DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Farscape back as 10 part web-series (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/506488-farscape-back-10-part-web-series.html)

starman9000 07-15-07 09:03 PM

Farscape back as 10 part web-series

Taken from gateworld:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/0...eturn_in.shtml

Farscape is coming back with the Henson production team and will be released as a web-series on scifi.com.

With Dead Like Me getting a movie and possibly second series, it looks like it is a decent time for show revival.

wewantflair 07-15-07 09:50 PM

What the hell! I hope they bring back Scorpius...

clemente 07-15-07 10:50 PM

What the fuck....they can't just drop that news and not spill more details! It'll drive me crazy!!

Chew 07-16-07 06:45 AM

As much as I'm happy with this news, I really wish these web-isodes could be downloadable instead of streaming-only. I rarely watch anything on my computer as I'd much rather feed it over to the TiVo.

valkyrie 07-16-07 09:51 AM

This is frelling unbelievable! ;) Made my day. ...but, aren't all the actors signed onto Stargate Atlantis? (Claudia and Ben, anyway?).

starman9000 07-16-07 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by valkyrie
This is frelling unbelievable! ;) Made my day. ...but, aren't all the actors signed onto Stargate Atlantis? (Claudia and Ben, anyway?).

Not that I've heard. I think only Amanda Tapping is making the transistion. They are both going to be in the dvd movies though. Claudia is also going to be on a new show called Life on NBC (I believe) and Ben is working on a Odyssey based mini-series for Sci-Fi.

adamblast 07-16-07 11:39 AM

Sci-Fi is ordering up a whole batch of "webisodes" for it's current (and a few past) shows. I wouldn't expect much from them--and from the way they're talking about "expanding the Farscape world" I think it means there are minimal if any characters from the original.

das Monkey 07-16-07 12:00 PM

It will probably be a prequel covering the adventures of Braca and Noranti.

das

adamblast 07-16-07 12:31 PM

Shit, I had to look up those names to remember who they were!

I'm still holding out for the Jool and Jothee Variety Hour.

riley_dude 07-17-07 12:38 AM

A web series? Why not do a direct to DVD series like B5 and Stargate?

fiver 07-18-07 04:42 AM

I absolutely love Farscape ; however, I just have never had any interest in a series of 'webisodes' for any of the shows I watch. I especially hate it when ongoing TV episodes of a show seem to depend on some knowledge gained from the webisodes shown during a hiatus period.

I somewhat wonder what the motivation is behind doing this after all this time since Sci-Fi screwed the show over so much the first time around.

Michael

starman9000 07-18-07 06:18 AM

Looks like they will just be short episodes:

UPDATE: Because there is a lot of speculation about this, I double checked with Sci Fi, and the network confirmed that each episode of the "Farscape" Web series is projected to be a few minutes long. They are not going to do 10 full, 44-minute episodes for the Web. Each episode will be a few minutes long.
farscape

Chew 07-18-07 06:54 AM

IIRC, "Webisodes" have always been only a few minutes long. People were expecting 45 minutes each?

Rogue588 07-18-07 02:28 PM

Well, personally, I was hoping for 45 minutes of Bonnie Hammer being drawn & quartered..

Chew 07-18-07 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Well, personally, I was hoping for 45 minutes of Bonnie Hammer being drawn & quartered..

I have never watched PPV before, but that's something I'd pay for.

onebyone 07-18-07 03:16 PM

I would totally pay for that too.

I would love more Farscape, but I am not sure about this news it seems a bit strange. I don't even like webisodes. will likely check it out anyway, because god help me I love that show so much.

valkyrie 07-18-07 03:39 PM

Sign me up for that! Hell, I'd throw a party around that one.

riley_dude 07-18-07 06:02 PM

LOL. How could we forget the woman who brought this show down?

kenbuzz 07-18-07 06:07 PM

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Chiana!