DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Burn Notice - "Identity" - 7/05/2007 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/505586-burn-notice-identity-7-05-2007-a.html)

TheMovieman 07-05-07 09:01 PM

Burn Notice - "Identity" - 7/05/2007

Spoiler:
Michael agrees to help Madeline's friend recover money from a scammer in exchange for information about a listening device planted in his mother's house.

cdoug57 07-06-07 08:53 AM

Really enjoyed the "Detective Cagney and Detective Lacey" joke. Show seems to be utilizing the supporting players better this episode. This show seems to be off to a good start and I am ready for the next episode. :D

TheMovieman 07-06-07 11:07 AM

Yeah, it was good to see more of Bruce Campbell and that he'll be a part of future stories and not just someone who comes in and out of various episodes since I couldn't tell how much of a role he'd play from the pilot.

Deftones 07-06-07 11:32 AM

Not as good as the premiere, but still a great show.

Doc MacGyver 07-06-07 04:33 PM

Anyone else kinda pissed that Fee dropped the accent only the second episode in? I am....

-Doc

DeputyDave 07-07-07 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Doc MacGyver
Anyone else kinda pissed that Fee dropped the accent only the second episode in? I am....

-Doc

Yeah, in her first scene even.

I liked BC more in this episode (he played a bigger part), but the episode kind of dropped in quality. I was thinking it should have been longer, like the pilot.

Jimmy James 07-07-07 12:41 PM

I agree the second episode wasn't quite as good, but it was still pretty strong. If that's the worst the show gets, we'll be very lucky.

I'm surprised so many liked the accent here. In other places, I have seen people complaining about the Irish accent. I am guessing that was probably a note from the network. I'm with you fellas, though -- I liked it.

Chew 07-09-07 07:06 AM

I echo what was said already: second episode not as strong, but I'm certainly glad Bruce got a lot more to do this time around. But, there just wasn't enough MacGyver-ing.

Charlie Goose 07-09-07 07:26 AM

It's funny how he doesn't really care about the little jobs he's doing, it's all just a means to an end, figuring out who burned him.

Two episodes in, and it's already becoming a can't-miss for me.

Doc MacGyver 07-09-07 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Chew
I echo what was said already: second episode not as strong, but I'm certainly glad Bruce got a lot more to do this time around. But, there just wasn't enough MacGyver-ing.

True, but there was a nice bit of Bourne-esque espionage chicanery in the pre-credits bit. I loved that whole scene.

-Doc

WallyOPD 07-09-07 06:01 PM

I guess I'm in the minority in thinking the second episode was just as good. This one's easily on the season pass for me.

Ozzy's Bat Head 07-10-07 12:56 AM

I couldn't be happier to find this hidden jewel of a show! I had my summer viewing pinned on John from Cinci, but that just didn't work out for me.

Actually, I need to give credit to my wife; she caught a random ad for the show and tivoed it. First she finds The Dresden Files, now Burn Notice. I'm really losing my touch on finding shows before her...

devilshalo 07-10-07 01:57 PM

What I like about this show is that it's a combination of old shows for me. It has the Magnum/McGyver/Silk Stalkings feel that just cracks me up. :lol:

MrE 07-10-07 03:40 PM

I also thought this episode was on a par with the first. Both had occasional pacing problems but were lots of fun. Glad to see Donovan as the lead.

Amel 07-10-07 06:03 PM

Dug the second the show too. Would like to see/hear Fiona's Irish accent come back. Big laugh from the Cagney & Lacey line. A good balance thus far with the odd jobs and finding out who/what's behind him being 'burned'.

starseed1981 07-11-07 10:50 AM

This show is great. I hope it sticks around.

Ravenous 07-11-07 02:40 PM

The 2nd ep was a bit better than the first I think. Im really liking this show. I wonder if itll be an 8 ep season like Monk.

Has anyone seen the bonus stuff on USAs website?

movieking 07-11-07 08:16 PM

Really liked this episode as well, and the show is already a can't miss for me. I think that I read there was 13 episodes planned for this season, but I could be wrong.

Deftones 07-12-07 10:55 PM

Burn notice got 3.944 million viewers for the second episode. Almost identical to it's premiere, which means that it didn't lose any audience. :banana:

slop101 07-13-07 12:25 AM

Does this show take place in Miami? I couldn't tell...

Also, while G.Anwar is super hot and all, she's done something to her lips that makes her look kinda weird, and it's creeping me out a little.

Oh, and I coulda' done without that high school girl's silly antics, but it was a fun episode nonetheless.

Doc MacGyver 07-13-07 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by slop101
Also, while G.Anwar is super hot and all, she's done something to her lips that makes her look kinda weird, and it's creeping me out a little.

Still hot, though. But the lack of accent is really starting to bother me. I do like that she's hiding a slight lilt, though, as though she's a Mick with a good, but not flawless american accent. Nice touch.

-Doc