Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Pick Up Artist:VH1 Show

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Pick Up Artist:VH1 Show

Old 09-20-07, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yep, the jerk aka asshole usually ends up getting the girl, because subsconciously the girl is attracted to it, then he breaks her heart, gets jaded, and then falls for an asshole again...
Old 09-21-07, 12:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Blaster1
yep, the jerk aka asshole usually ends up getting the girl, because subsconciously the girl is attracted to it, then he breaks her heart, gets jaded, and then falls for an asshole again...
The movie HANGIN' WITH THE HOMEBOYS explains this perfectly.
Old 09-21-07, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Really enjoying this show... I'm surprised Pradeep made it as far as he did and I'm glad he's gone... Now that there's only 2 left, we're only up to Episode 8... is this season only 8 episodes or will there be more challenges after?
Old 09-21-07, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yep, only 8 episodes. Final episode has Brady and Kosmo trying to train two "losers" they find on the street...That is their final test...
Old 09-21-07, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Final episode has Brady and Kosmo trying to train two "losers" they find on the street....
Let me guess, the street outside the William Morris Agency, and the guys turn out to be good looking and toned, but just kinda shy.
Old 09-21-07, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 370 Likes on 299 Posts
I figured Kosmo was an actor from day one. I mean, his name is f'ing Kosmo and he's not horrible looking like the rest of the group. He can't get a girl because he's "too hyper"... wtf does that mean? The show is a total scam but fun to watch.
Old 09-21-07, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

He actually acted like he just came up with that name in episode 2 or 3, when in the demo reel on the website I posted, it shows he has been using it for a long time...Brady has a total model look to him. Why again did this guy have problems? The only ones I really bought on this show as "nerds" were Scott and Spoon. On the vh1 website it says Kosmo is a videogame programmer...right......
Old 09-21-07, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't even really care that much if some of the contestants are just pretending to be nerds.

I really just like to watch the hidden camera field tests. They don't look staged at all.
Old 09-22-07, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by wm lopez
I'm sure many of us have seen jerks always getting the pretty girls.
No, I've seen jerks get the pretty girls. I've also landed in the dreaded "friend zone" by not making the right moves. I'm just saying the routines Mystery and the other guys use are lame and stupid.
Old 09-23-07, 10:56 AM
Banned

Well, if it's lame & stupid it's gonna work on girls.
That's why girls stay with guys that beat them and other stuff.
Cause they are stupid.
At least the hot ones.
Old 09-23-07, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
I agree that Mystery is goofy looking and some of his methods are kinda lame, but I think the real point of the show and how to pick up women is that you need to be confident and outgoing. That is exactly what Mystery is. He doesn't care who he talks to or how he talks to them. The point is: he's TALKING to them.

The hardest part for "average joes" like most of us on this board is seeing a beautiful girl and actually having the confidence to talk to her and come up with material to keep her interested.

I think the show is fun to watch even if half the guys are actors. I just wish it wasn't a "Survivor" type show and more of a "Biggest Loser" where all the guys stayed on. Maybe it wouldn't make for as good of drama though.
Old 09-24-07, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs
its got to be scripted. my girlfriend was saying that Mystery just seems like another LA douchebag and the girls that fall for his lines have to be retarded.
That's the feeling I got after watching about 10 minutes of this guy. He's a total cheese ball. The only gals who would fall for him are bubble heads.
Old 09-24-07, 04:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
That's the feeling I got after watching about 10 minutes of this guy. He's a total cheese ball. The only gals who would fall for him are bubble heads.
Better to be with a bubblehead on a Saturday night than to be at home playing PLAYSTATION.
Old 09-24-07, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Well call me a bubblehead because for whatever reason I'm drawn to this dude, although I argued about his methods, that was before I saw him in action. Mystery, with his fuzzy hat and stupid goggles...is somehow very attractive and I started digging his cheeseball methods and vocabulary.

Sadly, I want this man. I am ashamed, but I'm being honest.
Old 09-24-07, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It'd actually be really funny if this host guy got accused of rape or something along those lines, since he seems to think he's "the master" at picking up women.
Old 09-24-07, 10:29 PM

I would love to see the woman that is hip to his game, gorgeous and immune to his mack abilities. I'm sure he'd have a breakdown.
Old 09-24-07, 11:29 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by iggystar
I would love to see the woman that is hip to his game, gorgeous and immune to his mack abilities. I'm sure he'd have a breakdown.
Even he gets rejected. It wouldn't bother him.
Old 09-24-07, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by iggystar
Well call me a bubblehead because for whatever reason I'm drawn to this dude, although I argued about his methods, that was before I saw him in action. Mystery, with his fuzzy hat and stupid goggles...is somehow very attractive and I started digging his cheeseball methods and vocabulary.

Sadly, I want this man. I am ashamed, but I'm being honest.
You're NOT serious???!!???
Old 09-25-07, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Slayer2005
Even he gets rejected.
No way, seriously?

I wouldn't be surprised if he got rejected almost as often as some of the guys on the show. It's hard not to laugh when you see him in his get up.
Old 09-25-07, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

what was up with the last episode of this? the show was only like a third of the screen and it had this huge virgin mobile text message thing taking up the whole screen?
Old 09-25-07, 02:39 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Seantn
No way, seriously?

I wouldn't be surprised if he got rejected almost as often as some of the guys on the show. It's hard not to laugh when you see him in his get up.

Peacock theory. Whee interesting shit that makes you stand out and a girl can comment on an interesting item and it creates something....like...I dunno.....Mystery?
Old 09-25-07, 10:42 AM
Banned

Give Mystery his props!
Guys no hitter ever hit .1000 in baseball.
And Mary Tyler-Moore turned down Elvis's advances so there.
Too many bitter playstation, stay at home Saturday nighters hating when they should be taking notes!
Old 09-25-07, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 370 Likes on 299 Posts
It's all about sales. The more you try to sell, the more you'll strike a sale. Nobody hits 1.000 in life or sales, but the more you try the more you succeed.

Myster isn't the douchebag on this show -- it's those f'ing posers J-Dog and Matador --- J-Dog (come on, say it) J-Dog.... are you f'ing kidding me???

One thing I do agree with is the the theory of back-handed compliments. Too many beautiful women know they're hot and hear it all the time. Sometimes they need to be told that their nails are nice - even though they're fake.
Old 09-25-07, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wm lopez
Better to be with a bubblehead on a Saturday night than to be at home playing PLAYSTATION.
I don't sit at home on a Saturday night playing PLAYSTATION. I don't even own one. You seem to think that anyone who thinks this guy is cheesy is a lonely nerd.
Old 09-27-07, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by big whoppa
You're NOT serious???!!???
Very sadly I'm not.

Trust me, this is disturbing enough to warrant an intervention from my friends.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.