Reload this Page >

Who Wants to be a Superhero? Season 2

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 07-27-07, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While not exactly the high point in Stan Lee's career, this show just entertains me in it's ultra-cheesiness. You can't take it the least bit serious.

Apparently, few of the new heroes watched last season as there's always a twist to what's going on and they missed many of them.

An interesting group of characters: To me, it seems like Hygena = this year's Fat Mama and The Defuser = this year's Major Victory.

You'd think being a multi-millionaire, Mr. Mitzvah would have a movie quality costume.
Old 07-27-07, 07:53 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
tivo'd but have yet to watch...
Old 07-27-07, 08:16 PM
Banned

Mindset's costume cracks me up. What the hell is that big thing around his neck...?

I don't know if the heroes are as interesting this year, but we'll see.

BTW, does anyone know if they did make an original Sci-Fi Channel movie based on Feedback from last year? If so, I missed it.
Old 07-28-07, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked the first season, you said it Chew, this is cheese at its cheesiest. Except you're wrong about one thing, there's only ONE Major Victory.

The heroes:
Parthenon - A gay Quasar. waitaminute... Except he only has one quantum band.
Hygena - Points for originality, but had to laugh when the Chinese guy asked if she was there to clean the place up.
Basura - Ooo, I like her. Tight body and a tight leather suit she found in the trash. Though her and Hygena might get into it.
Mindset - An uglier MODOK. Love the push light chest piece, btw.
The Defuser - I just kept thinking American Gladiator, only not as snappy a dresser. Oh, and he had balls in a sack on his hip.
Ms. Limelight - A frumpy Dazzler.
Mr. Mitzvah - When they introduced the man, he himself mentioned how he was born into money. Who edits this program??
Whip-snap - Definitely seems like she'll be the emo member of the group. But she seems like a person genuinely happy to be there, not attempting to sniff out her next acting job.
Hyper-strike - Next time I exit a room, I'm doing it just like him.
Braid - lol.
Old 07-28-07, 04:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has the Feedback movie aired yet ?
Old 07-29-07, 06:15 PM

Hasn't any of these people watched last season? The first thing I would be thinking is to look around at all times looking for some set-up. Every task is not what it seems and there generally has been some sort of hidden task in each one.
Old 07-29-07, 06:16 PM

When Feedback started randomly appearing in people's homes, I started to question whether this show might be staged in some parts.
Old 07-30-07, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I like the show, but unlike the first season, there doesnt seem to be anyone that really 'lives' their character. Major Victory was ALWAYS Major Victory. I still think Feedback actually believes he had super powers. But this new group....Mindset never did anything particularly smart. Hygena didnt complain about the mess the wind machine were making. etc etc.

I expect more from my pretend superheroes.

D
Old 07-30-07, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
When Feedback started randomly appearing in people's homes, I started to question whether this show might be staged in some parts.
And if that didn't cinch it, how about when he started using his superpowers of traveling through electricity

I'm still waiting for Feedback's movie too. Kind of silly to have Season 2 before they even finished the reward of Season 1. Those Sci-Fi Channel originals only take a couple of weeks to knock out ... why the delay?

I'm still seeing about this group. Basura is clearly the hottie of the group, and Ms Limelight looks a better in the new costume. Defuser seems a little serious ... he's no Major Victory. And Mitzah just comes across like a jerk. I like the goofy costume and non-model look of Mindset ... he seems like a real comic-book nerd, and I'd rather see him win than a wanna-be actor. The first couple of challenges were funny. I like how they made the group think they killed Stan Lee right off the bat, and the evasive store owner. I hope the show focuses more on the silly challenges and superhero goofiness, rather than the reality-tv hokum and forced melodrama that it suffered from at time last year.
Old 07-31-07, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe they can't justify a Feedback movie on his own so will make a movie with him and the Season 2 winner
Old 08-17-07, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nice esurance commercial there.

I certainly hope Feedback "guest-starring" in that cheesy CGI snake movie on 08/25 isn't the one we were told to expect.
Old 08-17-07, 05:59 PM

Does anyone get the feeling that Whip-snap is this year's Feedback? I'm not saying that she is a shoe-in to win it all but the way that she is so determined and serious about the whole thing is scary. The show is soo cheesy but I really enjoy it. I get the feeling that there are more characters this year that are taking this seriously - I mean they are forced to live together and their days consist of wearing costumes and calling each other by their superhero names that part of me really thinks a few of them are beginning to think they are actual superheros. I'm sure it is just decent editing but it also makes me think about psychological studies where people adapt to their surroundings.
Old 09-07-07, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Not much of a surprise who won. Actually, the only surprise was keeping all three into the final hour.

My TiVo episode description said Dr. Dark's identity would be revealed? I skipped through all of the living room one-on-one discussions, so I might of missed it.
Old 09-08-07, 10:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chew
Not much of a surprise who won. Actually, the only surprise was keeping all three into the final hour.

My TiVo episode description said Dr. Dark's identity would be revealed? I skipped through all of the living room one-on-one discussions, so I might of missed it.
Yeah, prety much who I saw winning, short of him REALLY messing up somehow. I wonder if he'll get a longer cameo in his movie than Feeback did?

I didn't see Dr. Dark's identity revealed either. Unless I spaced out or something, the last I saw, Dark was laying on the floor after our heroes knocked him/her thru the door.
Old 09-08-07, 11:08 AM

They need to start a spinoff. Who Wants to be a Supervillain?
Old 09-10-07, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^ Hosted by "Evil" Stan.
Old 09-13-07, 09:02 PM

The Defuser? When did we ever see him defuse anything?

This season was worse than that sitcom about Abe Lincoln's butler.
Old 09-13-07, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah... pretty bad. Especially the ending.