Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Rescue Me (Season 4 Premiere) 6/13/07

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Rescue Me (Season 4 Premiere) 6/13/07

Old 06-19-07, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 331 Likes on 198 Posts
Staten Island is part of NYC, not Long Island.
Old 06-19-07, 04:05 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 252 Likes on 159 Posts
How could she fake her death? That sounds a little ridiculous.
...but you're down with the ghost plan, right?
Old 06-19-07, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by johnglass
Since when is Long Island part of NYC?

I think that's the point he was trying to make.
Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Staten Island is part of NYC, not Long Island.

Last I checked, Brooklyn and Queens were both part of NYC and located on Long Island. I took the original post in question to mean New York as a whole, since he acted like the only beachfront property in the country is in Florida.

-Doc
Old 06-19-07, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
How could she fake her death? That sounds a little ridiculous.
I'm not sure but they mentioned life insurance a few times and she's not dead IMO, so therefore she faked her death. I'm sure we'll find out this week...I'll be there with an "I told you so" ready to go. :P
Old 06-19-07, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc MacGyver
Last I checked, Brooklyn and Queens were both part of NYC and located on Long Island. I took the original post in question to mean New York as a whole, since he acted like the only beachfront property in the country is in Florida.

-Doc

Forgive this former west coaster/curent southwesterner that has never visited NYC. I, like many that have not been to NYC, just throws all of that area (Long Island, Hamptons, etc) in with NYC.
Old 06-20-07, 03:01 AM

Has Artie Lange been on this season yet?
Old 06-20-07, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 331 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by mdc3000
I'm not sure but they mentioned life insurance a few times and she's not dead IMO, so therefore she faked her death. I'm sure we'll find out this week...I'll be there with an "I told you so" ready to go. :P
That may be where they are going, but I would find that ridiculous. What did they just say "oh, the body isn't here so I'm sure she's dead." As it stands right now, I would find that storyline too unbelievable, even for Rescue Me.
Old 06-20-07, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Cusm
Forgive this former west coaster/curent southwesterner that has never visited NYC. I, like many that have not been to NYC, just throws all of that area (Long Island, Hamptons, etc) in with NYC.
Heh, no I'm agreeing with you. I meant that DVDJosh acted like the only Beachfront was in Florida, not that I'm ragging on you, either, Josh! (Christ, we just made up in the Dark Knight forum, I really have to find away to stop my good-natured sarcasm from translating into pretentious Dickishness on message boards ). I was simply saying that yes, there are beach front properties in New York, parts of Long Island are legitimate parts of NYC, and I lump them all together too, and I'm FROM the area.

-Doc

disclaimer: This post was in no way meant to slight, embarass or annoy any poster on the DVDTALK forum. All incidences of belittling were entirely unintentional and coincidental.

Last edited by Doc MacGyver; 06-20-07 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-20-07, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
Heh, no I'm agreeing with you. I meant that DVDJosh acted like the only Beachfront was in Florida, not that I'm ragging on you, either, Josh! (Christ, we just made up in the Dark Knight forum, I really have to find away to stop my good-natured sarcasm from translating into pretentious Dickishness on message boards ). I was simply saying that yes, there are beach front properties in New York, parts of Long Island are legitimate parts of NYC, and I lump them all together too, and I'm FROM the area.

-Doc

disclaimer: This post was in no way meant to slight, embarass or annoy any poster on the DVDTALK forum. All incidences of belittling were entirely unintentional and coincidental.
It's fine. I was informed that I may be confusing Lou with Tommy. I guess I just assumed that he would be moving out of NYC and didn't figure any beachfront property that may or may not exist in NYC would look that beautiful.
Old 06-20-07, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 717 Likes on 513 Posts
Originally Posted by Bobou2
Has Artie Lange been on this season yet?
No. He should show up in the next episode or so, IIRC.
Old 06-20-07, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
It's fine. I was informed that I may be confusing Lou with Tommy. I guess I just assumed that he would be moving out of NYC and didn't figure any beachfront property that may or may not exist in NYC would look that beautiful.
On that point you may be entirely correct. CERTAINLY no property on Staten Island (shudder).

-Doc
Old 06-20-07, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

-Doc

I took no offense and was not offering any - I was only pointing out my own ignorance of NYC and surrounding area boundries. I fully got and enjoyed your sarcasm, btw.
Old 06-20-07, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Cusm
I fully got and enjoyed your sarcasm, btw.
Good man.

-Doc