Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lipstick Jungle - pilot episode

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-07, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Lipstick Jungle - pilot episode

It stars Brooke Shields, Kim Raver, and Lindsay Price as three successful business women who aren't as successful on the homefront. Can they have it all? At the onset, it appears not...yet.

It's pretty much a chick show, and I doubt I'll tune in for future episodes.
Old 08-01-07, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
I heard this pilot is being re-shot entirely since they replaced a couple of Executive Producers/Writers and one of the characters is being re-casted.
Old 08-01-07, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, Lindsay Price is the weak link, but she's also the younger looking of the 3 main characters, so not sure if her character is being recasted, or if it's Kim Raver's character. Either way, it does have that "Sex and the City" feel to it, but not as entertaining for the pilot (which, I guess, validates a re-shoot for the pilot).
Old 08-01-07, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
I believe the 3 leads are still remaining with the show. NBC/Universal said they were taking the show in a "new creative direction." Hence the Producers being replaced and I think it was Brooke Shields husband being re-casted.

It's going to be interesting about Kim Raver since she's pregnant and production of the show begins in late Fall.
Old 08-01-07, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I watched the pilot w/ a friend the other night and its definately our favorite new show of the season. I really enjoyed Lindsey Price and Brooke Shield's characters as well as performances.

There was just something about the pilot that definately makes me think this might be a very worth successor to the shows I lost last season. Although the cliffhangerish ending was kinda weird...
Old 08-01-07, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Patman
It stars Brooke Shields, Kim Raver, and Lindsay Price as three successful business women who aren't as successful on the homefront. Can they have it all? At the onset, it appears not...yet.

It's pretty much a chick show, and I doubt I'll tune in for future episodes.
So was Sex in the City but that didn't stop making funny.
Funny how people always say Chick shows or Chick flicks when guys would probably like it too if given the chance.
I'll give it a try.