Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Rescue Me 6/27/07

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-07, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Boot
I don't disagree with you here. Jerry had many reasons to be suicidal, but show me a suicide who shows zero signs of suicidal tendencies, and I'll show you a TV writer behind the suicide.
I haven't seen a suicide that abrupt since the Hidden Palms pilot.
Old 06-29-07, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cusm
Why was Tommy being such a wimp? Since when is he not ready to fight anyone? That is the only thing that seemed off to me this episode.
I thought that was a bit out of character as well. Tommy has never before shown any fear of getting his ass kicked.
Old 06-29-07, 04:36 PM

Why was Tommy being such a wimp? Since when is he not ready to fight anyone? That is the only thing that seemed off to me this episode.
I thought Lou was telling him that the only way to get his daughter back was to let the boyfriend kick his ass (or at least pretend to), and then she would feel sorry for him and be mad at her boyfriend and then go back to live with her parents.
Old 06-29-07, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by birdseye
I thought Lou was telling him that the only way to get his daughter back was to let the boyfriend kick his ass (or at least pretend to), and then she would feel sorry for him and be mad at her boyfriend and then go back to live with her parents.
I think he was referring to the guy at the restaurant.
Old 06-29-07, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
That was an unexpected ending. I really liked his character too.
Old 06-29-07, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, that interview makes me look at both of them a different way.
Old 06-29-07, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, I can understand taking a dive with his daughter's boyfriend (I can understand it, but thought he was an idiot to think it was going to work), but getting scared of the guy outside the restaurant? There is no way Tommy would act like that, especially if you factor in the guy was gay. Tommy the homophobe would never have backed down.

The only thing I can figure is they are trying (unsuccessfully IMHO) to show that Tommy is afraid he's lost his manhood to being saved by a woman and being told he couldn't get it up with Janet.

Tommy had always been an asshole but for the first time I don't like him. His character is too extreme. I think how Tommy dealt with the dying mother issue was a bit out of character as well.

I am also not liking how they wrapped up the fire investigation (which was stupid and unrealistic in its own right). If you are going to make it such an important plot point don’t bring it to a conclusion with, “Oh, a few key strokes and you’re OK.”

One of my favorite shows ever, but I am really disappointed lately.
Old 07-01-07, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by movieking
Wow, that interview makes me look at both of them a different way.
I had no idea of any of that stuff going on...and maybe I'm biased, but I totally believe that McGee could be a douchebag in real life...I think Leary has that 'asshole' persona, but I think that is all it is... so I'm siding with leary and tolan for now, until I hear otherwise :P