TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Love : "Rock and a Hard Place" 7/2/07

Old 07-02-07, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts
Big Love : "Rock and a Hard Place" 7/2/07

Plot summary :
Spoiler:
Bill's anxieties over his upcoming testimony in Joey's case are compounded by the presence of Rhonda, who threatens to blackmail Nicki into letting her stay with the Henricksons. Suspicious that Nicki and Bill orchestrated Rhonda's disappearance, Roman sends a couple of Juniper Creek cops to the Henricksons with a warrant, but Don helps ferry the girl to safety

I'm dying to see if Nikki tells Bill the truth about what Roman did. Can't wait for this one.
Old 07-02-07, 01:21 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This season so far is off to a fantastic start..
Old 07-02-07, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent, excellent episode tonight, I thought. Easily my favorite of the season so far. The use of "Tiny Dancer" at the end was icing.
Old 07-02-07, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Where'd you eat?
....Arby's....
Where at?
In Meeker....
There's no Arby's in Meeker (hangs up).

Old 07-02-07, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
Excellent, excellent episode tonight, I thought. Easily my favorite of the season so far. The use of "Tiny Dancer" at the end was icing.
Agreed, great episode.

Another Elsworth/Vietnam Joe sighting!
Old 07-03-07, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
Agreed, great episode.

Another Elsworth/Vietnam Joe sighting!
Yep! Scoped him immediately.

I thought last weeks episode was better, but still enjoyed this one. Alby was pretty creepy at the end.
Old 07-03-07, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I loved Wanda and the gun. Such a great show.
Old 07-03-07, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nicky's mom did a great service to Bill. I wonder if that will cause problems for her later. Wanda is a nut and I like it. Albie has definitely gone off the deep end.
Old 07-03-07, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Did Nicky's mom do that for Bill so Nicky won't be without a husband - it kinda doesn't make too much sense.
Old 07-03-07, 11:57 AM

I liked this episode, too. But why is Bill interested in a business that he should have a religious objection to? Is he turning into Roman?
Old 07-03-07, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Another good episode... And so much for Albee getting some sympathy.
Old 07-03-07, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm a little confused about the games. Those machines look like the ones you see all over the place in bars - that offer different kinds of games; not video poker machines.
Old 07-03-07, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by Shipwreck
I liked this episode, too. But why is Bill interested in a business that he should have a religious objection to? Is he turning into Roman?
Because if he and don were exposed as poligamists, Home Plus would be destroyed and they would have zero income to support the dozens of mouths between them.

Bill purposly bought into the gambling machine business because he figures that those drinking in bars losing money couldnt care less if they were outed, and they could still support thier families. Its his safety net.

Good mormons would stop shopping at home plus, but the machines would still turn a profit.
Old 07-03-07, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by Red Dog
I'm a little confused about the games. Those machines look like the ones you see all over the place in bars - that offer different kinds of games; not video poker machines.
Im assuming that in states where video poker is not illegal, they can be retrofitted to pay out
Old 07-03-07, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by slop101
Did Nicky's mom do that for Bill so Nicky won't be without a husband - it kinda doesn't make too much sense.
I kinda thought that maybe even though Nikky's mom is cold to her, deep down she really does love her, so she was doing that for her daughter's happiness. She's the kind of person who can't outwardly show love but in a pinch she can be depended on.
Old 07-03-07, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I kinda thought that maybe even though Nikky's mom is cold to her, deep down she really does love her, so she was doing that for her daughter's happiness. She's the kind of person who can't outwardly show love but in a pinch she can be depended on.
Yeah, what he said.
Old 07-03-07, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I kinda thought that maybe even though Nikky's mom is cold to her, deep down she really does love her, so she was doing that for her daughter's happiness.
This, and I don't think she thinks Roman is doing the right thing on this one or by exposing Bill.
Old 07-03-07, 06:17 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good episode.

Loved Wanda and the gun at the courthouse
Old 07-04-07, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Indeed, when Nicky went to her Mom about the problem with the woman that works form Bill (forgot her name). Next thing you know shes getting followed around by a Hummer. I think she truly cares about Nicky and her family's well being.
Old 07-04-07, 04:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
OK, crazy thought: Could Adaleen actually be Rhonda's mother? Remember they said it would be hard to find the mother but found her right away, and then she shows up at the runaway house. Might explain some of her actions.
Old 07-04-07, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by johnnysd
OK, crazy thought: Could Adaleen actually be Rhonda's mother? Remember they said it would be hard to find the mother but found her right away, and then she shows up at the runaway house. Might explain some of her actions.
Hmmm... if Adaleen were the mother then Rhonda would've grown up on the compound and everyone would know who she was (including Bill)... although with the amount of children there, I guess it would be easy to basically blend her in with the rest and then bring her out as a wife-in-waiting.

I'm still waiting to find out if there was any shananigans between Nicky and Roman in the past. There was that scene in the first season that seemed to have hinted at it, and Nicky seems to try very hard to get approval from her father... plus life at the compound looks a little shady in that respect.
Old 07-04-07, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Another great episode. Loved the foodstamp comment. I think nikki's mom was angry with Roman because of the comment that he blamed her for Rhonda's disappearance and told she could have been nicer. A lot of these characters seem to be the type of people who don't like to be talked down to or told that they were wrong. I think she was showing that even though Roman gets all the glory in being the prophet, that the woman behind the man has a lot of power as well. Which is one reason why she gave the speech on how she stepped over 5 wives to get the position she has.
Old 07-04-07, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by paradicelost
A lot of these characters seem to be the type of people who don't like to be talked down to or told that they were wrong.
There are people that DO like being talked down to?

Rhonda's a little thieving bitch, too. I'd steal that sweet Hard Rock coat too!
Old 07-04-07, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Another great ep.

Anyone notice how when Nikki refers to the family she always leaves out Margene?

Last edited by Giantrobo; 07-05-07 at 01:54 AM.
Old 07-05-07, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

This is the first Big Love thread I've participated in (have been a loyal viewer since day one), so I don't know if this was brought up before, but has anyone else noticed that no one EVER says "goodbye" at the end of a phone call on this show? Out of the dozens and dozens I've seen, I only noticed ONE goodbye. I'm thinking of making a YouTube video compilation, it's so rampant.

Last edited by Numanoid; 07-05-07 at 06:10 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.