DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Big Brother Season 8 Discussion (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/505572-big-brother-season-8-discussion.html)

Arpeggi 07-05-07 11:06 PM

I just turned on Showtime and saw Jen in a bikini. :drool:

dolphinboy 07-05-07 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by magiccmom

Oh, and dropping the gonarrhea bomb? Gotta be a reality TV classic.

Hmm, when I posted in another thread that I got it from kvrdave, no one seemed to care.

ChefWinduAZ 07-05-07 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Hmm, when I posted in another thread that I got it from kvrdave, no one seemed to care.

That was reality, we are talking about reality TV. Big difference.

;)

TimeandTide 07-05-07 11:36 PM

Just moved so I don't have cable. Anyone know if these eps. will air online? Don't want the live feeds, just the broadcast eps.

dolphinboy 07-06-07 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Arpeggi
I just turned on Showtime and saw Jen in a bikini. :drool:

I just put on Trophy Whores 3 and saw Jenna Haze....

:)

BDLOU 07-06-07 08:31 AM

Is Gonorrhea one of those STD's you take a few pills for and get rid of it? Or is it like Herpes, where you keep that shit for life....like luggage?

SpaceBoy 07-06-07 08:54 AM

I have almost 0 interest already in this after the initial episode. I personally would I enjoy the all-stars every time I think, or at least a few select few like Will, Howie etc.

It really seems like they should have some older people on the show like past seasons too.

MrE 07-06-07 09:21 AM

Maybe this is too obvious to mention, but with the "After Dark" connection and the lookers in the house this is all a set-up for people to get it on this year. So the real question is ... when will the first under-the-sheets action occur?

adamblast 07-06-07 10:04 AM

So for those of us not really watching, just reading the threads for the moment, who are the confirmed enemies and why? And how did they react to seeing each other?

BDLOU 07-06-07 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by adamblast
So for those of us not really watching, just reading the threads for the moment, who are the confirmed enemies and why? And how did they react to seeing each other?

Jessica and Carol - Former high school BFF's. It was confusing on why they hate each other. Jessica made it sound like it was over 5 bucks that wasn't paid back.

Dick and Danielle - Father/Daughter who haven't spoken for 2 years. Danielle walked away crying at the first point she could.

Dustin and Joe - Former boyfriends who had a nasty break up. Joe claimed that Dustin cheated on him and gave him Gonorrhea.

The only fireworks were with Dustin and Joe.

Groucho 07-06-07 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by BDLOU
Jessica and Carol - Former high school BFF's. It was confusing on why they hate each other. Jessica made it sound like it was over 5 bucks that wasn't paid back.

As silly as it sounds, if you've ever been around girls that age they take these idiotic rivalries very seriously. Even my wife (who is in her thirties) will occasionally point out some other lady when we're out and about and list off some petty "injustices" that were dealt when the two were in junior high. :lol:

Patman 07-06-07 02:21 PM

Been reading up on the live feed synopses, and they appear to be allowing more typical FOTH discussion to be shown on the Showtime afterhours segments.

Evil Dick appears to be a fun character (going by the live feeds and screen captures), hope he can stick around.

They did comment about how we are missing quite a bit of how people have broken into their groups from the get-go (June 30 until the live feeds that started last night), and how certain alliances and animosities have formed in that time frame. This is from people being puzzled by the nominations that Kail put forth at the nomination ceremony (and why it went down as it did). They did POV competition this morning.

SpaceBoy 07-06-07 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
Been reading up on the live feed synopses, and they appear to be allowing more typical FOTH discussion to be shown on the Showtime afterhours segments.

Evil Dick appears to be a fun character (going by the live feeds and screen captures), hope he can stick around.

They did comment about how we are missing quite a bit of how people have broken into their groups from the get-go (June 30 until the live feeds that started last night), and how certain alliances and animosities have formed in that time frame. This is from people being puzzled by the nominations that Kail put forth at the nomination ceremony (and why it went down as it did). They did POV competition this morning.

What site are you seeing this on? I remember seeing a good one, but don't remember the URL.

Also a reminder what does, FOTH stand for?

matta 07-06-07 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by BDLOU
Is Gonorrhea one of those STD's you take a few pills for and get rid of it? Or is it like Herpes, where you keep that shit for life....like luggage?

According to WebMD, it can be cured with antibiotics. I wouldn't go look, though. The symptoms are :yack:

clckworang 07-06-07 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by SpaceBoy
Also a reminder what does, FOTH stand for?

Uh, yeah, that's what I was wondering, too.

So happy that BB is back! Summer just hasn't started until I get me some Big Brother. Not quite sure what I think of the cast, but the first episode is always a bit rough in that regard.

Watched the Showtime thing also. The only way I could think of describing it is hypnotically boring. It was so slow and yet I found myself getting sucked in. And it's definitely already game on. Lots of strategy talk. Evil Dick might be one to watch.

fujishig 07-06-07 03:10 PM

Cable was out last night, so TIVO couldn't tape it, but I have to say that CBS does a great job of putting the episodes up quickly... we were able to watch yesterday's episode online last night.

Of course, the site link was broken, but it wasn't too hard to find.

adamblast 07-06-07 03:32 PM

FOTH - Front of the House. They used to transfer the live feeds to a static shot of the doorway whenever anyone said anything that made the lawyers or the accountants nervous, which increasingly became nitpicky and ridiculous.

Patman 07-06-07 03:47 PM

This is a good recap/play-by-play BB8 site (but you will have the events and development spoiled for you, w/r/t nominations and POV, etc), and I also hang out over here to see what others think about the new hampsters in the house this summer.

saoirse 07-06-07 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Brian Gentz
wow those gay dudes are on fire.

I think I'm pulling for Dick or the football guy.

How funny would it be if "America's Player" was the first one eliminated.

Wow, I read that second sentence completely wrong, first time around. I had my for the word for and for for or. It makes more sense now.

Groucho 07-06-07 03:50 PM

Laugh of the day goes to saoirse. Heh heh.

clckworang 07-06-07 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by adamblast
FOTH - Front of the House. They used to transfer the live feeds to a static shot of the doorway whenever anyone said anything that made the lawyers or the accountants nervous, which increasingly became nitpicky and ridiculous.

Yeah, there was this one moment during the After Dark episode last night where they were talking about favorite actors and actresses. They were all saying how much they like Rachel McAdams. And then Joe says, obviously joking, something like, "Yeah, one time I was at a club doing lines with her ..." BAM! The camera changed FAST to another part of the house. His comment didn't make me laugh, but the speed at which the camera cut to something else certainly did.

And does anyone else think Mike, the painter dude, looks very familiar? I can't place from where, but I could swear that I've seen him before. It's probably something like he does modeling or commercials and I've seen one, but it's bugging me.

TwineTime 07-06-07 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by PacMan2006
And ALL are good looking.

I wouldn't go that far.

TyroneJordan 07-07-07 12:48 AM

My problem isn't with the fact that they're all reasonably decent to good looking people. I don't mind if there's no diversity in attractiveness (I enjoy looking at pretty people), what I do mind is that there is no diversity in race, age, and what seems to be personality.

matta 07-07-07 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by TyroneJordan
My problem isn't with the fact that they're all reasonably decent to good looking people. I don't mind if there's no diversity in attractiveness (I enjoy looking at pretty people), what I do mind is that there is no diversity in race, age, and what seems to be personality.

Lack of race/age/apparent socio-economic backgrounds are an issue for me as well. I'll have to wait an see on the personality issue.

Also, is there some issue with Americans going senile this summer? It seems like TV shows now feel the need to reiterate everything 5 times an episode. For instance, in the 1 episode of "Age of Love" that I caught, they reminded you that it's the "20's" vs. the "40's" at least 10 times. Now on BB8, it's like they need to remind us who Jen is (hence the shirts) and that one of the contestants owns multiple businessess ("the whole town works for me", "I own multiple businesses", "I don't want people to vote against me for the money because I'm so successful and am a multibusiness owner", etc. That must have been mentioned 4 times in just one episode.)

ChrisHicks 07-07-07 11:01 PM

ok, so I'm watching one of the After Dark eps and had a question, what's the deal with the "no singing" stuff? is it copyright related or something?