DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   TV show about guy that could take pictures with his nose?? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/504831-tv-show-about-guy-could-take-pictures-his-nose.html)

typecase 06-27-07 03:00 PM

TV show about guy that could take pictures with his nose??

Hello All,

I was just remembering a TV show (I think from the 70s or 80s) about this guy who when he pushed his nose, he would take a picture, and it would pop out of his pocket. For the life of me can't remember what it was called. He might have been a robot or something since he could read very fast also. Lots of Google searching later and I still can't come up with anything. I'm beginning to wonder if I dreamed it. Anyone remember what it was called? Any help greatly appreciated.

RKillgore 06-27-07 03:19 PM

Holmes and Yo-Yo, maybe?

Decker 06-27-07 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by RKillgore

Yeah, that's what I was going to post. I remember watching that fondly, but I was only a little kid with bad taste...

typecase 06-27-07 03:28 PM

That's absolutely it! Thanks guys! I would have never have gotten it. :D

From IMDB ...

Det. Alexander Holmes has no luck with his partners. They always end up at the hospital or the morgue. But this won't happen to his very new partner "Yoyo": a sophisticated indestructible android
rotfl

nateman 06-28-07 01:33 PM

How did a miss a show with such an awesome premise?
A guy who could take pictures with his nose? who wouldn't want to see that?

obscurelabel 06-28-07 01:52 PM

To this day, I still confuse Richard Shull and John Schuck.

wendersfan 06-28-07 01:57 PM

Sounds like an early draft of a Monty Python sketch.

Decker 06-28-07 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by wendersfan
Sounds like an early draft of a Monty Python sketch.

It was nowhere near as witty. It was your typical cop-buddy premise but one of the cops was really a robot. He had a "photographic" memory, meaning that he could print a polaroid from his memory and it would appear from his pocket. It was supposed to be a big secret that he was really a robot, but at the end of the pilot, Holmes loosens Yo-Yo's tie after an injury and sure enough, his chest panel pops open.

I don't know what's lamer, the premise of this show or the fact that I still remember it almost verbatim...

AGuyNamedMike 06-28-07 07:25 PM

I, too, remember this show. I remember even then thinking it was a ripoff of the Hymie character from Get Smart.

GoldenJCJ 06-28-07 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Decker
It was nowhere near as witty. It was your typical cop-buddy premise but one of the cops was really a robot. He had a "photographic" memory, meaning that he could print a polaroid from his memory and it would appear from his pocket. It was supposed to be a big secret that he was really a robot, but at the end of the pilot, Holmes loosens Yo-Yo's tie after an injury and sure enough, his chest panel pops open.

I don't know what's lamer, the premise of this show or the fact that I still remember it almost verbatim...

So the Big Secret was revealed at the end of the Pilot?! I guess they held out as long as they could before letting the cat out of the bag.

Michael Corvin 06-29-07 07:08 AM

Smells like a hit!

nateman 06-29-07 10:18 AM

Smells like a hit!
:lol: ABC should re-tool the premise abit and try to add it to there comedy lineup this fall. Geico Caveman show followed by this!-talk about must see TV!

adamblast 06-29-07 10:21 AM

Ahhh, John Schuck. The death of funny.

Quatermass 06-29-07 12:30 PM

I remember that show. It was kind of a parody of the Six Million Dollar Man, which was a huge hit at the time. It wasn't really a secret to the viewers that he was a robot, but the public on the show were unaware, which created hilarious hijinks when he would get stuck like a broken record and say "...the Bunko squad...the Bunko squad..." over and over while they were questioning witnesses.
Sadly, I remember details from this show verbatim, too.