Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

So You Think You Can Dance - "Top 16" (6/27-28/07)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 06-27-07, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last week...

Originally Posted by Fox's SYTYCD Web Site
As far as the femininas go, the judges unanimously decide to send home Faina. For the men, will Pasha make it an all-Russ elimination? Nigel makes it clear that the judges were not unanimous on the men. Repeat, not. Repeat, repeat, not. Pasha is safe so it will be, in fact, an international elimination tonight. Who’s joining Faina? After a meandering and fairly confusing explanation of the judges’ thought process, Nigel finally announces that Cedric…is…safe. But Nigel sternly warns him that if he’s in the bottom three ever again, he won’t support Cedric at all. After all of that chatter, Jimmy is the one walking toward the exit.
I think that Cedric is a goner this week... not sure about the girls.

Tonight's show is still two hours, with a one hour result show tomorrow.
Old 06-27-07, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, hopefully Cedric goes home. He's great at his routine, but terrible at everything else. He cannot win, so why give him the chance while taking away others. If Jessi doesn't get something amazing this week, she may be a goner. Her solo isn't the greatest.
Old 06-27-07, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Guest judge this week... Debbie Allen!

... and guess what routine Cedric pulled out of the hat!?

Spoiler:
A Contemporary routine choreographed by Mia Michaels!

... he better work it!
Old 06-27-07, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Cedric has to be gone from this. He didn't do shit in this routine.
Old 06-27-07, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sara/Jesus - were really good this week. I think they might be my favorites at this point.

Shauna/Cedric - weren't terrible but nothing special. Shauna needs a good partner because I think she's going to be special.

Lacey/Kameron - was fairly good but I think I'm going to forget there routine by the end of the show.

Anya/Danny - I'm not as in love with them as most. I think it's just that I don't like Danny. Again, I think I'm going to forget about this routine by the end of the night.

Dominic/Sabra - I think they hit it again. Sabra is flying under the radar but she's done everything well.

Lauren/Neil were ok. I think they both need different partners Lauren especially.

Jaime/Hok - I have no idea what I'm watching but I can't take my eyes off of it.

Last edited by Timber; 06-27-07 at 10:12 PM.
Old 06-27-07, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hok / Jamie - That was awesome, best of tonight. I knew the makeup and dance looked very familiar and then Debbie pointed it out - Cirque du Soleil which I'm a huge fan of.
Old 06-27-07, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

1. Sabra/Dominic – hot & sexy, amazing where they have come from
2. Jaimie/Hok – extremely engaging, their best to date
3. Lacey/Kameron – great pair, nicely in-sync
4. /Pasha – would probably have gotten the sympathy vote no matter what, but still did a good enough job to stay alive
5. Sara/Jesus – stylistically it might have been my least favorite dance from them, but still extremely solid especially keeping together as a pair
6. Anya/Danny – the worst of the three they have done. Anya, especially seemed a little lost.
7. Lauren/Neil – tried very hard to be sexy, but unlike Sabra/Dominic it wasn’t
8. Shauna/Cedric – meh, get Cedric out of there, poor Shauna gets the shaft again
9. Jessi – if she is well we know she will be in the bottom 3

My guess will be that Jessi and Cedric will be gone.
Old 06-27-07, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Debbie Allen was kinda useless as a judge. She didn't want to be mean so she basically complimented everyone.

Dominic and Sabra surprised me tonight. I wasn't too keen on them before, but I'm starting to turn.

I also really really enjoyed Hok and Jamie's routine, but that's more because of Wade's incredible choreography. Did anyone else think that with all that makeup on, Jamie kinda looked like Stewart from MadTV. Kinda went crosseyed.

Anya and Danny just didn't feel right. Too much praise for them. Lauren and Neil also didn't feel right. It's like brother and sister dancing together.

Lacey and Kameron. I can't even remember what they did.

Sara and Jesus. I don't normally like Krunking, but this choreography wasn't too bad.

Shauna and Cedric. What the hell was that? First off, I did not like the choreography. Just body thrust, convulse, and cry. Secondly, Cedric was just stumbling around and his body didn't look comfortable.

Last edited by Shilex; 06-27-07 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-27-07, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I really dug Shauna/Cedric's routine, but then they messed it up in the judging by making it all.about.Cedric. Why did we have to hear so much from him? Why does he deserve all this drama? I don't get it. Why not talk about what an angel Shauna was out there? Meh on the whole Cedric drama. I think he's ok as a dancer, but I am ready to boot him just so I don't have to hear all about him every week. There's lots of better dancers who are more deserving... like his freaking partner.

Jaimie & Hok were the highlight for me. That routine was so strange and I too couldn't stop watching it. I have looped it many times since the show ended. That was awesome. Wade's a trip.
Old 06-27-07, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wade is a genius.

Anya and Danny, Cedric and Shauna, and Lauren and Neil deserve to be in the bottom 3.

That is a shame about Jessi, because she would have made that number hot with Pasha. I realllly hope she can dance her solo, and I hope she brings it, and that Lauren goes home. I think she is overrated, and dances by the numbers.

Sabra is amazing. She could win this whole thing, how much of a story would that be, considering she has only been dancing for 4 years. I think Dominic danced well with her, but I am not vibing on his personality. He reminds me of a 3 year old.
Old 06-28-07, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wade Robson's routines are amazing and very original. How come I never heard of this guy before this show??

Is he considered a big star in the dance community and where does he come from??

Cheers!
Old 06-28-07, 09:56 AM

Wade is a well known choreographer in the dance world...choreographed for NSync back in the day. He was primaraly known for hip hop and even had his own reality show about 4 years ago. The Wade Robson Project...I think on MTV. But I think this show has propelled him to be a superstar choreographer, and as you can tell from is work, he has broadened his talents way past hip hop.
Old 06-28-07, 11:32 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Poor Pasha, he did a wonderful job, and that assistant still has skills, but it was such a bizarre sight.

Shauna and Cedric... I honestly didn't like anything about this. This is the type of contemporary choreography I hate, with all the jerky random-looking motions, that look more like spasms than any sort of artform. As opposed to Wade's routine for Jaimie and Hok, which was different but incredible.

I'd say this will be a fairly predictable results show, with Cedric and Jessi going home... unless Shauna/Cedric get enough votes to stay out of the bottom 3, or if Jessi actually makes it back to dance for her life.
Old 06-28-07, 10:28 PM

Jessi and Pasha consistently had the best partner dancing 3 weeks in a row....Her solo was not as bad as Laurens or Anya's. What a shame. She was a breath of fresh air to me, and I'm sorry to see her go.

Guess they "sanjayed" Cedric by keeping him in the competition. This season is off to a rocky start for me.

and oh my god, Pasha and Sara?
Old 06-28-07, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Jessi is the weakest link imo. Even though her solo might be better than Lauren but I think Lauren has more talent. If the judges didn't blast Cedric, he wouldn't have gotten those pity votes. Now we will have to deal with him for at least one more week.
Old 06-28-07, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What's with all the "I'm in love with Pasha" stuff from Jessi? I thought Pasha entered the competition with a girlfriend (not sure if it was Anya)
Old 06-28-07, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know what the judged see in Lauren and Neil, they don't have a lick of chemisty. Neil's solo killed though.
Old 06-28-07, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by sinned
What's with all the "I'm in love with Pasha" stuff from Jessi? I thought Pasha entered the competition with a girlfriend (not sure if it was Anya)
Anya was his dance partner...dont think it is is girlfriend.
Old 06-29-07, 01:40 AM

I don't agree with Jessi's elimination. Laren's dance-off was nothing more than a striptease routine with no real dancing.

What was up with the host at the end saying "Your votes could have saved Jesus and Jessi." Uh, actually not, since no one was actually able to vote for Jessi this week.
Old 06-29-07, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Did anybody catch Jesus using the "s" word as he was saying goodbye??

Danny couldn't believe he was in the bottom three. He was laughing hysterically. His a pretty cocky s.o.b but he's in another league compared to Cedric

Jessi looked really hot in that outfit

Anybody notice all the dancers look like midgets/little people standing next to Cat except for Danny

Last edited by shanester; 06-29-07 at 07:31 AM.
Old 06-29-07, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Both dancers that got eliminated got a raw deal this week.

Lauren should have gone... but nothing could have saved Jesus up against those other two.
Old 06-29-07, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It is a shame that the decision to keep Cedric a week ago cost them 2 dancers that should not have been voted off yet. Not that either were likely to have won, but still they deserved to stay another week or two.
Old 06-29-07, 09:29 AM

You know Jessi may not have been the most talented but her partnership with Pasha was a sight to watch. Just unreal dancing. As for the solos,, she was the only one who danced with any emotion or feeling at all. Those tricks are amazing, but Travis did the same thing, but managed to incorporatate them into a dance that made you feel something. No one does that for me at all, except Sabra. Well Jessi did, but, she's gone. And with a mighty cold elimination I might add.
Old 06-29-07, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by shanester
Danny couldn't believe he was in the bottom three. He was laughing hysterically.
I thought he was laughing at Nigel's inane comment: “You’ve got to remember, America didn’t vote to put you in the bottom three, they just didn’t vote to put you in the top four.”
Old 06-29-07, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by magiccmom
And with a mighty cold elimination I might add.
Yeah it seemed pretty sudden when it was announced, I can only think they were running out of time. Still, giving how much fawning Nigel had exhibited towards her in the past, you think it would have been done with some more heart.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.