DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Nathan Fillion in discussion to join 'Housewives' (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/505340-nathan-fillion-discussion-join-housewives.html)

superdeluxe 07-03-07 10:26 AM

Nathan Fillion in discussion to join 'Housewives'

Fillion to play Dana Delany's Husband

Patman 07-03-07 10:42 AM

Dude, the bigger news is that Dana Delaney is close to joining the cast! :D

rfduncan 07-03-07 11:24 AM

Well, well, well. Nothing against him, but isn't Nathan Fillion the kiss of death lately?

Firefly
Miss Match
Pasadena
Drive

:hscratch:

Chew 07-03-07 11:28 AM

^ Well, depending on what you think of DH lately, that might be a good thing. ;)

Groucho 07-03-07 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Well, well, well. Nothing against him, but isn't Nathan Fillion the kiss of death lately?

Lost is still on the air.

Seantn 07-03-07 11:30 AM

Firefly
Miss Match
Pasadena
Drive
Not considering "Miss Match" , it mainly appears that having a show on Fox is the real kiss of death.

Shannon Nutt 07-03-07 11:32 AM

Firefly
Miss Match
Pasadena
Drive

:hscratch:

Yes! I've been praying for the cancellation of Desperate Housewives!!! :banana:

PacMan2006 07-03-07 11:48 AM

I bailed a quarter into the third season of DH...did it redeem itself and get better? I loved season 1, but season 2 was awful and season three seemed much of the same.

Doughboy 07-03-07 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Seantn
Not considering "Miss Match" , it mainly appears that having a show on Fox is the real kiss of death.

Having a show with Nathan Fillion produced by Tim Minear is the real kiss of death on Fox.

starseed1981 07-03-07 12:46 PM

Back to the subject at hand....(yes, Fox is the actual kiss of death)....

This is great news! I wonder if he's gonna be the subject of next seasons mystery?

Gunde 07-03-07 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
Dude, the bigger news is that Dana Delaney is close to joining the cast! :D

That's waaay bigger! Who cares about Filet Mignon (jk, I like him) when the hotness that is Dana Delaney is joining!?

skatefan20 07-03-07 01:19 PM

Yeah his track record with series hasn't been good, but I've liked Fillion since ABC's "Two Guys and a Girl (and a Pizza Place)"

Originally Posted by Chew
^ Well, depending on what you think of DH lately, that might be a good thing. ;)

:lol:
I feel there is a glimmer of hope though with the return of Bree. I definitely want the writers to step it up with the storylines next season -- thought the stuff with Huffman and Savant's characters (and their pizza place) was mediocre.

rfduncan 07-03-07 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by PacMan2006
I bailed a quarter into the third season of DH...did it redeem itself and get better? I loved season 1, but season 2 was awful and season three seemed much of the same.

Yes, it got MUCH better than season. Still wasn't as good as S1 but infinitely better than S2. I think the show did suffer from Marcia Cross' pregnancy complications, but I expect everything to be "back on track" when they return for S4 .

Originally Posted by Groucho
Lost is still on the air.

He was a guest star in ONE episode. Why would I include that?:hscratch:

Jadzia 07-03-07 02:46 PM

Desperate Housewives has thus far survived having the real kiss of death Jason Gedrick on last season.

That was the true test. That guy has been starring in failed TV shwows for over 15 years now.

Patman 07-03-07 03:30 PM

I wish they could fit Nathan in a guest-spot on Monk and see how Natalie would react to Nate's character.

dpz301 07-03-07 06:33 PM

good news on both fronts. i like fillion so it will be interesting to see how he fits in.

MrE 07-05-07 10:54 AM

Bree's back ... so why does DH always think it needs new characters ... when they keep the storylines compelling for the characters they already have?

kvrdave 07-05-07 02:46 PM

Hard to believe, but even this wouldn't get me to watch it.

RocShemp 07-06-07 12:15 AM

You're not alone, kvrdave.

And before anyone complains, I entered this thread because it was about Nathan Fillion. Has his name not been on the subject header I wouldn't have even looked.

Groucho 07-06-07 08:36 AM

I predict that when Fillion's episodes air, a group of posters who normally don't post in DH threads will mysteriously appear and declare the episode in question "Best ever!"

exharrison 07-06-07 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Doughboy
Having a show with Nathan Fillion produced by Tim Minear is the real kiss of death on Fox.

Or having a decent show that gets constantly rescheduled is the kiss of death on Fox.

MrE 07-06-07 09:13 AM

Or having a decent show that is shown in non-squential order ... .