Heroes -- "Landslide" -- 05.14.2007

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-07, 03:30 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Landslide"

Poised to become a member of Congress and maybe more, Nathan considers the cost to those he loves, along with his mother's advice and Linderman’s prophecy. As he prepares to face Sylar to the death, Hiro learns of his lineage from his father. While various "heroes" fatefully arrive in New York City, Peter and Ted attempt to leave the city before the foretold explosion. H.R.G. and Matt learn the surprising truth behind the tracking system used on people with special abilities.
Old 05-14-07, 04:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Pretty excited for this one. Part one of the three-hour finale, right? Last week's episode was really disappointing considering how great the week before was. But I'm sure that Heroes will get it right for the Season Finale.
Old 05-14-07, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well the time is coming.... this is it fellas....
Old 05-14-07, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

[Sylar]BOOM![/Sylar]
Old 05-14-07, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought it was confirmed that it's not Sylar who booms?
Old 05-14-07, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hardercore
Part one of the three-hour finale, right?
No. 1 hour tonight, 1 hour next week. Each run a minute or two over, but nowhere near 3 hours.
Old 05-14-07, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by kaze0
I thought it was confirmed that it's not Sylar who booms?
Sylar didn't boom in that possible future. The future that happened because "our" Hiro removed himself from the timeline and never got a chance to stab the non-Claire-powered-regenerating-Sylar.

What we saw 2 weeks ago was just one possible future - at this point the bomb hasn't gone off and if it does Sylar, Ted, and Peter are all likely sources.
Old 05-14-07, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pinata242
No. 1 hour tonight, 1 hour next week. Each run a minute or two over, but nowhere near 3 hours.
The season finale was originally advertised as a "two hour season finale". Hence some confusion that's been going on over whether next week's part 2 is 1 hour or 2 hours (listed at 65 minutes AFAIK).

Can't wait til tonight. And can't wait til next week. And can't wait til August 28th, so I can get season 1 on HDDVD and see the first group of episodes in HD instead of on a small screen on nbc.com.
Old 05-14-07, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

From Sliceofscifi.com:
A week from Monday, the freshman hit “Heroes” leaves the airwaves for the summer hiatus. Hopefully, NBC will repeat the entire series to expose new fans to the hit drama. But that does still leave a long stretch of no new episodes for fans of the show.

How can the show stay in the hearts and minds of the fans while off for the summer?

NBC will launch an original Web series, “Inside Heroes,” based on its freshman hit drama, Heroes, May 21 on NBC.com. The site will include include Heroes Character Profiles. Inside Heroes will be an eight-part series which will go behind-the-scenes to look at the show’s production process.

The goal is to keep the series in the forefront for viewers throughout the summer.

“Fans of Heroes don’t need to wait until next season to enjoy their favorite show,” said Vivi Zigler, executive vice president of NBC Digital Entertainment and New Media. “Being able to interact with rich content all summer long is fun for the user and helps us keep the show brand top of mind.”

The online series will look at various components of the show—visual effects, music, wardrobe, stunts, make-up, artwork, and catering for the cast.

The Character Profiles will look at individual characters’ story lines from the beginning of this season, allowing fans to either catchup or jump into the series.

The Heroes online, graphic novel will also continue this summer with new chapters. That is being written by comic book authors Joe Kelly, Duncan Rouleau, Steven T. Seagle and Joe Casey.
Old 05-14-07, 09:24 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally Posted by hardercore
Pretty excited for this one. Part one of the three-hour finale, right? Last week's episode was really disappointing considering how great the week before was. But I'm sure that Heroes will get it right for the Season Finale.
According to Entertainment Weekly, last week was the first part of the 3-episode finale.
Old 05-14-07, 10:28 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Damn, no 2 hour finale? That sucks, read about it not too long ago and now I see it will only be the usual 1 hour finale. Still looking forward to how everything ends. With the large of supporting characters/cast, it would have really been nice to tie things up with a 2 hour ending.
Old 05-14-07, 11:48 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Just to lock this in before the episode airs, my guess as to Mama Petrelli's super power is that she has the ability to "persuade" people -- the power of suggestion to the nth degree. I'm basing this on the way she seems to be able to talk Nathan and Peter and Claire into doing things they don't really seem to want to do.
Old 05-14-07, 11:59 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by JasonF
Just to lock this in before the episode airs, my guess as to Mama Petrelli's super power is that she has the ability to "persuade" people -- the power of suggestion to the nth degree. I'm basing this on the way she seems to be able to talk Nathan and Peter and Claire into doing things they don't really seem to want to do.
VETOED on account of that was Eden's power.
Old 05-14-07, 12:32 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
Crap -- I forgot about that.

Hmmm ... maybe Mama Petrelli is Eden, and she faked her own death when she was fighting Sylar.
Old 05-14-07, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Sooooooooo excited for this...
Old 05-14-07, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
I agree and it would be lame... but it hasn't been established that only one human has each individual power has it?
Old 05-14-07, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by madcougar
I agree and it would be lame... but it hasn't been established that only one human has each individual power has it?
With (perhaps) the exception of Sylar and Peter - their main power allows them to "learn" other powers. Biggest difference is that Peter gains his through a period of contact and Sylar gains his through death and brain removal.
Old 05-14-07, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I missed the thread last week But did I just miss an episode or did they ever explain how Sylar got his iceman ability?
Old 05-14-07, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I missed the thread last week But did I just miss an episode or did they ever explain how Sylar got his iceman ability?
They haven't come out and said when or who he got it from, but I think we all know how he got it.
Old 05-14-07, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Sylar's ability was that he could tell what was wrong or different about something, wasn't it? That's why he could fix watches so well. Am I mistaken about his power?

How would eating the brains of special people give him their powers?
Old 05-14-07, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by solipsta
Sylar's ability was that he could tell what was wrong or different about something, wasn't it? That's why he could fix watches so well. Am I mistaken about his power?

How would eating the brains of special people give him their powers?
via Heroes 360 (primatechpaper.com, accessing the secret files part of the site from Wireless' webpage):

PERSONAL HISTORY: Gray [Sylar], a watchmaker by trade, was approached for study by Chandra Suresh who termed Gray his “patient zero.” Gray used his intuitive understanding of the biological workings of individuals on Suresh’s list to obtain their abilities. The specific mechanism of acquiring the powers is uncertain, but requires the removal of the victim’s brain matter.
Old 05-14-07, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mama petrellis power is to give everyone a raging hardon
Old 05-14-07, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kaze0
Mama petrellis power is to give everyone a raging hardon
She must have lived next door when I was in my teens then. Case closed.
Old 05-14-07, 04:34 PM
Suspended

Nathan Petrelli left me a voice mail today. That was kind of weird.
Old 05-14-07, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I just got a call from Nathan Petrelli telling me to check out votepetrelli.com

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.