TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Burn Notice - Fight or Flight - 7/12/2007

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-07, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Burn Notice - Fight or Flight - 7/12/2007

Spoiler:
A woman who witnessed a brutal beating receives threats from the drug dealer who carried out the crime. Michael tries to get her out of Miami to safety, but the woman's teenage daughter refuses to leave the city, forcing him to try a risky plan to alienate the dealer from his cartel.

As somebody who thought the second episode wasn't as strong as the first, I have to say I really liked this one. I predict others will be slightly annoyed with the triteness of one particular plot element, though.
Old 07-13-07, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
This is a really good summer show. I hope it sticks around.
Old 07-13-07, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
Spoiler:
A woman who witnessed a brutal beating receives threats from the drug dealer who carried out the crime. Michael tries to get her out of Miami to safety, but the woman's teenage daughter refuses to leave the city, forcing him to try a risky plan to alienate the dealer from his cartel.

As somebody who thought the second episode wasn't as strong as the first, I have to say I really liked this one. I predict others will be slightly annoyed with the triteness of one particular plot element, though.
Let me guess...the teenager who just can't understand why she can't just to the big dance? Why does a show that is so smartly written otherwise have to sink to this level of cliche? That nearly ruined the episode for me. Other than that major problem, the episode was pretty good, better than last week's but still not as strong as the pilot IMO.
Old 07-13-07, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Good episode, but I still think the Pilot was better.

1. PILOT - 9.0/10
2. IDENTITY - 8.0/10
3. FIGHT OR FLIGHT - 7.5/10
Old 07-14-07, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Great episode. Though I to hate the cliche teenage story, it turned out okay. I even turned my parents on to this show and they really like it. For some reason my mom really loves this show.
Old 07-15-07, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
How is it that Dee Dee Pfiffer is now hotter than her sister?
Old 07-16-07, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, she is 6 years younger, so that definitely helps.

Another good episode, but I really don't need to see Sharon Gless every week. I'd rather she was not a part of the show at all.
Old 07-16-07, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 513 Likes on 353 Posts
I brought my wife in on Burn Notice with this ep. She enjoyed it quite a bit (helps that she's almost as big a Bruce Campbell fan as I am). Dee Dee was lookin' good, but Natalie Dreyfuss (the 20-yr-old actress who played Cara, the teen daughter, and BTW the niece of Richard Dreyfuss) was very appealing and appears to have a good future in the industry. As far as trite plot points, that is what this type of "light entertainment" program is all about. Open another Sam Light and pass the popcorn!
Old 07-16-07, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

While you could tell the daughter was going to be a total pain in the ass from about her first five seconds on camera, I still thought it was a solid episode. Hopefully the show does well enough to keep it around for a long time.
Old 08-07-07, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Has there been any new threads on this show in the last month or so? If so, I've missed them.

Anyway, I still like this show, but I hate the brother and the mother. The mother was bad enough, but since they've added the brother on as another pain in the ass totally useless character, I am quickly finding that there are too many unlikeable people on the show. One I can handle, but when it comes to more than one, and they start to get more and more screen time, it's not a good sign.
Old 08-07-07, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I find myself enjoying Fiona on this show.
Old 08-07-07, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by movieking
Has there been any new threads on this show in the last month or so? If so, I've missed them.

Anyway, I still like this show, but I hate the brother and the mother. The mother was bad enough, but since they've added the brother on as another pain in the ass totally useless character, I am quickly finding that there are too many unlikeable people on the show. One I can handle, but when it comes to more than one, and they start to get more and more screen time, it's not a good sign.
I agree with you. What this show needs is more cowbell Campbell.
Old 08-07-07, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i agree this is a great summer show. I still have the pilot of my dvr and i still enjoy watching it once or twice a week.
Old 08-07-07, 01:19 PM

Now for anyone that has watched every episode, answer me this - Didn't Fiona have an Irish accent the first show and then no accent for the rest of the shows? You would think that it would be kind of hard to have a Irish gun runner without at least a little accent.
Old 08-07-07, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Her accent comes and goes.
Old 08-07-07, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I find the switch annoying. I loved the accent and thought she pulled it off handily, but I'm guessing it was a "studio note" to have her lose it under the guise of "fitting in" in Miami, as she says.

I'll give GA credit, though. Even though she's not native Irish, she's doing a very very subtle Irish accent underneath, as if she's an emerald lass who hasn't quite "nailed" the American accent yet. Kudos to her.

-Doc

Last edited by Doc MacGyver; 08-07-07 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-07-07, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, she is a Brit, and British actors tend to be quite handy with accents.
Old 08-07-07, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by AGuyNamedMike
Well, she is a Brit, and British actors tend to be quite handy with accents.

Indeed. And yet every American attempting a British accent comes off sounding like they just swept Oliver Twist's chimney.

-Doc
Old 08-09-07, 02:26 AM

I really hope this series maintains its excellent start, I'm really enjoying it so far. Smart, sassy, and a little raw makes for the combo I needed over the summer.

I just got back from Orlando on United and was pleased to see the NBC United programing pimping Burn Notice a few times. I looked at the drooling old lady next to me for reaction, but no luck.
Old 08-09-07, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Another good episode. Man, Ms.Anwars body is smokin!
Old 08-09-07, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
I'm still 3 episodes behind, but this is a really fun and quirky show. Jeffrey Donovan was perfectly casted as Michael.

BTW, USA just ordered a 13-episode second season. So, we'll see Burn Notice again next summer.
Old 08-09-07, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
BTW, USA just ordered a 13-episode second season. So, we'll see Burn Notice again next summer.
That's terrific news. I think tonight's episode turned up the quality that one notch I was hoping for after the last couple of episodes. It hit me tonight that if you accept Veronica Mars as a "real world" Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Burn Notice would be a "real world" Angel.
Old 08-10-07, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Great news!! Thanks for posting that. I am really enjoying this show.
Old 08-10-07, 03:56 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Old 08-10-07, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Awesome news, and a great episode tonight. This is my must see show for the summer. Maybe I should start to catch up on Rescue Me and Dead Zone....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.