DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Entourage - "The First Cut is the Deepest" - 6/24/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/504492-entourage-first-cut-deepest-6-24-07-a.html)

MrX 06-24-07 12:49 AM

Entourage - "The First Cut is the Deepest" - 6/24/07

http://www.hbo.com/entourage/img/hom...yvinceeric.jpg
"The First Cut is the Deepest"
Spoiler:
Drama plans a welcome-back party for Vince at his new condo, but his obsession with keeping the place pristine puts a damper on the festivities. Ari and Mrs. Ari learn that their son may not get into their daughter's exclusive private school. Billy's insecurities prevent Eric and Vince from seeing the first cut of Medellin.

Dr. DVD 06-24-07 11:28 AM

Love the obvious double meaning of the title. :)

Decker 06-24-07 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Love the obvious double meaning of the title. :)

Vince gets circumcised? :hscratch:

vwbeetlvr 06-24-07 02:02 PM

Yeah can't wait!! ENTOUrAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bluetoast 06-24-07 02:46 PM

Title reminds me of the Mos Def song "Do it Now".

Birrman54 06-24-07 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by bluetoast
Title reminds me of the Mos Def song "Do it Now".

that's funny, it reminds me of the Sheryl Crow song, "The First Cut is the Deepest"

Decker 06-24-07 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Birrman54
that's funny, it reminds me of the Sheryl Crow song, "The First Cut is the Deepest"

Sheryl CROW?????
-ohbfrank-

It's a Cat Stevens song!

sway124 06-24-07 09:46 PM

Las Song

Does anyone know the name to the last song at the end of tonite's episode?

BDB 06-24-07 10:22 PM

It'll be on hbo.com later they have great updates for songs in episodes.

Don't know if I liked this episode, seemed way too rushed and too much going on, I did like Billys gf though!

slop101 06-25-07 12:30 AM

Gotta love the irony of Homer Simpson telling Ari Gold that he's too obnoxious.

Ping 06-25-07 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by sway124
Does anyone know the name to the last song at the end of tonite's episode?

Track is called "Lady Don't Tek No" by Latyrx. Great tune for sure.

MetalGator311 06-25-07 05:11 AM

Drama hosting a party, I think we've all been there. The friends who could care less about your stuff and keep inviting people way over the intended amount.

Mr. Cinema 06-25-07 06:13 AM

I liked the episode. Glad to see Walsh on there again.

movieking 06-25-07 06:34 AM

Maybe I am losing my taste for this show, but this episode didn't do it for me either. I think that they need more Lloyd, more Ari interacting with Vince, and maybe another movie for Vince's career. Like I said before, I can't stand Billy, but at least he didn't have too much screen time last night.

So guesses as to what happens with the movie? Vince likes it, Eric hates it. Does Billy release it as is, or does Eric and probably Ari try to convince him to make the changes?

JPRaup 06-25-07 07:14 AM

Liked it, better than last weeks

Charlie Goose 06-25-07 07:36 AM

Way better than last week's gimmicky pseudo-documentary, but I'm still not feeling it so far. Once again, it's the same formula.

As usual, best part was Drama. All nutty about the party in his house, but when he gets to the hotel room he's totally calm as Anthony Michael Hall pisses off the balcony.

lewisb73 06-25-07 07:40 AM

I cant believe I forgot to watch this last night... at least it will be waiting for me at home on my HD-DVR...

boogieman03 06-25-07 08:02 AM

I didn't like the fact that they glossed over alot of the stuff in the beginning.

When did Sloan and E breakup? Was it because he went to Italy with the guys?

Dr. DVD 06-25-07 08:21 AM

Didn't see the ep., but sounds interesting. I fall in the camp of those who like Walsh, so I might enjoy it more than others. I would like to see more of Ari and Lloyd soon though. Ari hasn't been as much of a presence this season, but then again this was the first true ep. since the season premiere was all a pseudo-documentary.

Iron Chef 06-25-07 09:01 AM

Anthony Michael Hall!

Patman 06-25-07 09:41 AM

I was, like, isn't that Anthony Michael Hall? And then, I was, like, oh shit, Anthony Michael Hall is pissing off the balcony and Drama's chuckling about it because it's not happening at his pad.

Mopower 06-25-07 10:01 AM

Once again I care more about Drama, Turtle and Ari than Vince and Suit and that movie. Vince's career is more like filler between the other character's adventures.

Patman 06-25-07 10:08 AM

Well, the show is called "Entourage", not "The Vincent Chase Show".

DVD Josh 06-25-07 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
I was, like, isn't that Anthony Michael Hall? And then, I was, like, oh shit, Anthony Michael Hall is pissing off the balcony and Drama's chuckling about it because it's not happening at his pad.

Directly stolen from Harold and Kumar.

This season has thus far been uninspiring and unoriginal.

cungar 06-25-07 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
Well, the show is called "Entourage", not "The Vincent Chase Show".

I look as Vince as the Jerry Seinfeld of the show. The least interesting character who everything is based around.