Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother Season 8 Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-07, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Jen should've stuck to her guns and nominated Nick, to ensure Dick's departure. Now Joe will most likely go and Dick/Daniele/Entire House will go after Jen.

Like her or not, but Jen's the most interesting person in the house (unintentional comedy factor/body off the charts/her vapidity tilts people).
Old 07-17-07, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Finisher
Jen should've stuck to her guns and nominated Nick, to ensure Dick's departure. Now Joe will most likely go and Dick/Daniele/Entire House will go after Jen.

Like her or not, but Jen's the most interesting person in the house (unintentional comedy factor/body off the charts/her vapidity tilts people).
Seems kind of lame that 2 of the more interesting people are up to be kicked out. They certainly would've added a lot of entertainment to the house

I assume that unitard was showing some serious cameltoe
Old 07-17-07, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts
Will Amber ever stop crying, Jen was rude to try and intimdate her in how to play the POV competition, and it was nice to see everyone stand up for Amber. If Jen would have stuck with puting up Nick, she would probably been able to get rid of evil dick, but now it looks like Joe will go home. Nick shouldn't have blown the cover for his alliance as well.
Old 07-17-07, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wait...Amber is a mom? REally, I didnt know. Too bad she never shows her emotions at all...
Old 07-17-07, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Finisher

Well, you're right, while I don't like Jen, she will certainly cause the show to be more entertaining for as long as she stays.

I still think she came in with a plan to get attention, maybe even to be the villain, so when she did leave she could parlay that into more modeling gigs or contacts or fame. I think her mistake was that she simply didn't realize she was too stupid to pull off any plan she might have. She went way too far way to fast and because it's so early, she could easily go next. People may not be interested in leaving someone who everyone hates in the game this early, they might just want her out now because you make no enemies if you nominate and boot her out.

I still think she has a very average face, but she would have been better served playing off her sexual appeal. So what if Nick didn't bite. Others would have and eventually Nick would have a few too many and taken a nibble. She should have played her game a bit more slowly. If this is 100% who see is and none of it is game play, then she was doomed from the start.

Still, if you think she's hot or just want her to stay, people with huge targets have managed to stay for long periods of time in the past AND for those who think the show is rigged, even a little (what were the odds Jen got the unitard?), the producers have to realize losing her really early would be bad for the show, so look for rigged contests and povs to keep her around.
Old 07-18-07, 12:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Will Amber ever stop crying, Jen was rude to try and intimdate her in how to play the POV competition, and it was nice to see everyone stand up for Amber.
Old 07-18-07, 12:16 AM

Damn, I would have loved to see Nick in that unitard!
Old 07-18-07, 12:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Excellent episode tonight.

Well I can finally read and post in this thread. I was on vacation for 3 weeks and when I got home I had 3 episodes to watch, plus all of the Big Brother After Dark episodes to watch.

I'm kind of torn about watching the AD episodes. On one hand I like to see what their lives are like unedited, but so much of it is boring stuff. And then I was also privy to what happened tonight, since last night, so it kind of spoiled it for me. But it was still an excellent episode.

Is Daniele becoming the next Janelle? That's 2 POV competitions in a row that she's won. She is my favorite female player in the game and is actually quite beautiful. She seems very shy and I like how on the AD feeds from last night, they just focused on her sitting on the bed thinking. She does a lot of thinking and seems pretty smart and mature for only being 20, especially when you compare her to that waste of flesh, Jen.

But I also like Jen in the house because there is someone to root against in a big way. I was sad to see Carol go last week because she was the 2nd prettiest girl in the house.

Since the episode has already aired on the West Coast, I can say that I'm so glad that Danielle won the POV tonight and I'm glad that Jen was stupid enough to put up Joe, who we all know is going home on Thursday night. He is pretty much the 2nd least favorite player in the game.

When you compare the gay guys of Joe vs. Dustin, I would much rather have Dustin as my friend. I cannot stand people who are drama queens, especially when they are guys (Joe). So, I will be glad when he is evicted this Thursday.

After that Jessica, Jamecka or Amber can leave.

I really believe that Dick is the favorite of the After Dark directors. They seem to focus on him more than anyone else in the house, especially when he's alone talking to himself. He is quite a character and really seems to realize that he screwed up royally as a father and is trying his best to make amends with Daniele.

I hope in the end that they are the 2 finalists and that she wins the money and he wins his daughters trust and affection back.

Chris
Old 07-18-07, 12:25 AM

And may I also mention that I was very impressed with Nick and his courage to tell Daniele about his true feelings for her. It will be interesting to see if she falls for him in the same way and then dumps her boyfriend (if she really has one).

Chris
Old 07-18-07, 12:45 AM
Banned

Nominating Joe was the best move for Jen. She's trying to get some allies in Mike/Zach/Kail and probably Dustin/Amber (at least temporarily). As HoH, she probably found out about the Mrs Robinson alliance and sooner or later Nick is gonna turn on them and they are gonna come after him. Zach in particular seems to know what's going on. Dick probably doesn't have a single ally in the house except for Daniele so he's not gonna do shit. All bark and no bite. Getting rid of him this early doesn't do anything to help Jen in the long run. So he's gone, then what? Daniele (or Nick) would probably come after her and she would have no backup/allies. Heck, even the non-players (Eric, Jessica, Jameka) could put her up for no reason except that they know they can get a free week. But now she got semi-allies in Kail/Zach/Mike to protect her. Or she could strike a super secret alliance with her "enemy" Dick. Get rid of that troublemaker Joe now and sit back and let the other houseguests turn on each other. The "entire house" is not gonna go after her, that's just stupid. Biggest targets now are probably Dustin/Amber for their obvious alliance and Dick/Daniele/Nick for father/daughter, girl/boy relationships.

Expect Jenius to last until at least August!
Old 07-18-07, 12:53 AM

The edited show is much better than the AFTER DARK show
Old 07-18-07, 01:40 AM

I take that back, tonights AFTER DARK show was VERRRY GOOD!
Old 07-18-07, 05:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Marvdog
I take that back, tonights AFTER DARK show was VERRRY GOOD!
Why, because you saw Jen practically naked for the entire 3 hours?

Again, she's slutty hot, no question. That's an amazing body, no doubt.

But her face is average at best.

Anyone else think Kail looks like she could be Kirsten Dunst's mom?

I've had the feeds before and really enjoyed them for Janie's two seasons. This is the first time Showtime has done this and the first night where I could stay up, because I can sleep in today.

I'm mixed. I like the feeds because they are live and in the moment, but you can end up sitting there all night. This is a shorter fix and I feel like I'm getting enough for now, but I don't like how the show seems to be edited to run for pretty much 3 straight hours in the house. It's behind the feeds, so I feel the temptation to want to know the answers to questions posed on the show. They also talk about the late night crew or something, I guess who stay up really late when most of the others are sleeping and without the feeds you don't get to see that. And tomorrow's show will need to focus on what's going on in the house that day. So, again, I still feel tempted for the feeds. They really spoil you, but they also are way too addictive unless you have a lot of free. I wish that I did, because this is starting off pretty good.

I have to give props to Eric for sitting with those boobs in his face and remaining in control of himself and never wavering into sexual conversation to see if a drunk Jen might do some things. Even just give him a look at the mountains without the little bit of material covering them.

Jessica came across as a lot less annoying and childish and bitchy, which is how she's seemed on the regular show.

Jen really likes to talk, no?

I hope she makes it a long time, because she does seem to create so much on her own, the show might lose some energy if she leaves early.
Old 07-18-07, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Why, because you saw Jen practically naked for the entire 3 hours?
A quote like this and no screenshots? FOR SHAME!
Old 07-18-07, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

jen makes me cum.......back for more...
Old 07-18-07, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by movieking
A quote like this and no screenshots? FOR SHAME!

Agreed.
Old 07-18-07, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Will Amber ever stop crying, Jen was rude to try and intimdate her in how to play the POV competition, and it was nice to see everyone stand up for Amber. If Jen would have stuck with puting up Nick, she would probably been able to get rid of evil dick, but now it looks like Joe will go home. Nick shouldn't have blown the cover for his alliance as well.
Rude? It's a freaking game and she was basically being up front with Amber and Joe. I didn't have one problem with it. Actually its good game play although I smell some BB intervention because I don't think they usually have an hour long break between picking players and the POV contest. The whole thing would have been fine if Amber wasn't such an emotional wreck. I could not imagine being her boyfriend. I think I'd rather shoot myself than deal with her on a day to day basis. She seriously needs some help. How is she gonna deal with people she is close to in that house turning on her to win the game?
Old 07-18-07, 09:52 AM

Ok, Amber seriously reminds me of those talking trees from the Wizard of Oz. Especially when she is crying. I don't know how to do pictures in the thread, but I just envision those sappy faced trees in the woods of Oz when she is crying... which is every time.
Old 07-18-07, 10:39 AM

Love all the drama in the house. Love how Evil Dick is keeping it real. Loved how Zack called Jameka out on never talking to him. Love how Danielle is keeping her head even though she is the youngest in the house. I didnt think I would like this cast but I honestly like to watch them all, either for gameplay or drama, or pure entertainment value. Jessica is flying wayyyy to low under the radar and I would like to see her go next, but I hope they make Jen squirm in that red unitard.
Old 07-18-07, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

jen looks hot in the red unitard
Old 07-18-07, 11:55 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Evil is definitely the most fun person in the house right now. Gotta love how Jen tries to think of a comeback ... and can't ... when he calls her out. That's Jen-ius for you.
Old 07-18-07, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by raven56706
jen looks hot in the red unitard
Old 07-18-07, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by j123vt_99

(borat) NICE! (borat)
Old 07-18-07, 01:18 PM
Banned

What are you guys smoking? Jen doesn't have an even remotely "hot" body. In fact, I really dislike it and had a difficult time watching that stupid unitard crap.

I have a hard time believing that she'd be hired as a model or an actress.

And she must be vying for "Worst. Player. Ever." award. Even if she's trying to just use the show to promote her career outside of the house, she's doing a terrible job at it. America doesn't like her, and she'll be booted too early for anyone to remember her.
Old 07-18-07, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by matta
What are you guys smoking? Jen doesn't have an even remotely "hot" body. In fact, I really dislike it and had a difficult time watching that stupid unitard crap.

I have a hard time believing that she'd be hired as a model or an actress.
Who do you consider having a hot body? Either celebrity or on the show

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.