Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Weeds on Showtime - Season 3

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-07, 09:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weeds on Showtime - Season 3

Apparently between this and Dexter, SHO has sprung a leak. Or else they just don't give a crap because they realize these preview DVDs just build more interest in their shows.

Anyway, first two eps of Weeds in all the usual places. Will watch one of the next couple nights.
Old 07-23-07, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
I've watched them both, good stuff.
Old 07-23-07, 09:44 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
First TWO?!? I missed that...
Old 07-23-07, 11:42 PM
Banned

Dammit. I knew I wouldn't be able to wait. Just finished both. Not really that impressed. The whole U-Turn saga is pretty lame. I really loved this show the first season, thought it dropped off just a bit last season, and seems to be keeping up that pace through the first two episodes.

Spoiler:

Kevin Nealon's crying scene at the end of ep 2 was done so poorly it was almost painful to watch. The man is a comedian. Use him that way.

weed.
Old 07-24-07, 12:32 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by SonOfAStu
Apparently between this and Dexter, SHO has sprung a leak. Or else they just don't give a crap because they realize these preview DVDs just build more interest in their shows.

Anyway, first two eps of Weeds in all the usual places.
Where can we get the preview DVD?

Last edited by Dignam; 07-24-07 at 03:46 AM.
Old 07-24-07, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dignam
Where can we get the preview DVD?
Check your PMs.

Amazing return to form... I don't know what the other guy was talking about. They ramped up the tension even more than the cliffhanger. I can't wait for more. Any expected air date?
Old 07-24-07, 12:42 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
Check your PMs.
I got the PM, but I asked about the preview DVD the OP mentioned, not torrents. I prefer to watch DVDs on my DVD player, not bootlegs on my PC.
Old 07-24-07, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They were taken from the preview, which torrents or newsgroups are the only way you're going to be watching it. So no bootlegs, move on till it airs.

I do agree all seems kinda rushed and not lot of answers but was entertained mostly.
Old 07-24-07, 03:52 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by hdtv00
They were taken from the preview, which torrents or newsgroups are the only way you're going to be watching it. So no bootlegs, move on till it airs.
Move on? You're the one discussing illegal downloads, I'm asking where to get the legit preview DVD the OP is talking about.
Old 07-24-07, 05:15 AM
Banned

Call Showtime and ask them. How the hell are we supposed to now?
Old 07-24-07, 05:44 AM
Suspended

Call Showtime and ask them. How the hell are we supposed to now?
It's DVDTalk? You mentioned them in the OP? Or did you really start this thread just to brag that you're downloading bootlegs, and the crazy people who don't break the law are to be laughed at? Rereading the OP, that's exactly what it says. You hadn't watched them yet ("Will watch one of the next couple nights."), so the only other reason for bringing it up was to inform the torrent-happy people of their availability.
Old 07-24-07, 06:37 AM
Banned

No, not to brag. But yes, as a heads up to anyone who wanted to watch them early that they're available. And also as a discussion for those of us who HAVE watched them to talk about our thoughts.

And yes, these are taken from preview DVDs produced by Showtime. They exist. You don't have them and you don't want to download them, so just wait till they air. What do you care if the rest of us discuss what we thought about them?
Old 07-24-07, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am grateful for this thread. Except now I have to wait about a month for episode 3.
Old 07-24-07, 02:14 PM
Banned

Amazing return to form... I don't know what the other guy was talking about. They ramped up the tension even more than the cliffhanger. I can't wait for more. Any expected air date?

Anyway, back to the show. I suppose you're referring to me as "the other guy". I guess I'll explain myself a little bit more. I don't like the direction the show took in Season 2. It began as a light comedy with characters you could feel good about while maybe not exactly supporting their actions. As last season wore on, everyone on the show got more and more unlikeable to the point where at the "cliff hanger" I really didn't care is anyone died/got arrested. The characters seemingly became dumber as season 2 went on. Decisions were made to advance the story to this "cliff hanger" that were too stupid for these characters. We know they are smarter/more careful than all this.

And seriously, the whole "MILF Weed" thing is so lame it just makes me cringe. Especially Snoop's cameo.

It seems to me like Jenji let some of the critical praise go to his head and lost his direction. And at the same time, started trying to play down to the stoners who were flocking to the show because of the title.

Specifically at least a couple things about these first two eps of season three that I rolled my eyes at...

Spoiler:

1. The cop taking Silas' keys and giving them to Celia. WTF? No way in hell that would ever happen in real life and only happened here for the convenience of getting the weed in Celia's hands.

2. Shane correcting the truck driver's Latin. We get it, the kid is smart, but that was just unbelievably poorly played. The truck drivers reaction was even worse.

There's probably more and if I wanted to waste my time watching them again I'm sure I could go on, but as it is, I'll at least continue through the end of this season since I have put this much time in already, and hope they can regain their form down the line. To save you all your keystrokes, I understand I don't have to watch, and if this season doesn't improve, I will stop.
Old 07-24-07, 06:24 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems to me like Jenji let some of the critical praise go to his head and lost his direction. And at the same time, started trying to play down to the stoners who were flocking to the show because of the title.
Not to nitpick or anything, but Jenji Kohan is a woman.

However, I wholeheartedly agree with you that practically every character is an unmitigated jerk. Sometimes I wonder if the creators of these kinds of shows just try to see how far they can go with making their characters unlikable before the audience will stop watching. Sort of like the audiences who paid to be insulted & cursed at by Andrew Dice Clay & then cheered wildly.

Maybe it's an existential thing.

Last edited by creekdipper; 07-24-07 at 06:26 PM.
Old 07-24-07, 06:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by creekdipper
Not to nitpick or anything, but Jenji Kohan is a woman.
I had a 50/50 shot.

And seriously, the characters weren't so unlikeable in the first season.
Old 07-24-07, 07:59 PM
Suspended

No, not to brag. But yes, as a heads up to anyone who wanted to watch them early that they're available. And also as a discussion for those of us who HAVE watched them to talk about our thoughts.
So you're promoting the use of illegal file sharing services, and this is a discussion for people who do the same.

Got it, thanks.
Old 07-24-07, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts
Episode 3 has found its way out there...
Old 07-24-07, 08:11 PM
Banned

So you're promoting the use of illegal file sharing services, and this is a discussion for people who do the same.

Got it, thanks.

Hey, why are you excluding the people who actually got a promo DVD frum SHO? They can discuss as well.
Old 07-24-07, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Got it, thanks.
Get over it already. The guy thought he was doing you a favor by PM'ing you with a means to watch the episodes. You don't want to utilize it? Fine, then STFU and wait to watch them as they air like most everyone else.
Old 07-24-07, 11:17 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
Get over it already. The guy thought he was doing you a favor by PM'ing you with a means to watch the episodes. You don't want to utilize it? Fine, then STFU and wait to watch them as they air like most everyone else.
STFU? That sounds like a personal attack, mods alerted.

I thought discussing torrents and illegal file sharing wasn't allowed, but it's being openly promoted here.
Old 07-24-07, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow, you're not interested in what we are talking about clearly, why bother coming back post after post after post, just go away if you don't like it. Good get the mods in here to clean up your pointless posts.

FYI episode 3 is good too. But I agree show is kind of running up hill. The opening song was cool. Wasn't so bad I guess....

Last edited by hdtv00; 07-25-07 at 12:15 AM.
Old 07-25-07, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

STFU? That sounds like a personal attack, mods alerted.

I thought discussing torrents and illegal file sharing wasn't allowed, but it's being openly promoted here.
I am not promoting anything here, and neither was the poster you went on and on about. You asked where you could watch it, and the person offered you a way to see it. They were trying to do you a favor. I apologize for the "STFU" remark but there is absolutely no need to go on and on about it like you did.
Old 07-25-07, 12:48 AM
Banned

Check your PMs.
Can we all agree that going forward, this is a BAD idea? First of all, there's really no need to publicize that you're sending someone a PM. Second of all, especially in a place like DVDTalk, you're bound to run into what we just saw.

CKM - you agree?
Old 07-25-07, 12:52 AM
Banned

Okay. Seriously, you've made your point. Why do insist on derailing the thread. No one is discussing illegal file sharing. We're discussing (or trying to at least) the show. You're the only one who wants to continue brining up file sharing. If you leave the thread and never come back we'll all pretend this never happened. And give Showtime a call and see if you can get one of the DVDs. Then you can come back and join us in discussing the show!

Thanks

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.