Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Smallville *Season Finale* -- "Phantom" -- 05/17/07

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville *Season Finale* -- "Phantom" -- 05/17/07

Old 05-17-07, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But in the end Lex is being arrested for the murder of Lana. Wouldn't they need to find a body in order to get an arrest warrant? I'm assuming the fire department would show up to put out the fire and either there's a body or there isn't...
Old 05-17-07, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Several people were arrested for the disappearance/murder of Natalie Hollaway.

Maybe Lex is just being questioned.
Old 05-17-07, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
You do see charred figure slump on the steering wheel after the car went up in flames. But I too believe it was faked. Too bad. SHe's such a lame character that she deserves an unceremonious death.

But Chloe... For a second there, although I would have been pissed to see her go, I thought we were gonna get the fan theory of Lois dying and Chloe taking her name as her own in order to honor her dead cousin.

BIZARRO!
Old 05-17-07, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 326 Likes on 264 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBigDave
The whole "Lana death" was a total cliche. You see someone get into a car, something blocks the view, the car blows up, and a short time later the person shows up alive.

I've seen enough soap operas to know that nobody ever dies in a car bombing.
Old 05-17-07, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 178 Posts
Wow, good thing Chloe didn't drop any tears on her dead puppy.

Okay, I know Martian Manhunter has made a few real sketchy appearances, but this was the first real appearance, yes? I felt like I missed a chapter somewhere with the lack of explanation about who he was.

Sorry to see Chloe go - hope the writers shape up Lois better now.
Old 05-18-07, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bronkster
Wow, good thing Chloe didn't drop any tears on her dead puppy.

Okay, I know Martian Manhunter has made a few real sketchy appearances, but this was the first real appearance, yes? I felt like I missed a chapter somewhere with the lack of explanation about who he was.

Sorry to see Chloe go - hope the writers shape up Lois better now.
Now Lios can fall in love with Clark, she will not have Chloe's emotions for him.
Old 05-18-07, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
This was one of the best season finales of the show; there was just so much leading up to the climax that I need to see it again to dissect it. When I saw the kid, I wasn't too keen on that for the confrontation, so it was great to see Bizarro's origin. They skirted the issue having Clark fly once again by doing this approach. I'm just glad they didn't have him talk in that ridiculous broken English that was used in the comics. I'm interested to see if they're going to eventually develop him into a more sympathetic being, or just keep him evil throughout. He does have traces of Clark within him, genetic or otherwise, so anything can happen.

I'm somewhat skeptical about Chloe's apparent demise. It was established she had some power, and I think we only saw a glimpse of it tonight. After all that set-up this season, it would have been a bit anti-climactic for her character to end the way it did.
Old 05-18-07, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That delivery truck was so obviously a cover that I didn't even entertain the idea she might really be dead. I figured the Lana death scene was faked by Oliver and company, to keep the Luthors off her trail. I'm not sure who else would have the resources to carry it off.
Old 05-18-07, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Absolutely kick ass season finale, its going to be a long summer. They crammed a lot in on this episode, and at a great pace. Will be interesting to see Bizarro Clark running around. I hope we see a lot of even more evil Lex for season 7!

Be careful reading this spoiler....

Spoiler:
Chloe isn't dead, neither is Lana. Though Martha Kent will not be returning to the show and Michael Rosenbaum says season 7 is his last.
Old 05-18-07, 01:13 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 107 Likes on 82 Posts
Great ep, other than the possible Chloe death.
Old 05-18-07, 01:53 AM

wow if chloe is gone im done. lana should be the one dead. along with maybe lois, with chloe taking up her name
Old 05-18-07, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I read somewhere, I think it was TV guide, that the deaths are like usual deaths on Smallville so I take that to mean that they won't be permanant.
Great episode. The last fight was great.
Old 05-18-07, 02:14 AM

I was speechless watching the whole episode, and my wife was kinda quiet too. This season finale was just crazy, and man the fight scenes was out of this world.

Cant wait for season 7. Btw, i also started crying watching lois getting stabbed.
Old 05-18-07, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
The episode was nice but out of sync with the rest of the series. Lionel turning around and his lame excuse of trying to help Clark by forcing Lana to maary Lex just did not feel right.
I'm sure he could have found another way in.
And then him telling Lex that Lana did not love her and that he forced her to marry him, what was that ?
Old 05-18-07, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 107 Likes on 71 Posts
I agree about the delivery truck. It was the type without doors--easy to jump in.

I'm also guessing that the show moves to Metropolis next year, per Martha's 'leave the farm' speech
Old 05-18-07, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger
So if Lex didn't put the bomb in the car, who did? Well, Lionel could have had the delivery truck pass by and have a couple of goons pick her up really fast. That's possible.
I assume that Lana did it (either herself or with the help of the Justice team). She was looking to get away from Lex. To do that, she needed to leave in such a way that he wouldn't find her.
Old 05-18-07, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I gave up on Smallville after the 100th episode when they killed a major character. I decided to tune in the to the season finale out of curiosity. No freakin' idea what the hell was going on.
Old 05-18-07, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by madcougar
I gave up on Smallville after the 100th episode when they killed a major character. I decided to tune in the to the season finale out of curiosity. No freakin' idea what the hell was going on.
Smallville did lose it's credibility after that. It should be interesting to see if these deaths are final or not. If they are not, than they did the same thing as the 100th episode allll over again!
Old 05-18-07, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 107 Likes on 71 Posts
How did it lose crdibility? Lana notwithstanding, they promised a major character would die.

They delivered on their promise: Jonathon died.
Old 05-18-07, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Iron_Giant
Now Lios can fall in love with Clark, she will not have Chloe's emotions for him.
Exactly! Nice to see they're finally moving toward the "true" Superman world. I hope Chloe truly is dead. She's been on the show enough. It's time to move on with Lois and Clark now.
Old 05-18-07, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i hope lana didnt jump in time on the van and got blown up... that would be
Old 05-18-07, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Nice episode. I love Chloe, but I do think her death opens the way for a Lois/Clark relationship. Wish Lana was really dead, but I too am sure she's not. She's never had any contact with Oliver, so I don't know how he would help her setting it up. I'm not sure who set it up.

Cool that they introduced Bizarro. Can't wait for next season. Looks like Lex will start out in the slammer?
Old 05-18-07, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Lex starting in the slammer is perfect.....
Old 05-18-07, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by GuessWho
How did it lose crdibility? Lana notwithstanding, they promised a major character would die.

They delivered on their promise: Jonathon died.
Because it is reallly easy to kill off a character but a real cop out to just hit the reset button.
Old 05-18-07, 02:56 PM

the delivery truck was there for a reason. that's very obvious, first thing i thought when it appeared was that lana would get in it. they could of filmed the scene without it so you know if it's there it's there for a reaosn. i'm glad chloe is gone and i'm sure lana will be gone until the end of next season before someone discovers that she lives. i love how they introduced bizarro. I would of liked green arrow to show up since he brought life back into this show.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.