Old 05-18-07, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think Mister Softee and Lana have something going on
Old 05-18-07, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LorenzoL
When Clark discovers Lionel threatened to kill him unless Lana marries Lex, he goes after Lionel to silence him once and for all. Lana tells Lex she is leaving him, and Martian Manhunter makes a return appearance to help Clark stop Lex, who is trying to find the last wraith from the Phantom Zone in order to use its DNA to power his army of super soldiers. Meanwhile, Lois goes to Reeves Dam in search of information about Lex's secret lab and is brutally stabbed by a security guard. Chloe's secret power is revealed.
As someone who hasn't watched this show since maybe season two, this episode description makes the show sound about ten times more unwatchable than it was even back then.
Old 05-18-07, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by sinister
the delivery truck was there for a reason. that's very obvious, first thing i thought when it appeared was that lana would get in it. they could of filmed the scene without it so you know if it's there it's there for a reaosn. i'm glad chloe is gone and i'm sure lana will be gone until the end of next season before someone discovers that she lives. i love how they introduced bizarro. I would of liked green arrow to show up since he brought life back into this show.
I saw Justin at a recent convention and he said they asked him to do it but he was in the middle of filming a movie.
It would have been nice. Maybe he can show up for the premiere.
Old 05-18-07, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I've seen enough soap operas to know that nobody ever dies in a car bombing.
What about Monk?
Old 05-18-07, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by sinister
I would of liked green arrow to show up since he brought life back into this show.

If it wasn't for him the the JL this season would have been a disaster.

I guess I'm the only one that just didn't feel the finale. I'm not a fan of Bizzaro so I didn't get any pleasure from his intro. The Lois thing was so random and just a plot device to get Chloe down there. Chloe heals with tears? Oh boy. Lana, didn't care. Loved the Martian Manhunter stuff but they should have developed the character more throughout the season instead of pulling him working with Lionel out of no where.

The Phantoms was a weak premise to base the season on. It should have lasted till the X-Mas break at the longest. They killed off Riana(?) who was an interesting character. They had Lex waste all season building a superbeing that was quickly killed in one episode?

I always say that this show is good for at least the opener and the finale but this year they actually had some good stuff in the middle and completely wiffed at the end. Disappointing.
Old 05-18-07, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Timber
If it wasn't for him the the JL this season would have been a disaster.

I guess I'm the only one that just didn't feel the finale. I'm not a fan of Bizzaro so I didn't get any pleasure from his intro. The Lois thing was so random and just a plot device to get Chloe down there. Chloe heals with tears? Oh boy. Lana, didn't care. Loved the Martian Manhunter stuff but they should have developed the character more throughout the season instead of pulling him working with Lionel out of no where.

The Phantoms was a weak premise to base the season on. It should have lasted till the X-Mas break at the longest. They killed off Riana(?) who was an interesting character. They had Lex waste all season building a superbeing that was quickly killed in one episode?

I always say that this show is good for at least the opener and the finale but this year they actually had some good stuff in the middle and completely wiffed at the end. Disappointing.
Agreed. And Martha leaving...kinda sucks, but after Jonathan died they never wrote anything interesting for her. Both Allison Mack and Kreuk are on the cast list for next season, but not Annette Otoole. Maybe Chloe will be Lois' ghost friend, or possess Krypto like in that old Chevy Chase movie.

And if they use that Bizarro face throughout next season, or even the premiere, that'll be lame.
Old 05-18-07, 07:13 PM

I thought it was a good episode, with the exception of Chloe's "death". It would have been cooler if her tear would have revivid Lois but not killed herself. Otherwise, what kind of lame ass power is that.
Old 05-18-07, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I thought it was a great finale .... One of the best of the series. Even though I had an idea of what would happen, the ending was terrific. I am a Chloe fan and I am sure I will regret this episode next season, but I still have to give it a solid A-.
Old 05-18-07, 07:46 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Next season should be interesting, at least early on - No Martha, no Chloe, and presumably no Lana (at least for a while)? Chloe and Lana were generally huge plot devices to get Clark doing something. Obviously that leaves more time for Lois...I hope they get her some more acting lessons, she's not half the talent Mack is.
Old 05-18-07, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
I saw Justin at a recent convention and he said they asked him to do it but he was in the middle of filming a movie.
It would have been nice. Maybe he can show up for the premiere.
Yeah, I'm cool with the possbility of Green Arrow and his crew saving Lana.

I'm sure Lex must have had some detailed files on members of the JL that Lana just came across and Chloe may have told her about them. But the more likely case is that they came to her first.
Old 05-19-07, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Timber
You are not alone.

I'm sitting here reading these comments after watching this earlier tonight and i'm saying to myself "55 posts 'til someone says they didn't like this?!??!". Compared to past season finales, this one was the weakest. Someone mentioned in the ER thread that the very end of that show seemed like a convoluted way to end the season on a cliffhanger.

Well, that's what this entire episode was like.

Didn't care for it at all. The Lois thing was beyond ridiculous. Not the whole "tear" thing, but (as Timber pointed out) the random plot device. I mean, the "tear" was slightly ridiculous too, but we all know/knew that Chloe is/was a meteor freak, right?

Bizzaro? Frankly, I don't mind him as a character, but I can only take so much of his backward talking until I start getting a migrane. Staying true to their pattern of NOT following the comics, it doesn't look like I might have that problem here. Heck, he might even still look like Clark when s7 starts.

Lionel? Didn't mind him being an ally of Clark's. Guess Jor-El really did give him a change of heart. And, yes, it was cool to see J'onn.

Other than that, this finale was a mess.
Old 05-19-07, 07:59 AM
Suspended

Good finale overall, but the healing tear was pretty damn lame....even for Smallville. The writers set it up so perfectly that Chloe could take Lois' name. I was pumped when I thought that was going to happen, but then the healing tear came and ruined it for me. It's not that I don't like Lois, I do, but it's just that I route for Chloe.

[Comic Book Guy]Worst. Meteor. Freak. Power. Ever.[/Comic Book Guy]

Last edited by Slayer2005; 05-19-07 at 08:03 AM.
Old 05-19-07, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Slayer2005
Good finale overall, but the healing tear was pretty damn lame....even for Smallville. The writers set it up so perfectly that Chloe could take Lois' name. I was pumped when I thought that was going to happen, but then the healing tear came and ruined it for me. It's not that I don't like Lois, I do, but it's just that I route for Chloe.
Yeah, when the whole "tear" thing happened, I honestly thought that Chloe's "essence" was inside and, like you said, she'd take over Lois' body.

That'd suck, because I don't like Durance as much as Mack.
Old 05-19-07, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Icon769
I thought it was a good episode, with the exception of Chloe's "death". It would have been cooler if her tear would have revivid Lois but not killed herself. Otherwise, what kind of lame ass power is that.
I don't even consider that a superpower; that's just some stupid shit that happens when you cry.
Old 05-19-07, 09:07 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Friggin awesome episode ! why can't they do this ever week ! If Season 7 is the last, they need to make it like this every episode.
Old 05-21-07, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

One of my favorite season finales. Loved the ep. Left a lot of stuff to continue on next season. Can't wait.
Old 05-21-07, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
Not surprisingly, not much discussion of this. While I thought this season overall was one of the better ones, these last couple eps leading to the finale were below par for pre-finale eps. They have done a good job in the past of setting up the finale. Not so much this year.
It's almost as if they pooped out a few because they are so focused working on the finale. And the way Smallville does finales is like no other so I will look the other way. I'd still put season 6 as the second best season if not right alongside season 2.

Didn't see the final shot coming at all.

Originally Posted by bboisvert
While I was enjoying how completely packed-to-the-walls this episode was, it would have been nice if they could have spread this out a bit more over 3-4 episodes and not had the past few be so lame.
It's like that every year.

As for the 'tear,' very lame. However Chloe taking over Lois' identity or body or whatnot is 10x worse of an idea.
Old 05-22-07, 02:16 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
then after an awesome finale and a good season opener, they go back to being average
Old 05-22-07, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

ON TVguide.com they said that
Spoiler:
Anette O'Toole would not be back as a regular next season and that Chloe was not dead.
Old 05-22-07, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Spoiler:
well, O'Toole is hardly a series "regular" now. she's basically a guest star putting in short cameos here and there...
Old 05-22-07, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,630 Likes on 2,604 Posts
I'm surprised the new Bizarro wasn't speaking like his Superfriends counterpart from the Legion of Doom...."Me Bizarro..."
Old 05-23-07, 12:19 PM

"I'm You, Just a little more Bizarre"

what great line
Old 05-29-07, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think someone else pointed this out about half-way through the season, but:

Is it just me, or is Lois aging in dog years now? Look at her face, from the last two episodes of the season and then jump back to say the costume ball episode. I swear she looks like she's aged like 5+ years in between. Maybe I'm imagining things, maybe not. What do you guys think?
Old 05-29-07, 03:50 PM

I haven't been watching this show for a few seasons, but caught this episode in a rerun over the weekend. This episode was just bad. Pretty awful in fact, especially considering it was a season finale. I saw a decline in the show while I was watching regularly, that's the main reason I stopped, but man I didn' think it would get this bad. The contrived drama, posessed kid, miracle tear, it bordered on daytime soap ridiculous.
Old 05-29-07, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by shumway
I think someone else pointed this out about half-way through the season, but:

Is it just me, or is Lois aging in dog years now? Look at her face, from the last two episodes of the season and then jump back to say the costume ball episode. I swear she looks like she's aged like 5+ years in between. Maybe I'm imagining things, maybe not. What do you guys think?
It's even worse in HD. Well, they could always use her to play Martha next season..

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.