DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Big Brother 8 News - Extended "After Dark" Showings (if you can get them) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/504270-big-brother-8-news-extended-after-dark-showings-if-you-can-get-them.html)

JuryDuty 06-21-07 10:17 AM

Big Brother 8 News - Extended "After Dark" Showings (if you can get them)

Not much has been released about this season yet, especially concerning the twists, but this interesting news comes from Wild Bluff Media:

Following the premiere episode of Big Brother 8 we’ll start receiving three primetime installments a week on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays.

The really big change is that there will be daily shows as well with 3 hours of unfiltered, unrestricted, and uncensored Big Brother 8 entertainment. These airings will be part of the extended coverage of Big Brother 8 known as “Big Brother: After Dark”. Unfortunately these episodes come with a few hurdles. The uncut footage is going to be running from midnight to 3 AM on the east coast and (not nearly as bad) 9 PM to midnight on the west coast. Well that stinks for what many of us (me) consider to be the best coast of all! The other obstacle is actually having the channel where you can find these. Showtime’s spin off channel, ShoToo (huh? what?) will be carrying these night airings. I’ve never even heard of that channel. I can understand why they can’t show what goes on in that house uncensored, much less for 3 straight hours, on a plain network channel, but why does it have to be on some distant planet channel?

In case you can’t stay up until 3 AM or you don’t want to track down and purchase ShoToo there’s still always the option of the live feeds for a monthly fee. That seems like it’d be the easier option, but if you’re a night owl and one of the three people that subscribe to ShoToo then you’re already set.

rfduncan 06-21-07 10:28 AM

-ohbfrank-

Paying for the live feed means you have to watch everything to catch anything decent. The ShoToo 3 hours will probably be edited down to show anything that happens besides the housemates napping, etc. Dumb. This franchise is just dying a slow and painful death...

mrpayroll 06-21-07 11:09 AM

Previously reported here and then here

Chris

mrpayroll 06-21-07 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
-ohbfrank-

Paying for the live feed means you have to watch everything to catch anything decent. The ShoToo 3 hours will probably be edited down to show anything that happens besides the housemates napping, etc. Dumb. This franchise is just dying a slow and painful death...

Well, it says the 'unedited footage' and I believe it will be a live feed.

Chris

dolphinboy 06-21-07 12:51 PM

I just hope that Janelle is back again this season!

mrpayroll 06-21-07 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
I just hope that Janelle is back again this season!

I believe it's all new people this time! ;)

Chris

Timber 06-21-07 01:46 PM

I loved seeing my favorites last season but I'm ready for a new bunch.

JuryDuty 06-21-07 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
Previously reported here and then here

Chris

Well, crud! What's wrong with this forum's search? I specifically searched for both Big Brother and Big Brother 8 and nothing came up except last year's Big Brother threads. Sorry about that. Makes me look like a noob.

PS OK, the first story is buried in another thread, but I just did another search for just "brother" and the second thread still never came up. I must be doing something wrong. Sorry again.

mrpayroll 06-21-07 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
Well, crud! What's wrong with this forum's search? I specifically searched for both Big Brother and Big Brother 8 and nothing came up except last year's Big Brother threads. Sorry about that. Makes me look like a noob.

PS OK, the first story is buried in another thread, but I just did another search for just "brother" and the second thread still never came up. I must be doing something wrong. Sorry again.

Oct 99?

Yeah, you're a N00B! ;)

Chris

Bluelitespecial 06-21-07 05:14 PM

Has there been any news on who the contestants are yet? I had a lot of fun watching all-stars last summer and I am very much looking forward to season 8?

mrpayroll 06-21-07 05:19 PM

I don't know about the rest of you, but for us that have SHOTOO, this is going to be a great summer. As you know, most of the 'good' stuff happens in the 9 pm to 12 pm hour, when the booze is flowing and the main cameras are off.

I'm off on a 3 week Mediterranean cruise / vacation tomorrow, but I'll be able to DVR all of this stuff and watch it when I get back.

Chris

sjrab16 06-21-07 06:06 PM

It will be interesting to watch, because I know the non-US versions show a lot more nudity. Guess that is what they are going for, but will they have the cast that will not care about showing their shit. ANother question have we watched the last season a couple of years ago where they have anybody over 35 on this show?

Keith6601 06-21-07 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by sjrab16
It will be interesting to watch, because I know the non-US versions show a lot more nudity. Guess that is what they are going for, but will they have the cast that will not care about showing their shit. ANother question have we watched the last season a couple of years ago where they have anybody over 35 on this show?

People on Big Brother in other countries have pretty much become non-nudes as well. My favorite line about it is from this year's Australia version: "Fuck no I'm not getting naked, my daddy's watching." I think Brazil is pretty much the only one that still has people that don't care, but I don't understand a word of it so there's no point in watching.

dolphinboy 06-21-07 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
I believe it's all new people this time! ;)

Chris

I would be pefectly happy if she was the new host.

innocentfreak 06-21-07 11:22 PM

Cool Directv carries Showtime Too, Channel 538. I know I will be watching.

GreenVulture 06-21-07 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
-ohbfrank-

But people pay for Showtime...? -confused-

Holly Martins 06-26-07 09:42 AM

Is ShoToo available on one of the Comcast digital tiers?

clckworang 06-26-07 04:30 PM

I'm trying to remember if ShoToo is a part of my package from Time Warner. I have Showtime, so I better have it!

As for the time, I usually get home from work around midnight, so no skin off my nose. But regardless, that's what DVRs and VCRs are for!

xx2000xx 06-28-07 01:37 PM

Twist and cast is now revealed. It's not the bully theme as people were guessing, but enemies. Nobody has a clue of who knows who. It's a little bit too much like season 4, but hopefully the personalties are good.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNTRl...dates%2Ecom%2F

Is video.

ChrisHicks 06-28-07 01:43 PM

is anyone planning on watching the After Dark shows? I set a Season Pass for it and I just noticed that it is 3hrs. every single night. I don't think I'll be able to manage this many hrs. of one show a week if this is the case.

adamblast 06-28-07 02:59 PM

Looks like it's their most "Hollywood" cast ever--young, attractive, vapid, nearly everyone with dreams of fame (LA waitresses & bartenders, etc.) rather than the cross-section approach... As Variety notes above, if they're trying to push for a younger demo with their fall shows that's probably why...

xx2000xx 06-28-07 03:09 PM

We may get somebody who walks out of the show for the first time. Here is a confirmed couple.

Spoiler:
Daniele is Dick's daughter. On Dick's MySpace he writes:

"I haven't been a great dad. My daughter hasn't spoken to me for about a quarter of her life. Part her fault, part mine... but, yes... I am the adult, well now we both are, but point is made. We have, or she has always had a love hate relationship with me. I think she gets me, but she doesn't. Is that her fault? I am ***** up, how is she supposed to get that? How is she supposed to understand that? She has been an adolescent teenage girl, she is now 20, how am I supposed to get that?"

I doubt they know each other will be in the house and somebody might crack.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...gBro8/evil.jpg

sjrab16 06-28-07 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by adamblast
Looks like it's their most "Hollywood" cast ever--young, attractive, vapid, nearly everyone with dreams of fame (LA waitresses & bartenders, etc.) rather than the cross-section approach... As Variety notes above, if they're trying to push for a younger demo with their fall shows that's probably why...

Figured this is how it would be since they will have the "uncut" showtime episodes.

adamblast 06-29-07 03:02 PM

My impression of the "After Dark" announcement is that they'll simply be piping the live webcam feed across the SHO2 channel for three hours a night. It's not an edited "best of" show. If you TiVo it, you may find yourself fast-forwarding through 80% of it; once the novelty and voyeurism of the live feeds wears off, they can seem pretty dull at any given random moment.

And tho I haven't heard it confirmed, I guessing the 2 guys from Chicago (one openly gay, the other looking like a "maybe") may have a rocky past as well.

clckworang 06-29-07 03:08 PM

Well, I do have SHO2 so I'll be watching these. And as adamblast said, I'm already planning on fast-forwarding through about 80% of it. I'm looking forward to it though.