DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Just started "Rescue Me" (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/506405-just-started-rescue-me.html)

hippie68 07-14-07 02:53 PM

Just started "Rescue Me"

Amazing show.
I am trying to get caught up so I can watch real time.
I am on S2 now, just finished "Twat" My favorite episode so far.
Looks like I am in for a fun ride...

movieking 07-14-07 09:32 PM

A consistently entertaining show. One of the few that can actually claim that, IMO. I can't remember any lulls in the show.

Doc MacGyver 07-16-07 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by movieking
A consistently entertaining show. One of the few that can actually claim that, IMO. I can't remember any lulls in the show.

Agreed. Although I'm a little worried this season may be heading into one... I'm still entertained, and it's still one of my favorites, it's just that season 4 thus far has seemed a little.... off.

Hope I'm wrong.

-Doc

MrE 07-16-07 02:53 PM

Doc, with much sadness I must concur.

Doc MacGyver 07-16-07 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by MrE
Doc, with much sadness I must concur.

I'm worried that
Spoiler:
:suicide:
may have been the shark-jumping moment that harkens a once-great show's inevitable decline. Still... I REALLY hope I'm wrong.

-Doc

MrE 07-16-07 03:08 PM

hippie68, we're just thinking out loud. You still have some of the best episodes in the series to look forward to.

DeputyDave 07-16-07 05:27 PM

I hate to have to agree, 1-3 are some of the best TV ever produced. Season 4 (in relation to awe inspiring greatness), just doesn't seem to measure up.

I'd still rather watch it than anything else on TV now.

Gdrlv 07-16-07 06:24 PM

I just finished Season 3 and thought that it slightly was a dip in quality from Seasons 1 and 2. How far along is Season 4?

dpz301 07-16-07 08:06 PM

love this show. passed on season 3 because of the price point when it came out. want to get it but have been resisting paying 30 dollars for it, haha.

lordzeppelin 07-16-07 09:53 PM

I'm liking season 4 so far...because it's moving away from the Sheila mind games. And then there's the "Spank Bank" conversation, which might have been the best moment on the show, period.

I think this season is going to speed up real quick in the very near future. Plus, we have some episodes with Artie Lange in the hopper, so it can't be all bad.

Geofferson 07-16-07 09:59 PM

All seasons have been consistently strong, IMO. You're in for a real treat...wish I were watching these for the first time again.

lordzeppelin 07-16-07 10:06 PM

Definitely a treat - it's the only show I've ever watched that can have you cracking up one minute, on the edge of your seat a commercial break later, and choked up in the end. I think the only show that had pulled that off as successfully as Rescue Me was M*A*S*H*.

BDB 07-16-07 11:00 PM

So this is on FX right? are the dvd's in widescreen?

I find it very hard to watch non-hd shows, so won't be catching it on tv until DTV has the FX HD Feed/

dcswirl 07-17-07 06:40 AM

I'll put the first 2 seasons of this show up against anything, 3 was good, not great, but this season blows in my opinion. The humor from the first 2 seasons is what I miss the most.

conscience 07-17-07 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Gdrlv
...Season 3 and thought that it slightly was a dip in quality from Seasons 1 and 2.

I agree with you.

Actually, season one was some of the best television. Season 2 was really good but could never touch the first. Season 3? Eh. I just wasn't feeling it. Season 4 continues on that downward spiral.

dadaluholla 07-17-07 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by conscience
Actually, season one was some of the best television. Season 2 was really good but could never touch the first. Season 3? Eh. I just wasn't feeling it. Season 4 continues on that downward spiral.

Ditto. I really enjoyed Season 1 & 2, but a few episodes into season three, my interest in the show dropped off the map. This season is even worse. Still worth watching, especially considering there's nothing much on against it, but compared to what it started out as, it is a hollow shell of it's former self.
:(

starseed1981 07-17-07 09:43 AM

That episode "Inches" from season 1 is one of the best hours of TV since the year 2000.