Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hell's Kitchen Episode 8 (7/23/07)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-07, 03:10 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Although I'd like to bend her over the risoto station, I just can't see Bonnie running a restaurant.
Old 07-24-07, 03:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WepaMan
I don't understand how you people can like Bonnie. She's an indecisive, whiny 'dumb blond' who would clearly buckle under the pressure of running her own kitchen.

My vote is still on Rock.
Because Bonnie is hot and men would love to fuck Bonnie!
Old 07-24-07, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wouldn't go to any of the finalists restaurants.... now that I think about it, I wouldn't go to this season's contestants' restaurants (except maybe Julia).
Old 07-24-07, 04:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lastblade
I wouldn't go to any of the finalists restaurants.... now that I think about it, I wouldn't go to this season's contestants' restaurants (except maybe Julia).

So you gonna eat Julia's fish and chips?
Old 07-24-07, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I just hate it when "Rock" speaks in 3rd person. Just reminds me of the Jimmy episode of Seinfeld.
Old 07-24-07, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by matta
I don't know why he felt the need to boot Julia after already booting someone else earlier in the show. I mean, just tell them that they already eliminated their person for that service. Unless that was the plan all along.

Thanks for just blurting that out before it aired on the west coast. Really did appreciate that.
Old 07-24-07, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by saoirse
Thanks for just blurting that out before it aired on the west coast. Really did appreciate that.
You were reading this thread after it aired on the east coast? I thought once the show aired in the US that it was open game to discuss it without spoilers? Is that wrong?
Old 07-24-07, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I read it around 4pm here in the west, so I don't know, just thought is was lame to post it that early.
Old 07-24-07, 04:43 PM

it was hilarious how josh just kept cooking and cooking. the whole thing felt like a snl sketch

5 risotto before anything

ramsay yells

spaghetti

ramsay yells.

josh drops in another spaghetti

ramsay fires the donkey
Old 07-24-07, 05:09 PM
Banned

I read it around 4pm here in the west, so I don't know, just thought is was lame to post it that early.
Well, it is your fault, you shouldn't have read it before watching Hell's Kitchen
Old 07-24-07, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 170 Posts
4pm in the west is 7pm on east coast--two hours before it starts airing out east.
Old 07-24-07, 05:40 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm on the East Coast. I don't really keep up on when things are and aren't aired in different time zones. All I know is that per our policy, once it's aired we are no longer supposed to use spoilers. It aired, I didn't use spoilers.

Last edited by matta; 07-24-07 at 05:43 PM.
Old 07-24-07, 05:48 PM
Banned

The time stamp shows 10:09 PM ET, so if you saw it just after 4:00 PM, you must be in Hawaii. What time does it show out there?

Also, do not Google "Hell's Kitchen" or else you'll find out the eventual winner. I guess there was some scrupulous bidding on Bodog before the season opened and the articles discussing it tell you the winner.
Old 07-24-07, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Why in the hell would you enter the thread mere hours before you were to watch it anyway? To see some last minute "can't wait!" post?
Old 07-25-07, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
In case some of you missed the news over the weekend, Hell's Kitchen got renewed for a 4th season, which will air next summer.

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-fo...news-headlines

Now back to tonight's episode:

Synopsis:
Spoiler:
Chef Ramsay consolidates the five remaining contestants into one team, but first they must compete against each other to impress 100 hungry high-school students. The winner (and a contestant of his or her choice) gets a trip to the Green Valley Ranch resort in Las Vegas, where this year's ultimate winner will be offered a job. Later, a power struggle and a mistake (one too many, actually) mar the dinner service.

Thank you chef!
Old 07-25-07, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by WepaMan
I don't understand how you people can like Bonnie. She's an indecisive, whiny 'dumb blond' who would clearly buckle under the pressure of running her own kitchen.

My vote is still on Rock.
She reminds a bit of Chrissy Snow from Three's Company. She's kind of "ditsy" but with a heart of gold and she's cute too
Old 07-25-07, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thaught Chef Ramsay showed some real class buY getting emotional towards Julia and sending her to culinary school at his own expense

Maybe the donkey is not such a prick after all
Old 07-25-07, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

There is no way Bonnie is not the next to go. She has to be.
Old 07-25-07, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
Although I'd like to bend her over the risoto station, I just can't see Bonnie running a restaurant.
Brilliantly put.
I can think of more than one thing to do to her while she is bent over the risoto station, but that would be a discussion better fitted for the AdultTalk forum. I agree, that I don't think she could run a restaurant because she would just break down & cry every 10 minutes cause something didn't go the way she wanted it too.
Old 07-25-07, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Bonnie will most likely end up running a B&B.
Old 07-25-07, 01:05 PM

I have to agree about the person reading this thread before they watch the show. If there was one thread for the whole season, then you have an excuse. But if there is a new thread for each week, you are taking the chance by reading it before watching the show. I usually watch the show on Wed. so I wait to read the thread before then. It is common sense, don't criticize others because you jumped the gun.
Old 07-26-07, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This week's episode was one of the best so far. I loved Josh's firing so much I had to rewind it twice.

Best line: "Give me that jacket, you useless sack of shit!".

I should have guessed they were setting up to can Julia since almost the whole episode revolved around her and made you really feel for her.
Old 07-26-07, 06:39 PM

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Originally Posted by Meglos
Spoiler:
Oh noes! Something different for a change!

Good episode, but agree that I don't really care about the three remaining contestants now. Just not who I wanted to see win.