DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   ATAS' Top 10 Actors (Drama and Comedy) for 2006/07 Emmys (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/505181-atas-top-10-actors-drama-comedy-2006-07-emmys.html)

hardercore 07-01-07 06:46 PM

ATAS' Top 10 Actors (Drama and Comedy) for 2006/07 Emmys

These lists aren't complete, but these so far have been confirmed to be in the Top 10 for consideration for nominations. Will update them as and when.

Lead Actor in a Drama Series

24 -- Kiefer Sutherland, "Day 6: 6:00AM - 7:00AM"
Boston Legal -- James Spader, "Angel Of Death"
Dexter -- Michael C. Hall, "Born Free"
Friday Night Lights -- Kyle Chandler, "Eyes Wide Open"
Grey's Anatomy -- Patrick Dempsey, "Drowning On Dry Land"
House, M.D. -- Hugh Laurie, "Half-Wit"
LOST -- Matthew Fox, "A Tale Of Two Cities"
Rescue Me -- Denis Leary, "Retards"
The Riches -- Eddie Izzard, "Pilot"
The Sopranos -- James Gandolfini, "The Second Coming"

Lead Actress in a Drama Series

The Closer -- Kyra Sedgwick, "Slippin'"
Grey's Anatomy -- Ellen Pompeo, "Wishin' and Hopin'"
Medium -- Patricia Arquette, "Be Kind, Rewind"
The Riches -- Minnie Driver, "Pilot"
The Sopranos -- Edie Falco, "The Second Coming"

Supporting Actor in a Drama Series

Boston Legal -- William Shatner, "Son Of The Defender"
Heroes -- Masi Oka, "Five Years Gone"
The Sopranos -- Michael Imperioli, "Walk Like A Man"

Supporting Actress in a Drama Series

Brothers & Sisters -- Rachel Griffiths, "An Act Of Will"
Brothers & Sisters -- Patricia Wettig , (unknown)
Grey's Anatomy -- Katherine Heigl, (unknown)
Grey's Anatomy -- Sandra Oh, "From A Whisper To A Scream"
Grey's Anatomy -- Kate Walsh, (unknown)
Grey's Anatomy -- Chandra Wilson, "Oh, The Guilt"
Law & Order -- S. Epatha Merkerson, "Fame"
The Shield -- CCH Pounder, "Baptism By Fire"
The Sopranos -- Lorraine Bracco, "The Second Coming"
The Sopranos -- Aida Turturro, "Soprano Home Movies"

--------------------

Lead Actor in a Comedy Series

30 Rock -- Alec Baldwin, "Hiatus"
Extras -- Ricky Gervais, "Sir Ian McKellen"
Monk -- Tony Shalhoub, "Mr. Monk Gets A New Shrink"
My Name Is Earl -- Jason Lee, "The Trial"
The Office -- Steve Carrell, "Business School"
Two And A Half Men -- Charlie Sheen, "Who's Vod Kanockers"

Lead Actress in a Comedy Series

30 Rock -- Tina Fey, "Up All Night"
Desperate Housewives -- Marcia Cross, "Listen To The Rain On The Roof"
Desperate Housewives -- Teri Hatcher, "Into The Woods"
Desperate Housewives -- Felicity Huffman, "Bang"
Desperate Housewives -- Eva Longoria, "Weekend In The Country"
New Adventures of Old Christine -- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, "Playdate With Destiny"
Ugly Betty -- America Ferrara, "Pilot"
Weeds -- Mary Louise-Parker, "Mrs. Botwin's Neighborhood"

Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series

Entourage -- Kevin Dillon, "The Resurrection"
Entourage -- Jeremy Piven, "Manic Monday"
The Office -- John Krasinski, "Business School"
The Office -- Rainn Wilson, "The Coup"
Two And A Half Men -- Jon Cryer, "Repeated Blows To His Unformed Head"

Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series

Extras - Ashley Jensen, "Chris Martin"
My Name Is Earl -- Jaime Pressly, "Jump For Joy"
The Office -- Jenna Fischer, "The Job"
Two And A Half Men -- Conchata Ferrell, "Repeated Blows To His Unformed Head"
Two And A Half Men -- Holland Taylor, "The Sea Is A Harsh Mistress"
Ugly Betty -- Vanessa Williams, "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"
Weeds -- Elizabeth Perkins, "Pittsburgh"

Red Dog 07-01-07 06:49 PM

All I know is that if Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton don't get nominated for FNL, something is seriously wrong. They're the winners IMO.

Vanessa Williams and Becki Newton better be nominated for comedy supporting roles in Ugly Betty.

cdollaz 07-01-07 07:44 PM

Teri Hatcher? Ugh! I want to slap the shit out of her every time she is on screen. Probably the most annoying character on TV right now.

Decker 07-02-07 08:42 AM

I had read that supporting actors submit two shows to be considered from.

hardercore 07-02-07 04:51 PM

Another rule change they've made this year. It's just one episode, edited down to all their scenes.

Red Dog 07-02-07 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by hardercore
Another rule change they've made this year. It's just one episode, edited down to all their scenes.

Edited down? You're kidding, right?

hardercore 07-02-07 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Edited down? You're kidding, right?

As far as I know, nope.

Edited OP: Carrell, Baldwin, Sheen considered for Lead Actor (Comedy) and Kransinski and Williams in Comedy Supporting catergories.

JesseCuster 07-02-07 09:42 PM

Makes me sad that Battlestar Galactica's great, great troupe of actors don't ever get mention for the bigger awards. I guess because it's the TV equivalent of off off off Broadway. If there's any actor that did a better job this past season than Michael Hogan as Colonel Saul Tigh, I haven't seen him. An astonishing, unhinged performance much of the time.

Red Dog 07-02-07 09:58 PM

As far as I know, nope.

Edited OP: Carrell, Baldwin, Sheen considered for Lead Actor (Comedy) and Kransinski and Williams in Comedy Supporting catergories.

That's fucking ridiculous. How can you judge the merits of an actor without the context of the plot?

I've thought the Emmys were a joke for a long time. Now I don't think I can come up with a adjective to describe them after hearing this.

nateman 07-03-07 09:08 AM

How come David Caruso isn't on the list? :lol: Just kidding. :cool: I wouldn't be surprised if he won, if he was nominated. No one can stand there for 10 minutes & take off his sunglasses like him.

Why isn't Chris Noth (Law & Order: CI) on the nominations list? No Joke, he's a pretty good actor.

hardercore 07-04-07 12:51 AM

Updated OP with new names in pretty much every catergory, bar Drama Actor. Shitload of Grey's additions and a few Office and Entourage ones, too. "Boobies" Sedgwick should come as no surprise in Lead Actress and Sopranos fans get to see Christopher up in the running.

Brian Gentz 07-04-07 01:36 AM

I'd really like to see Kevin Dillon win.

Amel 07-04-07 01:07 PM

Lead Actor in a Comedy Series

this list should begin & end with Gervais

hardercore 07-04-07 03:58 PM

Gervais vs. Carrell would be sweet.

riley_dude 07-04-07 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by JesseCuster
Makes me sad that Battlestar Galactica's great, great troupe of actors don't ever get mention for the bigger awards. I guess because it's the TV equivalent of off off off Broadway. If there's any actor that did a better job this past season than Michael Hogan as Colonel Saul Tigh, I haven't seen him. An astonishing, unhinged performance much of the time.

I was going to post the same thing and where is the love for Scrubs???????

movielib 07-04-07 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
All I know is that if Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton don't get nominated for FNL, something is seriously wrong. They're the winners IMO.

Absolutely (almost). Especially Chandler. I don't see how anyone but Chandler or Hugh Laurie could win.

Aphex Twin 07-05-07 01:50 AM

Gervais vs. Carrell would be sweet.

I have to say....I really liked the scene with him and Pam at the art show (where they hugged and he got a boner).

nateman 07-05-07 06:26 AM

I was going to post the same thing and where is the love for Scrubs???????
Thats what I say!

Scrubs never gets any love. :sad:

It's sad to see the show that started the whole NBC 'Single Camera' comedy is now the least watched & respected of the 4. It's still #1 in my books but sadly not many others.
The Office is the most popular of the 4 ( -rolleyes- ) followed by Earl ( :thumbsup: ) then the up & coming 30 Rock ( :thumbsup: ) & Scrubs is usually around the same level as 30 Rock rite now & this coming PTTV season, 30 Rock will probally become more popular then Scrubs & possibly My Name is Earl.

Ayre 07-05-07 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by movielib
Absolutely (almost). Especially Chandler. I don't see how anyone but Chandler or Hugh Laurie could win.

Agreed, those are my two favorites.

CKMorpheus 07-06-07 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Aphex Twin
I have to say....I really liked the scene with him and Pam at the art show (where they hugged and he got a boner).

Who, Gervias? Has the rumored British invasion of Office characters in the American one already happened?

Aphex Twin 07-06-07 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
Who, Gervias? Has the rumored British invasion of Office characters in the American one already happened?

No Carrell during the business school episode when Michael made it to the show right after Pam began taking down her drawings.

hardercore 07-16-07 01:16 AM

Edited OP: Added the last four names (Chandler, Dempsey, Fox, Spader) to round out the Lead Actor Drama list, in what will probably be the last update before the nominations are officially announced in a few days time.

lordwow 07-16-07 08:28 AM

Gervais in that "Sir Ian" sketch was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

nateman 07-16-07 08:58 AM

I think Minnie Driver should win for "Best actress in a drama series", I finally got around to watching all of the episodes & talk about a great drama. Same for Eddie Izzard as "Lead actor in a drama".

hardercore 07-17-07 12:03 AM

Updated OP, to round out the Supporting Actress (Drama) list. Let me be the first to say -- where the fuck is Elizabeth Mitchell? The only thing I can see explaining that snub is if she pulled out of the supporting catergory in the last minute to submit in Lead. Which she could make a valid case for, she was probably more of a predominant female character this season than Evangeline Lilly.

EDIT: Also Updated Supp. Actor (Drama) and Lead and Supporting Actress (Comedy) lists.