DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Is the "Lost Room" worth watching? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/507276-lost-room-worth-watching.html)

Christi P 07-24-07 05:09 PM

Is the "Lost Room" worth watching?

Is the miniseries 'The Lost Room' worth watching?

Kevin M. Dean 07-24-07 07:30 PM

Yes, they should have made it a series, but SciFi is stupid.

JohnSlider 07-24-07 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
Yes, they should have made it a series, but SciFi is stupid.

:up:

enrage 07-24-07 08:17 PM

YES.
THe only object I want is the pencil.

SteelWill 07-24-07 08:18 PM

I really liked it.

MasterofDVD 07-24-07 09:37 PM

Great series. I rented it and it is on my list on DVDs to buy the next time there is a dry spell for new releases. Very creative with a great cast.

hdtv00 07-24-07 11:45 PM

OMFG YES. This show kicked some serious ass, I agree they were STUPID for not picking this up for a series. It was great if you ask me. Yep definately a buy on dvd.

bunkaroo 07-24-07 11:50 PM

My only beef with the show:

Spoiler:

I believe the end was left fairly open-ended because it might be a series. But since it wasn't a series, I would have much rather had a cleaner ending.

Bateman 07-25-07 05:16 AM

It has some flaws but I found it to be very enjoyable. If you like the genre or even just the premise I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

TheBigDave 07-25-07 07:02 AM

This was an amazing mini-series. And I can't believe you can pick-up the DVD set for under $15. That's an excellent deal.

Pointyskull 07-25-07 07:52 AM

I agree with bunkaroo, but it's still worth watching.

Very enjoyable...

nemein 07-25-07 07:54 AM

I'm not sure I'd recommend it as a blind buy but it's definitely worth a rental.

Jeraden 07-25-07 08:54 AM

I LOVED this show. I thought it was some of the most entertaining tv I've seen in many years. Moved at a great pace and wasn't just endlessly drawn out, but wasn't overly rushed either. I was incredibly sad when it ended - I just wanted it to keep going on.

wendersfan 07-25-07 09:05 AM

I thought it was very good. A series would have been cool, but it's easy to imagine that it would have gone downhill pretty fast, even given the talented cast.

RobCA 07-26-07 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
This was an amazing mini-series. And I can't believe you can pick-up the DVD set for under $15. That's an excellent deal.

DVDEmpire has it on sale for $8.14. I haven't seen it, but it sounds like something I'd enjoy, and for that price, I couldn't resist blind-buying it.

Rob

Dignam 07-26-07 01:32 PM

Yes! I was glad to see Peter Krause in something good (read: not Drive) after Six Feet Under. Hopefully Dirty Sexy Money will be good.

Randy Miller III 07-26-07 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
My only beef with the show:

Spoiler:

I believe the end was left fairly open-ended because it might be a series. But since it wasn't a series, I would have much rather had a cleaner ending.

I was contacted by co-creator Laura Harkcom after writing my review, and she mentioned they were still discussing the possibility of an ongoing series with Lionsgate and Sci-Fi. Granted, this was a few months ago, but the book hasn't closed yet...