Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother Season 8 Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-07, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BDLOU
She offers absolutely nothing to this world. Most people in that house care a little too much about themselves but Jen cares ONLY for herself. She has absolutely no conversation skills unless you count talking about herself or what little she knows of how to play the game. I don't know her personally so I have to go on the opinion of the people I have seen that do. Every person in that house hates her. I'm not talking about not liking her like they don't like Zach. Everyone absolutely despises her. For some reason you seem to think every other person in the house is nuts and she is normal. I'll agree that a lot of them are nuts but its not because they don't like Jen.
There have been plenty of self absorbed people in the 8 seasons of BB. There has been no-one as abusive as Dick, and I dont believe anyone deserves to be treated like Dick treats Jen, Jameka when he needed to, Eric when he needed to, and Kail. So you think the fact that Jen keeps her composure and doesnt bring herself down to Dick's level is a bad thing? I mean, I know I would have lost it by now, and I admire the way she keeps level headed. I would have lost it when someone put mustard on my pillow. I'm not saying she isnt annoying, conceited, whatever...I'm just saying that no one deserves the vile rants that Dick brings on. And I cant believe that it isnt being addressed by BB. He has really ruined this season for me. I just dont find that enjoyable.
Old 08-22-07, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by magiccmom
There have been plenty of self absorbed people in the 8 seasons of BB. There has been no-one as abusive as Dick, and I dont believe anyone deserves to be treated like Dick treats Jen, Jameka when he needed to, Eric when he needed to, and Kail. So you think the fact that Jen keeps her composure and doesnt bring herself down to Dick's level is a bad thing? I mean, I know I would have lost it by now, and I admire the way she keeps level headed. I would have lost it when someone put mustard on my pillow. I'm not saying she isnt annoying, conceited, whatever...I'm just saying that no one deserves the vile rants that Dick brings on. And I cant believe that it isnt being addressed by BB. He has really ruined this season for me. I just dont find that enjoyable.
She doesn't respond because she isn't too bright. She figures out what to say a lot slower and eventually says it when Dick stops which eggs him on. Make no mistake, I'm not a Dick apologist. I just had to say something when TimeandTide was seemingly seeing everyone else as nuts for hating Jen and treating her how she deserves to be treated (except Dick). That being said, I do like watching Evel Dick. It's not like he is abusing good people here.
Old 08-22-07, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Finisher
Unlike Dick who is a real credit to his race and offers a ton to society.

Yeah, shame on Jen for not wanting to get to know sociopaths and people who treat her like shit better.

(I'm not contesting the fact that Jen is self-absorbed, but all of these people are ridiculously self-absorbed.)
She didn't want to get to know them before she knew a thing about them.
Old 08-22-07, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 416 Likes on 301 Posts
I have been a fan of ED and he has been fun to watch, but why is jen so pissed about going up on the block when she has repeatedly said she doesn't care about the money or doesn't care if she wins.
Old 08-22-07, 09:16 PM

Jen is just weird, so self-involved and very, very cold.ED's tirades should have been stopped by one of the male contestants (like he'd listen) it should have been nipped in the bud. Now it is what it is...

Spoiler:
I saw that Zach was trying to say something to Dick, a little late but...

Last edited by zebop; 08-22-07 at 09:18 PM.
Old 08-22-07, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts
Originally Posted by zebop
Jen is just weird, so self-involved and very, very cold.ED's tirades should have been stopped by one of the male contestants (like he'd listen) it should have been nipped in the bud. Now it is what it is...

Spoiler:
I saw that Zach was trying to say something to Dick, a little late but...
Spoiler:
and it's worth pointing out that when Zach confronted him, he basically ran away.
Old 08-22-07, 10:46 PM

Spoiler:
Not shocked that Dick ran away. I bet Zach makes the top of ED's shit list too.
Old 08-23-07, 10:45 AM

I'd love to see Zach kick the shit out of Dick (maybe in that minute they have to say goodbye).
Old 08-23-07, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by saoirse
I'd love to see Zach kick the shit out of Dick (maybe in that minute they have to say goodbye).
Won't happen, but Zach is getting tired of everyone, and everyone is getting tired of Zach. Should be interesting if he ends up on the block this week. We're certainly due a double eviction week soon.

In other news....

Spoiler:
I think AmErica will evict Jen. He hasn't event mentioned anything about keeping her and last night he jokingly tried to make the case to evict her. Also 2 MAJOR blowups last night between Dick and Daniele that had Daniele seeking comfort from Amber and Jameka. Amber was of course definitely trying to use the situation to their advantage. Should she win HOH Amber's plan is to try to get out Jessica or Eric. Amber is in full on catty mode now and hates Jessica. Jameka tried to defend her for awhile (of the two I think Jameka would definitely prefer Jess to stay over Eric), but Amber hates her now. Personally, I think it's because her "guy" was removed from the game, and Amber has always been jealous that Eric paid attention to Jessica and not her.
Old 08-23-07, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
"I'd buy that for a dollar."
Old 08-23-07, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sadly, I don't think Zach wouldn't even be able to do that.
Old 08-23-07, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by BDLOU
Sadly, I don't think Zach wouldn't even be able to do that.
You lost me. Not sure what you mean.
Old 08-23-07, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You lost me. Not sure what you mean.
He's such a loser/douche bag that he would somehow figure a way to lose in a fight to a man half his size.
Old 08-23-07, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Any predictions for the show tonight?

How will they portray the "stuff" that happened Monday night?
Did Amber learn how wonderful and deserving of the $500,000 Daniele is after their trip to New York?
Old 08-23-07, 04:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Daniele & Amber trip news!

Spoiler:
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20070823cbs02

"BIG BROTHER 8" HOUSEGUESTS DANIELE AND AMBER LEAVE THE HOUSE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN NINE WEEKS TO APPEAR ON "POWER OF TEN" NEXT TUESDAY, AUG. 28, ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

During next week's episode of POWER OF 10, current BIG BROTHER 8 Houseguests Daniele Donato and Amber Siyavus will compete against each other in the two-person game, allowing the winner to move on for a chance to play for $10 million, Tuesday, Aug. 28 (8:00 9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

After almost nine weeks in the BIG BROTHER 8 house, Daniele and Amber, the top two winners of a Power of Veto competition, won a luxury reward and were flown to New York to appear on the CBS game show POWER OF TEN.

POWER OF 10, hosted by Drew Carey, is a high-stakes primetime game show where contestants compete for the chance to win $10 million. Michael Davies is the executive producer for Embassy Row in association with Sony Pictures Television.

Chris
Old 08-23-07, 04:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by the big train

Did Amber learn how wonderful and deserving of the $500,000 Daniele is after their trip to New York?
Maybe it will be double eviction week?

Chris
Old 08-23-07, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
BIG BROTHER BURNING QUESTIONS ANSWERED!!!

OK, I don't know about that, but here's a new interview from EW with exec producer Allison Grodner that's somewhat interesting. It talks about America's Player, this Jen stuff, possible warnings to ED and more. Check it out.

PS There aren't really any spoilers, except for the recent Jen stuff, but it was all over the AD feeds--I don't think most people would feel it spoils anything. But read at your own risk.

Last edited by JuryDuty; 08-23-07 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-23-07, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by the big train

I think for only the third time Eric is really going to try for HOH. (for the record I think he really tried week 2 when Joe was still in it and Jen won on that stupid 9 gallon tie break (worked out well for him because Joe went home anyway (America's Choice be damned Eric isn't stupid...Joe and Nick were his biggest immediate threats in the game though the Nick thing nearly cost him the entire game)), and he didn't know it, but Jess got a horrible catty edit (there was very little real animosity between Carol and Jessica...I heard Carol was a last minute replacement for a real Jessica enemy), and he would have had to nominate her...and he tried the week Jess won when Julie Chen screwed him on the question...honestly that worked out better anyway too).

I also think there is a great chance for a double eviction week, and I desperately hope that this the end for the Sea Hag. She should have gone home week 1. Please God, I won't think badly of you if you don't let her win. I'll assume it's part of your plan.
Old 08-23-07, 05:27 PM

I would love a double eviction with Dick and Amber.
Old 08-23-07, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This is kinda sad:

Spoiler:
Dick found out that Danielle had been scheming with Amber in a deal that didn't offer Dick much safety, and then more family crap got tossed in the mixed, and Danielle threw Dick out of the HoH room, and finally, Dick cried himself to sleep over the blowouts he had with Danielle last night. Awww...
Old 08-23-07, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Did they really replace his cigs?
Old 08-23-07, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Corrected

I would love a double execution with Dick and Amber.
Old 08-23-07, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
BB replaced at least 3 of the 4 cartons of Dick's cigs.
Old 08-23-07, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by j123vt_99
Did they really replace his cigs?
Yes.

As far as tonight....Boo Yah!

They talked about it earlier today so the nominations will probably be Zach and Amber (I'm assuming Amber will be AC, and Jess doesn't want to put up Jameka unless she absolutely has to...E/J want to keep her as an option). If Eric and Jess do this right they can get the Sea Hag out of the house AND cut a nomination deal with Zach (i.e, they won't evict him if he doesn't put either of them up in the next two weeks...Zach usually keeps to the deals he actually makes).
Old 08-23-07, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
did anyone else have audio problems tonight? mine is dropping out every few minutes.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.