John From Cincinnati - "His Visit: Day Six" - 7/22/07

Old 07-22-07, 01:36 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
John From Cincinnati - "His Visit: Day Six" - 7/22/07

"His Visit: Day Six"
Spoiler:
Linc's Stinkweed reign is challenged; Dwayne eyes Shaun's online future; Dr. Smith tends to an ailing Palaka; Ramon supervises the building of a shuffleboard court.
Old 07-22-07, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, after last week I'll be happy with a simple, "I don't know, Butchie instead."
Old 07-23-07, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was hoping for more John...

I'm really enjoying this show.

Anybody know how many episodes this is going to be? I heard when it debuted that is was only going to be 10 episodes.

(edit - looked through the schedule on HBO and they have ep. 9 on August 5th, and ep. 10 on August 12th and then movies in that spot the next two weeks so I guess it's 10 episodes)

Last edited by Brian Gentz; 07-23-07 at 02:19 AM.
Old 07-23-07, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So was "Day 6" Sunday?
Old 07-23-07, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by aktick
So was "Day 6" Sunday?
Good question. Maybe it was, with John's "I'm going to go see my father today" and all.
Old 07-23-07, 10:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dvd182
Good question. Maybe it was, with John's "I'm going to go see my father today" and all.
That's the impression I got...
Old 07-23-07, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Geofferson
That's the impression I got...
And what exactly is that thing off in the distance when he's alone out in that field?
Old 07-23-07, 06:18 PM

Judging by the lack of posts in this thread, I think all of us were a little bit underwhelmed by this episode. It almost seemed like a 'filler' episode and really didn't move the story forward that much.

It looks like there are 3 more episodes left this season. I hope David Milch got a guarantee from HBO for season 2, because I would hate to be left hanging on what this whole show is about.

Chris
Old 07-23-07, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
It looks like there are 3 more episodes left this season. I hope David Milch got a guarantee from HBO for season 2, because I would hate to be left hanging on what this whole show is about.
I'm really looking forward to watching this season either way--I've got a yen for complex dialog and actors who can pull it off--but Milch is being quoted in interviews this week that even *he* doesn't know what this whole show is about.

Last edited by adamblast; 07-23-07 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-23-07, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Okay episode...minus the obligatory Most Horrible Reading of a Line Award going to the kid actor who can't act for shit!

"I wish Zippy wouldn't have kissed me!" ( )

Even Ed O'Neill looked like he rolled his eyes after that one!

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
I also don't want to be left hanging regarding as to what Cass is looking for in that video...or was that explained earlier?
Old 07-23-07, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by skatefan20
I also don't want to be left hanging regarding as to what Cass is looking for in that video...or was that explained earlier?
I don't think we have had a resolution yet with that.

Chris
Old 07-23-07, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anybody know what the stickman type figure without the arms is. It appears to be what John does with his foot, and it's what Dickstein put in the cement and didn't know what it was.
Old 07-23-07, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Brian Gentz
Anybody know what the stickman type figure without the arms is. It appears to be what John does with his foot, and it's what Dickstein put in the cement and didn't know what it was.
I hadn't thought about it until you mentioned it, but that might be "the line and the circle" that John went on and on about last week. Of course, I have no idea what THAT means, either.
Old 07-24-07, 02:29 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ed O'Neal and the kid should not be allowed to do scenes together, and I'm sure O'Neal feels that way as well.

Dull episode.

I'd like to know what John was looking at when he was out.

I think this was the first time Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Chandra West appeared in an episode of tv together where there characters didn't have sex.
Old 07-27-07, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by aktick
And what exactly is that thing off in the distance when he's alone out in that field?

I think this will play a role as an important point. John keeps looking at the Naval Radar Station just north of Imperial Beach. I grew up a block from that station and often crossed over the fence onto the property.

The radar is a long wire at the top of the poles for very long wave frequencies to communicate with submarines. It is not presently active.
Old 07-27-07, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RandyC
I think this will play a role as an important point. John keeps looking at the Naval Radar Station just north of Imperial Beach. I grew up a block from that station and often crossed over the fence onto the property.

The radar is a long wire at the top of the poles for very long wave frequencies to communicate with submarines. It is not presently active.
Aaaah, that's what it is? Thanks. And very interesting.
Old 07-27-07, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been saving these on my Tivo and finally started watching this week. I watched all 7 in the past three days.

I don't know what it is about this show. It seems like a complete waste of time, yet I can't seem to pull myself away from it.
Old 07-27-07, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ I feel kind of like you do. I watch it, I wonder what the hell is going on...I wonder how David Milch could have gone from Deadwood to THIS, but yet, I tune in every week anyhow... although I am starting to get a bit frustrated - especially hearing that even Milch doesn't know where this is heading....I'll finish out the season I guess but I hope something major happens to make me satisfied that I've invested the time...
Old 07-27-07, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It was weird how all the characters seemed to be stuck in molasses out in the open in the motel complex while things were going on. It's almost like trying to watch a play out in the open.