Tommy faces his ghosts.

aryedl 08-08-07 10:39 PM

re:

Blatantly anti-semitic and boring. Only redeeming quality was Gina Gershon

onebyone 08-08-07 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by aryedl

But isn't that enough?

phantom_azazel 08-08-07 11:15 PM

like 24s season 6 i dont even look forward to this show anymore

MrX 08-08-07 11:19 PM

Other than Tommy's call to drunk Lou this was another bland episode.

Why the fuck is Franco's personal life getting the second most amount of screen time this season?

sb5 08-08-07 11:28 PM

Only redeeming quality was Gina Gershon

Gee, I wonder if she's going to play a hot, highly sexual woman who inexplicably finds Tommy irresistible and throws herself at him, but he doesn't want her/can't get it up?

Heat 08-08-07 11:49 PM

How many episodes will there be this season?

MrX 08-08-07 11:54 PM

13, tonight was episode 8

lordzeppelin 08-09-07 12:02 AM

Uh, how was it Anti-Semetic? If you think that's Anti-Semetic then you must also think the show is Anti-Irish, Anti-Black, Anti-Catholic, Anti-Women, Anti-Italian, and Anti-just about everything...A bit overly sensitive, eh?

I don't quite understand why everyone is slamming the show this season...it's pretty good. I guess the first 2 seasons set the bar pretty damn high for some people.

And damn do I love Gina Gershon...

TGM 08-09-07 06:10 AM

Look on the bright side... "It's Always Sunny..." is coming back soon!

Derrich 08-09-07 06:33 AM

So does Denis Leary just make a list of actresses he wants to sleep with and then a plot is written around it? This show is becoming more and more like a 15 year old boys fantasy with each episode.

D

CreamyGoodness 08-09-07 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Derrich
So does Denis Leary just make a list of actresses he wants to sleep with and then a plot is written around it? This show is becoming more and more like a 15 year old boys fantasy with each episode.

D

I don't know. When I was 15, I didn't have visions of, back-from-the-dead, family and friends setting themselves on fire and screaming in agony.

When I first caught sight of Gina Gershon, I was like, what is this? 'The Job'?

spainlinx0 08-09-07 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Derrich

D

With the ending cut on his hand I started to think "as if he doesn't have enough of a God complex, let's throw in some stigmata."

This show is going nowhere, and it's taking it's time getting there.

boogieman03 08-09-07 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by phantom_azazel
like 24s season 6 i dont even look forward to this show anymore

Yea, I realized that during this episode. I'm no longer looking forward to watching this show.

DVD Josh 08-09-07 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by spainlinx0

This show is going nowhere, and it's taking it's time getting there.

At first I didn't believe the story the actor that played Jerry told about Leary. Now I'm convinced he's telling the truth. Flat out, this season takes donkey balls, puts the donkey balls in its mouth, caresses the donkey balls with its tongue and then kisses it's mother.

Please bring back the Rescue Me I used to love. My wife is convinced this is all a "slow burn" to a blazing end to the season, but I'm not so sure anymore.

starseed1981 08-09-07 08:35 AM

Ah, the mediocrity of this season continues! Bland episode IMO. And does Pro-B now have the hots for Garretty or am I missing something?

Derrich 08-09-07 09:07 AM

So I'm on a date with a girl. An even hotter girl can't take her eyes off of me. My spidey sense tingles and I run around the corner to save someone from a burning building. Return to lunch date. Hot girl stuffs her number in my pocket in front of the girl Im on a date with. I never even notice the gaping wound in my hand, 'cause Im so cool.

That sounds exactly like fantasies I had at 15.
D

Deftones 08-09-07 11:52 AM

Amy Sedaris. :lol:

I will agree this season has basically sucked ass.

BMAG 08-09-07 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by lordzeppelin
Uh, how was it Anti-Semetic? If you think that's Anti-Semetic then you must also think the show is Anti-Irish, Anti-Black, Anti-Catholic, Anti-Women, Anti-Italian, and Anti-just about everything...A bit overly sensitive, eh?

I don't quite understand why everyone is slamming the show this season...it's pretty good. I guess the first 2 seasons set the bar pretty damn high for some people.

And damn do I love Gina Gershon...

Plus, Gina Gershon is Jewish.

lotsofdvds 08-09-07 10:38 PM

Wow, I just don't get the hate...

CreamyGoodness 08-10-07 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
Wow, I just don't get the hate...

:hscratch: .... :shrug:

stingermck 08-13-07 08:14 AM

Caught it last night. Agree with others, this season continues to slide. And now Tommy gets a stigmata. How can he be the second coming, if he cant even get it up? :rimshot:

Patman 08-13-07 09:53 AM

Priority-wise, I used to watch this show within a day of airing, but nowadays, it gets relegated to weekend catch-up viewings.

I did enjoy watching Janet run over Tommy, but the direction in that scene was horrible.

mdc3000 08-13-07 10:02 AM

I'm like you guys, I started to realize I don't even look forward to Rescue Me anymore...I watch it, but it feels like a chore. Probie and Sean are the best part of the show now, and they aren't even getting a lot of screen time. The Tommy/Janet/Baby stuff is yawn inducing, and the visions/ghosts/book shit is starting to get to me big time... Other than 24 I can't think of another show that has lost it's way so quickly (I thought season 3 of RM was great)... I really hope it picks up in the last few, or here's to hoping Season 5 they get back to basics...

Joeboo835 08-13-07 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
At first I didn't believe the story the actor that played Jerry told about Leary. Now I'm convinced he's telling the truth.

what was the story? i missed that.