DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   LA Ink (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/508499-la-ink.html)

IMRICKJAMES 08-08-07 03:56 AM

LA Ink

Anyone catch the premiere?

I don't think its going to be as good as Miami Ink, but it could be alright.

It is kind of interesting seeing the whole process of designing and building the shop, also Kat Von D going around trying to hire other artists.

It's kind of weird. I wouldn't say I was anti-tattoo but I wasn't really interested in tattoos until the first episode of Miami Ink. I dont have any and probably wont ever. I watched it just cause nothing else was on, but it changed my opinion. It's really interesting when they have the segments on Miami Ink of Darren, Ami, Garver or Nunez talking about different facets of tattooing. A lot of the stories behind peoples tattoos are cool. I knew before you had to be artistic to tattoo, but not to this extent...some of the pieces are just such works of art really.

For now, I'll keep watching LA Ink to give it more than just the first episode. Gotta watch at least a couple episodes with the shop up and running.

Giantrobo 08-08-07 04:26 AM

I probably won't watch the show but that Kat Von D chick,tats and all, is smokin' hot. :drool:

IMRICKJAMES 08-08-07 05:09 AM

definitely

Ive only ever thought two girls with a lot of tattoos were hot, the first was Masuimi Max, and now theres Kat

SmackDaddy 08-08-07 07:26 AM

I wonder how much of the bill (for the new shop) TLC is footing?? Was she riding everywhere in a limo??

I thought it was ok, but too much of it seemed staged (her asking people to come work for her).

I though it was ok so I'll give it a couple of more viewings, but I hope it offers something different than Miami Ink. Otherwise, why have two identical tattoo shows??

Oh, and I agree...Kat gives me the -other-

aktick 08-08-07 08:18 AM

It was ok, but Kat's too much of a bitch to me. I'll watch it once in a while, but I definitely prefer the Miami Ink gang.

FantasticVSDoom 08-08-07 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
but that Kat Von D chick,tats and all, is smokin' hot. :drool:

Only reason for me to watch, and have it set for my DVR because of it... Definitely need more bikini shots like last night.

dpz301 08-08-07 09:19 PM

i will probably continue to watch it. like what i saw of the episode before i feel asleep.

whitetigeress 08-18-07 03:49 PM

I really liked the first episode. I stopped watching Miami Ink, Ami is such an ass. Kat is quite beautiful.

madcougar 08-18-07 11:30 PM

I think that both Ami and Kat are asses. And both are quite beautiful. It's a mystery.

Big Boy Laroux 08-19-07 08:41 AM

fnally caught an episode of this.

While Kat's tattoos are still damn hot, she has lost waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much weight.

dpz301 08-19-07 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux

While Kat's tattoos are still damn hot, she has lost waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much weight.

she did lose alot of weight. hopefully she doesn't turn into amy winehouse, haha.

nateman 08-19-07 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux

Finally someone else has noticed that. TLC probably made her lose the wait or she wouldn’t get her own ‘Ink’ series. Talk about The Learning Channel; lesson #156 ‘if you want a TV show, lose a lot of weight’.

I don’t think Ami is an ass, he just tell’s it, like it is. Kat on the other hand is a real a**hole, all that sh*t she was saying about Miami Ink was awfully bitchy.

Miami Ink has nicer people & better artists in my opinion. Does anyone know when new episodes of Miami Ink return? LA Ink is just boring.

TimeandTide 08-19-07 10:48 AM

I'm watching for now.

The guy, Corey, is the owner of Six Geet Under Tattoo in Upland, CA, which is just down the road from me. Hugely popular place in CA's Inland Empire.

And Kat is smokin' hot.

spammied 08-19-07 11:04 AM

I pulled up the TLC website to see when Miami Ink is returning. Looks like there's a marathon on Aug 26, I believe around 1 pm.
Now, I only saw a few episodes of Miami Ink, so I don't know what the fighting between Ami and Kat was about? Anytime I saw Ami, he seemed really nice, so did the other guys. The work they do is fantastic. Kat does amazing portrait tattoos. So what was the fighting about?
As for Kat's weight loss, guess I'll have to rent the dvds and see what she looked like before.

duluthdemon 08-19-07 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by nateman241
TLC probably made her lose the wait or she wouldn’t get her own ‘Ink’ series.

Probably?

NORML54601 08-19-07 02:24 PM

Kat is hot but she sure didn't come across as very smart in the premier.

madcougar 08-19-07 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by NORML54601

What's your point? If I want to see smart people, I'll watch "The Universe" on History Channel.

grenier 08-19-07 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by NORML54601

She never comes across as very smart, she sounds like she's stoned all the time. Not that there's anything wrong with dumb, hot chicks.

madcougar 08-19-07 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by grenier
She never comes across as very smart, she sounds like she's stoned all the time. Not that there's anything wrong with dumb, hot chicks.

That's what I'm saying!

Big Boy Laroux 08-19-07 09:20 PM

i wonder if it was TLC prompting her to lose weight, or just seeing herself on TV.

She was not big by any means (she was much hotter before the weight loss), but people have weird reactions to how they look on TV, and people with a healthy body image before being on TV become weight-obsessed after.

C-Mart 08-20-07 06:37 PM

The music pastor at our church is one of the customers on the show. I haven't watched, but his name is Carlos... has he been on yet?

SPiRAL 08-21-07 12:12 PM

There's a mini marathon tonight, for those who need to play catch-up like I do.

FantasticVSDoom 08-21-07 08:43 PM

Ok, Im thinking Pixie is the new hottest one on the show now...

SmackDaddy 08-22-07 07:58 AM

Is it just me or is LA Ink seem way too staged/scripted (moreso than most "reality" shows)?? I agree with others in this thread that Miami Ink is much more pleasant to watch.

Oh, and if the previews for next week are right
Spoiler:
Kat get's implants???? Talk about conforming to the typical LA vapid chick stereotype!

nateman 08-22-07 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by SmackDaddy
Is it just me or is LA Ink seem way too staged/scripted (moreso than most "reality" shows)?? I agree with others in this thread that Miami Ink is much more pleasant to watch.

Oh, and if the previews for next week are right
Spoiler:
Kat get's implants???? Talk about conforming to the typical LA vapid chick stereotype!

Spoiler:
Yeah, I don’t understand that either. I thought she didn’t like woman who are ‘fake’.

Anyways, I watched the third episode of the series last night & I was just getting bored. Corey seems like a nice guy but the rest of them are crazy. Can't wait ti'll Miami Ink returns.