DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Help identifying early 90s horror program (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/506461-help-identifying-early-90s-horror-program.html)

Corvin 07-15-07 12:42 PM

Help identifying early 90s horror program

I remember this program being aired once or twice as a child, but I was way too young to remember its name.

It was like a "Tales from the Crypt" kind of thing, with several individual horror stories. Unlike "Crypt," though, I vaguely remember a framing narrative around the individual tales---I think a boy was kidnapped by an old lady or something like that.

In any case, I can only remember two tales. One featured a black cat terrorizing someone. In this tale I also remember an old man in wheelchair, and this man might have been played by someone kind of famous.

The other tale had to do with a person mistreating his wife or girlfriend or something, and as a result he turned into a gargoyle? Something with gargoyles. :lol:

Anyway, I've been trying to figure out what this show was but have no way of coming up with a title. It was airing around 1990/1991, I think.

Thanks for any help!

TGM 07-15-07 12:58 PM

Not sure...

maybe Friday the 13th the series, or Freddy's Nightmares?

RobCA 07-15-07 01:40 PM

Sounds like Tales from the Darkside: The Movie.

Rob

Corvin 07-15-07 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by RobCA

That's it! Thanks.

GoldenJCJ 07-15-07 05:36 PM

Well, rather than starting a new thread I'll just use this one to ask.

I remember one of these type shows (tales from the darkside, Monsters, Tales from the Crypt, etc) that was on in the late 80's/early 90's about a husband and wife who had stange little beings living in a hole in their yard. When they lowered meat down the hole, the monters took the meat and sent jewels back up in return. Eventually, the man decides to go down the hole himself to investigate and when his wife pulls him back up the man was gone but his clothes were filled with jewels. Does anyone remember this? or where it was from?

superdeluxe 07-15-07 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Well, rather than starting a new thread I'll just use this one to ask.

I remember one of these type shows (tales from the darkside, Monsters, Tales from the Crypt, etc) that was on in the late 80's/early 90's about a husband and wife who had stange little beings living in a hole in their yard. When they lowered meat down the hole, the monters took the meat and sent jewels back up in return. Eventually, the man decides to go down the hole himself to investigate and when his wife pulls him back up the man was gone but his clothes were filled with jewels. Does anyone remember this? or where it was from?

That was from Amazing Stories.

RaraFemina 07-15-07 06:53 PM

It's an episode of Amazing Stories titled "Thanksgiving" which starred Kyra Sedgwick and David Carradine.