Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

So You Think You Can Dance - "Top 10" (7/25-26/07)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

So You Think You Can Dance - "Top 10" (7/25-26/07)

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-07, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
That's interesting. I avoid the SYTYCD forum at FOX since I've heard it has too many Danny haters there.

The IMDB board only had a couple short threads about it and I only read a couple of articles on last night's dance that didn't complain.

I don't remember anyone complaining about the army-sailor dance last week.

The group dance tonight was pretty good - anyone have a favorite? This was probably mine.
Old 07-26-07, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger
That's interesting. I avoid the SYTYCD forum at FOX since I've heard it has too many Danny haters there.

The IMDB board only had a couple short threads about it and I only read a couple of articles on last night's dance that didn't complain.

I don't remember anyone complaining about the army-sailor dance last week.

The group dance tonight was pretty good - anyone have a favorite? This was probably mine.
Group dance was awesome...
I was active on the SYTYCD boards when jessi was on, since my daughter had danced with her when she was younger, but since then, I have really tried to avoid it. There is sooo much hating and antagonizing on that board, it is really hard to stomach. I think that it is a much younger, immature group. And yes, there is a lot of Danny hating. So much so, that I was actually surprised he was safe tonight.
Old 07-27-07, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lauren is really lucky that the judges didn't have the say in who would go home tonight. Her solo was HORRENDOUS. Really, she just pranced across the stage, then pranced back. For 30 seconds. Worst solo yet in the series, IMO.
Old 07-27-07, 08:50 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
I think that last night's results prove that Lacey was carrying Kameron.

Anyways, I' calling the top 4 right now as: Lacey, Sabra, Pasha, and Danny... with Lacey and Danny in the top two and the Schwimmer Sister pulling out the victory!
Old 07-27-07, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I see Lacey, Sabra, Danny, and Neil in the top 4, with Lacey or Sabra winning it.
Old 07-27-07, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by zuffy
I see Lacey, Sabra, Danny, and Neil in the top 4, with Lacey or Sabra winning it.
I agree, but like Goldberg74 said, I think Pasha could be the wildcard, replacing either Danny or Neil in the top 2 boys.
Old 07-27-07, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What is so great about Pasha? I just don't see it.
Old 07-27-07, 11:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WORD.
Old 07-27-07, 11:32 AM

Pasha is a one dimensional dancer at best, but based on the boards at SYTYCD he has charmed the younger audience and he is hugely popular. Now that they will be forced to rely on their solos every week along with their partner dancing, his charming personality may not save him.

I know everyone is saying that Danny is arrogant, but I find his style more likeable than Lauren's who, I think, is over the top with her constant mugging and playing to the audience. When she raised her hand last night when asked who should be saved, to playfully peeking at the results, to contantly laughing and smirking, I find it really annoying and that she is trying a bit to hard.
Old 07-27-07, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I think it will come down to Lacey and Sabra. Both are great dancers and have the audience behind them. Given the choice, I would go with Sabra probably.
Old 07-27-07, 01:39 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You guys think Sabra is that good? Personally here's how I group them:

Tier I Women: Lacey
Tier II Women: Sabra, Lauren, that other girl
Tier III Women: Jamie

Tier I Men: Danny, Neil, and Pasha (to a lesser extent, but he could win)
Tier II Men: Dominic
Tier III Men: Kameron
Old 07-27-07, 02:49 PM

I think Sabra totally connects to her audience when she dances. And the fact that she only has been dancing for 4 years def. makes her an audience favorite. I dont think she has to be the best dancer to win. I think she is the dancer that has everyone pulling for her. And she has no smugness about her at all.
Old 07-27-07, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone able to do the backward roll Danny did with the Samba? I tried it and it's a lot harder than it looks, maybe I'll practice this weekend. Danny makes everything look easy.

It is hard to pick the best from the the top 6: sara, sabra, lacey and danny, neil, and pasha.

Pasha, like Anya, seems to be a bit weak with solos, but he'll probably get more votes than Danny or Neil.

Dominic and Lauren should go next week.
Old 07-27-07, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The format for the solos was hugely annoying. I think that was a failed experiment that they should ditch - seeing that same horrible routine 10 times was just brutal. I was glad that Lauren was saved...I don't know why, but other than Lacey, I really love Lauren. I think the final 2 girls will be Lacey and Sabra, but I'd rather see Sara go home before Lauren does.

I really hope they do something to jazz up the solos next week because this week was not good...and all the political hubub is crazy to me...isn't this just a fun summer dance show? People are so damn sensitive nowadays it is unbelievable.
Old 07-27-07, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
I wasn't feeling a lot of the choreography this week. I thought the solos were so-so, especially for Wade. And then it didn't help that we were forced to watch it 10 times, all with the same music. I hope they don't do that again. But what do you do? I think they all need to do solos, but if they do one in their own style, someone like Dominic who has a lot of tricks will always be a standout. Plus, if someone different choreographs each solo, you might be in trouble if you get the worst choreography.

But I also wasn't feeling the group performance at the front of the results show. I don't know why, just didn't do anything for me.

I think the right people went home though, or at least people I thought were deserving to get the boot.
Old 07-27-07, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Does anyone remember the song Danny and Lacey danced to? It's "Hip Hip Chin Chin" by Club Des Belugas.

I was trying to find it on iTunes but it seemed like there were several different versions of the song and I'm not sure which was used. Any help with that?
Old 07-27-07, 11:10 PM

Watching the show this week and seeing some people without their long term partners, I had a deep sense that we had cut Hok one week too early. I agreed with it at the time, but after watching Kameron and Dominic without their partners (and Jaime without Hok)... well, I just saw everything differently. Sorry Hok.
Old 07-28-07, 04:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I didn't even get why Mia had to apologize for wearing her "Sergeant Pepper's" jacket wtf??

Nigel should have said F-U to those 25% kool-aid drinkers who wrote in to complain

Why would you be against a dance routine that promotes peace an love??
Old 07-28-07, 07:29 AM

I was thinking the same thing about the apologies. Man, get a life. It was a song about love and peace. And what's bad about being against war in general. If you don't get that message there is something seriously wrong with you. And even the jacket, pffffff.

But about the show. It was better than last week. Ten times the same solo was indeed annoying. I think the right people were sent home as well. Not like last week where the ones who saved the night with their super performance (Danny & Anya) were in the bottom. Danny is by far the best male dance. And I hope people can see beyond that so called arrogance. Millions of people are watching. Maybe you would act a bit different as well. Nerves maybe. He doesn't seem so bad to me. I would like to see Neil (the gymnastic man) and Lauren go next week.

Favorites for me: Danny, Lacey (man she is hot), Sabra. And I like Sarah but that's more beceause I think she is a nice person.

I think that the show is still a lot of fun after three seasons. Hope they will make dvd's of it soon. Would be nice to see some older dance back with scene selection and stuff.

Last edited by Buzz Lightyear; 07-28-07 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-28-07, 07:51 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
let's hope they do away with all the same solos next week, i want to see 2 partner routines by everyone with diff partners
Old 07-28-07, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I agree Lacy is very hot and sexy when she dances. I think the final two girls will be her and Sabra??

They are both opposites of each other: Lacey is very dynamic and flamboyant where as Sabra's style is more gentle and angelic

I think it will make for an interesting final two girls for the voters!

On the men's side it looks like Danny is finally starting to develop a personality and America is starting to like him. He's clearly the best male dancer talent wise without question. I think he will be in the final four with Neil.