DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   American Idol -- Final 2 -- 05/22/07 and 05/23/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/501280-american-idol-final-2-05-22-07-05-23-07-a.html)

LorenzoL 05-22-07 04:48 AM

American Idol -- Final 2 -- 05/22/07 and 05/23/07

Blake Lewis and Jordin Sparks compete head-to-head at the legendary Kodak Theatre in Hollywood Tuesday, May 22 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX. The season's last performance show promises to be a night to remember as the Top 12 reunite on stage, along with special guests. Then, tune in the following night for the most anticipated event of the television season. Over 100,000 people auditioned, and now only two contestants remain Lewis and Sparks. One of them will be crowned the next American Idol on the two-hour season finale Wednesday, May 23 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX.

Please make sure to put spoiler tags on any discussion involving dialidol.com when posting prior to the airing of the results show. Once the results show has aired, spoiler tags are not needed.

magiccmom 05-22-07 07:50 AM

The entertainer vs the singer.

First time I'm good with either one.

Sparrow 05-22-07 07:56 AM

I'm rooting for Jordin to win and I will vote tonight....I didn't vote last week and regretted it.

Goldberg74 05-22-07 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by magiccmom
The entertainer vs the singer.

First time I'm good with either one.

Same here... but I'm giving the slight edge to the entertainer.

Groucho 05-22-07 08:28 AM

The finale is always the worst show of the season. There's a ton of filler, and the songs are "favorite performance" (a repeat, basically) and then they both sing the same crap original song. To make things worse, this year the original song was sent in by the public.

Anyway, I predict that the voting's going to be a blow-out -- in Jordin's favor.

dadaluholla 05-22-07 08:33 AM

Paula Abdul broke her nose tripping over her Chihuahua, so she should be extra doped up tonight! Woooo!

Goldberg74 05-22-07 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Paula Abdul broke her nose tripping over her Chihuahua, so she should be extra doped up tonight! Woooo!

I just read that over at CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html

I wonder is she'll be on painkillers for the ep? ;)

Big Quasimodo 05-22-07 09:58 AM

I'll try to vote for Blake. Last week I couldn't get in for Blake or Melinda.

It should've been Melinda...

dadaluholla 05-22-07 10:04 AM

What in the hell are they going to do for 2 hours tomorrow?

rfduncan 05-22-07 10:25 AM

Feh. Since America already voted off who was clearly the best singer of the competition this year. Who cares? :shrug:

Melinda - you're awesome!

Tommy Ceez 05-22-07 11:06 AM

What in the hell are they going to do for 2 hours tomorrow?

Guest stars

Shannon Nutt 05-22-07 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
I wonder is she'll be on painkillers for the ep? ;)

Injury or not, that's a given. :)

chowderhead 05-22-07 11:29 AM

I hope Blake repeats his Bon Jovi's shot through the heart rendition. That probably the best performance this season with Sanjaya's ponyhawk being second.

RoboDad 05-22-07 11:29 AM

Count me in the "outraged that Melinda got voted off instead of Blake" group, so I will be voting a hundred times or so for Jordin. And then I'll only be buying Melinda's CD when it comes out, and skipping both of the "final 2".

dadaluholla 05-22-07 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
Guest stars

I thought maybe they had drained their guest star reserves during the whole Idol Gives Back mega show. The only guest star left would have to be....HASSELHOFF.

Josh H 05-22-07 12:27 PM

Pulling for Blake, but think Jordin will win.

I personally hated Melinda's voice. Too deep and throaty for me...but I just don't like that style of music in general.

DRG 05-22-07 12:45 PM

I thought maybe they had drained their guest star reserves during the whole Idol Gives Back mega show. The only guest star left would have to be....HASSELHOFF.

I have this feeling they'll do some sort of gag with Chris Sligh and Hasselhoff.

Deftones 05-22-07 12:59 PM

Go Jordin. Want to see an AZ native win it. :up:

Struz 05-22-07 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
I personally hated Melinda's voice. Too deep and throaty for me...but I just don't like that style of music in general.

Me too. I thought she was horrible and her looks didn't help.
I'm glad she was given the boot last week.

DJariya 05-22-07 01:06 PM

Unless Jordin's voice cracks, I think she has this one locked.

Fetzore 05-22-07 01:29 PM

Melinda had a nice voice and all but the judges and the baby boomers need to realize that her style of singing is not what's popular in America anymore. That deep, dramatic old-school style from 1979 is about 30 years old (aka time to move on). It should be no wonder that Jordin and Blake are the final two in this contest. Melinda was boring as hell to me in almost every performance that she had.

Also, screw the whole idea that this show is a singing competition. It's about 50% that and 50% popularity & entertainment and either the staff of AI are going to go with the flow of this and make some adjustments to keep people interested in watching not only for the singing but for the whole package of a pop star or this show will be off the air sooner than later.

Oh, and to stay on subject, I hope Jordin wins it.

starseed1981 05-22-07 01:49 PM

I'm prefer Blake to win. But Jordin is as much a lock this year as Taylor was last year.

exharrison 05-22-07 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
Guest stars

They'll probably have that reject pair there. I think they work on the Kimmel show or something now, too.

rfduncan 05-22-07 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Fetzore
Melinda had a nice voice and all but the judges and the baby boomers need to realize that her style of singing is not what's popular in America anymore. That deep, dramatic old-school style from 1979 is about 30 years old (aka time to move on). It should be no wonder that Jordin and Blake are the final two in this contest. Melinda was boring as hell to me in almost every performance that she had.

I'm not a baby boomer. And did you not hear her belt out that Bon Jovi song like Tina Turner. I can honestly say I don't know what's popular anymore... not to mention what STYLE is? Is pop popular? Kelly Clarkson is about to give us a hint when her next album arrives in a few weeks...

Please Fetzore - tell me what is popular. Cause I ain't buying either of these folks' albums. Clay Aiken anyone? Rubin Studdard? Oh brother... -rolleyes-

MovieMaster11 05-22-07 04:15 PM

My fav. song Blake sang was "When the Stars go Blue". I have been rooting for him since the beginning and he seems like a really genuine person that can be entertaining.
Go Blake!!